“disappointed,,”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barrington
Barrington Shores Campground
Malden, Massachusetts
“disappointed,,”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

to congested, campsites on top of each other, not many activities for the kids, clothes lines everywhere. no privacy..this campground is geared to adults not kids..nothing for the kids to do once they came out of the lake...

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank camper123456_13

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed 14 July 2013

This place is so great, I couldn't have said it better than the people who wrote the review for the 5 days (June 28, 2013.) Everything they said was true: beautifully maintained grounds, super staff, friendly campers. This is our first season here, we are full time and it's the best summer of our lives. Staying here feels like LIVING THE DREAM. My only wish is that visitor fees were less, or a discount for a registered family member or something. other than that this campground is my slice of heaven. We toured others and this is definitely our summer HOME.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank jaynange
Providence,RI
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We recently stayed 5 days in a cottage at Barrington Shores. I have been camping in the Lake Winnipesaukee area for thirty years and was most pleasantly surprised by this facility. One immediately notes that the grounds are immaculate and treated daily by campground personnel. The beaches were apparently freshly sanded and are groomed daily. The bathhouses reflect maintenance several times a day as they are consistently found clean and tidy. Campsites are well designed for privacy,all offer excellent views. Views of the lake and sunsets from the beach are breathtaking. Staff is constantly engaged in maintenance and as such easily reached for questions. All were found very helpful,courteous and knowledgeable as to questions about the facility and the region Free weekend entertainment is provided.The Elvis impersonator who performed while we were there was excellent. The campground has many visitors who have been coming for several years and numerous dedicated sites. Guests are found friendly and engaging.Night time quiet regulations are enforced making it a pleasant place to sleep for families with children and campers with busy itineraries. Location is convenient, easily accessible and an Urgent Care Facility and Veterinary clinic are quite near.I have reccomended this campground to several friends and family members who plan to visit this season, I am to accompany them and am looking forward to future stays..

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bradford L
Winthrop, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Been going to the campground for many years.It's true there is new management and that is always scary for a place when you love it. The management has been fabulous. The have added many attractive features and entertainment options. They have many free events for families which use to be charged for. they are still pretty tight with the rules but the delivery is less confrontational. I know some have complained, but to me those are people predispose to resist change and complain. If you want a beautiful place where you can enjoy beautiful sandy beaches and a gorgeous lake with family and friends this is the place. What makes it even better is it's less than 90 minutes from Boston

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Marty O
Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 December 2012

We've been looking for years for the perfect campground and we have finally found our spot . I have large family and Barrington Shores was very accommodating. We were pleasantly surprised by the clean, open beach area (the sunset between the trees was perfect!). Each morning it was promptly groomed and ready for the day. We found the bathrooms and showers to be extremely clean unlike most other campgrounds we have been to in the past. We set up shop on the beach sites. Cooked, played music, floated and enjoyed the time with our kids. It was small enough that we felt comfortable with the kids walking up to the arcade or buying ice cream at the store. Our boys favorite spot was the fishing peninsula. We also had several parties with a dogs. The dogs enjoyed the weekend as much as we did. I would highly recommend the beach sites!! We are having our next family gathering there this August (8/13). I also wanted to comment on the extremely helpful young women in the office ( i wish I knew her name). She is gem!! The most polite and helpful young person I've met in a long time. We will be back for many years!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2012

We camped here for a long weekend in July 2012; our first time. It is much smaller than it appears on the map, which was concerning at first..."thickly settled" is a thought that came to mind as I drove in. We were on the lake, near the boat docking area and in between the beaches. It was beautiful and very quiet! The bathrooms were always clean. The front check in staff was quite helpful...although I should have paid more attention to the fact that someone uses a tractor to back in campers-our site was quite small and it took me a long time to get it back far enough that we could still use the fire pit. I did, and my husband declared that we should come back again to the same site (go figure?!)

Room Tip: Consider the offer of assisted trailer placement via tractor...depending on your site.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
amesbury, ma
Reviewed 30 August 2012

My husband and I just returned from two weeks at Barrington Shores and we enjoyed our stay there. We have been away from camping for many years and recently purchased our first trailer. We were looking for a place not too far from home and on a lake. We had seen the campground from a boat the previous year and thought it might fit the bill. The staff was very helpful with a few glitches we had setting up our trailer for the first time and neighbors were generous with help and advice. The store did not carry staples (as stated somewhere else) but there is a full grocery store just minutes away. The store did close early but once we knew that, it was no longer an issue. Some campsites were roomier than others - ours was fine for our trailer with awning and a large tent and we appreciated the water view. We found the bathrooms and showers to be very clean (free showers and they had hot water!) and even saw a cleaning crew come through each night between 9 and 10 or so to have them ready for the morning. While we were there, there were some groups that came in that were loud but I have to say that by or before 11 pm it was quiet again - and this certainly was not every night - closer to the weekends.
We weren't looking for or necessarily interested in any entertainment that a campground might offer but we did attend the Kareoke nights. The kids had fun and some adults sang also. They had music at the beach several other nights that we could hear at our site. We were far enough away that it wasn't really an issue but if you camped right near the large beach it might be a problem if it wasn't something that you enjoy. We did see notices posted that there were arts and crafts for the kids, an archery lesson (?), a horseshoe tournament and several music activities. Our grandchildren enjoyed the playgrounds and the beach. We never made it to the smaller beach but there were floats at both. Sand must have been laid down in the beach area because the lake bottom tended to be mushy with sediment in other places. We were only affected by this when we put the boats in and out. The lake is quite large and very pretty if you can get out on it. We spent a peaceful morning watching the loons from our kayaks (well, I did while my husband fished!). Over all, our weeks were enjoyable and peaceful and we plan to go back.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Been to Barrington Shores Campground? Share your experiences!