Candlewood Suites Winnemucca
  • Pool
Town House Motel(Winnemucca)
Winnemucca Inn(Winnemucca)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfull kitchensized refrigeratorboard gameshonor systemfront deskstove topfree laundryspacious suitean extended staynice accommodationslending librarypolice stationin townice makerwater pressure in the showerexercise roomroad trip
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

First of all, don't stay in Winnemucca. Sorry Winnemuccians but seriously don't stay here. Having said that, if you must stay in Winnemucca, stay at Candlewood; it was fantastic.
It's a new building, beautifully furnished. The staff was friendly and helpful and the room was awesome.
Our room was beautiful and had a super functional kitchenette. A lot of places have kitchenettes and then you open the cupboards to find equipment akin to heating up pizza pops in a microwave. Not the case for Candlewood. We were really pleased with our room and ended up having a better time in Winnemucca than we thought possible.
On an additional note, the hotel also seems to be very accommodating for persons with physical disabilities.

Stayed: August 2014
9  Thank Leena M
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Super clean property that is well managed. We stopped there on our trip to San Fransisco. It smelled clean, looked clean and the staff was friendly and courteous. I would definitely stay there again if I ever find myself in Winnemucca.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This is the newest hotel in the city. It is priced just $10 under the Holiday Inn Express. The rooms are comfortable, large and clean. The room has a nice large desk, full size refrig., stove and silverware. Not that you need it for a one night stay. No breakfast is served. They do offer coffee, apple, and banana for free. The gentleman at the front desk was nice and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I stayed here the week they opened. Our bathroom door had a hard time opening and closing, but I think we were the first ones to use the room so I am sure they fixed it. We had a rate of a little over 100 which was cheapier than most of the other hotels in town. Breakfast was not served there but the price was good so we booked it. Check in was an issue, they had the wrong price, then the wrong type of room and it took a while, but again, it was brand new. The room was beautiful though and deserved the 5 stars (besides the door issue). However, when I went to book it in June and then July I noticed the price went up a lot. Had I got it for the price in April (during spring break) I would book it again but the room I had last time has now gone to 150 (both stays being weekend) I think I will try something else. If you don't mind spending a lot of money and not getting breakfast I would stay here but I have a hard time justifying the price.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sacrament_traveler
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Winnemucca, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Sacrament_traveler,

Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate that you took the time to share your feedback. I am happy to read that you found our room commendable. However, please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience the bathroom facility and level of service during check in may have caused you. I appreciate you bringing this concern to our attention. Rest assured, your concerns will be forwarded to the appropriate department to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your future travels.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Nicer than it needs to be. We have stayed here three times since the opening and it's always clean, tidy and comfortable.
They have large coffee makers and many small appliances for your convenience at no cost. The high speed internet actually is high speed as well.
It's what you would expect from a more cosmopolitan city tucked away in dirty Nevada. A true oasis and a welcome relief from the dirt and dust of the trails.

Stayed: July 2014