“Good Poker Room”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Wendover
Wendover Nugget Hotel and Casino
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in West Wendover
Payson, Utah, United States
“Good Poker Room”
Reviewed 22 May 2013

My husband and I stay at the Nugget several times a year. We enjoy playing the live games and tournaments in the Poker Room. Coffee shop isn't bad, a little slow but the food is good and serving size is generous; not crazy about the buffet. Rooms are very nice and seem to be clean,

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Margaret H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Having gone to Wendover a couple times. I can say that my stay at the Nugget has been the most pleasant. The price was fair, and if you are a rewards member they also give you more discounts, and comps. The service was great my friends rooms A/C was not working so they upgraded her room for the price of the standard room. Will be going back to the Nugget.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Millcreek, Utah, United States
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I had great time at the Nugget, everybody is very friendly, and go out of your way to help out if you need anything!staff is informative of activities and transportation, nice variety of foods.From finest Steak and Lobster to simple and delicious Tacos at TRINOS.... ,need little sweet, theres Ice cream Parlore and Starbucks if Coffee Is up your alley in Morning. Good tasting Harvest Cafe, They also have Buffet that offers Fresh Made Omeletts in AM.Rooms are clean.Rooms Closer to Casino have larger TV ,However the Tower rooms have verandas out to the Pool.The Indoor Atrium is also nice for breakfast.If you choose Room with Veranda to Atrium, it has beautiful Lush green trees for sitting area.Whatever you decide to do....you can always expect friendly staff .

Room Tip: rooms in towers are quiet , very relaxing rooms in veranda indoors and nice sitting area if you ask...
Ogden, Utah
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I had heard that this hotel had remodeled their rooms and was now a very nice hotel. Our room may have been updated, not sure when however it was at least 80 degrees when you stepped off the elevator onto the floor where our room was located. When we arrived to our room again, the room was the same temperature as the hall way. We immediately turned the thermostat that was in the off position to cool. Not only did it not cool it blew our warm air increasing the temperature in the room. The 5th floor window did open however, the window did not have a screen in it and looked directly into opposing rooms, the only air you could get was with the black out curtains open. The bed side light bulb was broken off the stem and dangling. The loud music that was playing in the parking garage waif-ed nicely into the open window. When we complained upon our next morning 7:30am check out, the front desks asked if we had called maintenance. They seemed very unconcerned.

Room Tip: Book elsewhere
2 Thank LouAnne D

Travellers are raving about these West Wendover hotels

Reviewed 15 May 2013

Looking forward to our stay at the Wendover Nugget Hotel and Casino. The reservation process was very easy. It's a very convenient location if you are checking out the Bonneville Salt Flats. The Starbucks inside is much appreciate.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 14 May 2013

There is almost nothing good about this place.

The only redeeming quality is the Mexican restaurant in the little food court area off the casino. Their food is tasty.

Everything else is just plain bad. On the surface the place looks decent, so I chanced a hotel stay after an earlier trip to Wendover where I stayed at the Montego Bay. That decision was a mistake. This place was a little bit cheaper, but it is not even in the same league as the Montego Bay across the street. The room was dirty. The mattress had a severe bowing to it. The front desk staff was downright rude, etc. The place felt like a really bad Motel 6.

Downstairs in the casino I felt open hostility from the staff that stand behind the tables. The dealers were OK, but I am talking about the ones who stand behind them. These are the people who wear suits in most casinos. Here they dress more like they are members of a street gang, and they have the tattoos to complete their ensemble. I was betting $25 a hand and won a couple hundred bucks. When I looked up, one of these guys was staring me down like I had just insulted his mother. It made me very uneasy, so I ended up leaving and doing my gambling across the street.

I have no idea why anyone would stay here when there is a much better place right across the street for a few bucks more a night (I think it was maybe a $15 a night difference when I stayed here).

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Paul V
Windsor, Colorado
Reviewed 12 May 2013

We were fooled a little by the new exterior of the Hotel and Casino. Don't be fooled, there's an old hotel behind that new facade. The rooms had recently been updated, but we had a realtor in the past that would have called this a "Hollywood". Dressed up, but still old on the inside. The rooms were clean, but the TV wouldn't bring in the main channels and the toilet ran every 25 seconds. We called for maintenance and he was there in a few minutes, so we can give them that. He was able tweak the connections behind the TV and we could at least see CBS, but it was still snowy. We told him about the toilet and he did fix it, but by the next morning, it was back running every 25 seconds. I would probably try one of the other hotel/casinos next time. Don't be fooled by the new exterior.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room. They charge more, but it's probably worth it.
2 Thank RLMartin
#6 of 7 in Wendover
Motel 6 Wendover
Motel 6 Wendover
#4 of 7 in Wendover

Been to Wendover Nugget Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!