“Beautiful spot, good hotel”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Bartlett
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Nestled in the beautiful White Mountains of NH and close to many attractions, including Storyland, Attitash Mountain Park, Skiing and more, it is worth a visit. The hotel is very nice on the outside and in the lobby, but the room was decent quality, but nothing fancy. We had tons of space as we reserved a 3-bedroom suite which was well equipped and comfortably accommodated 4 adults and 5 kids. The included breakfast was not very appetizing and came across feeling sub-par in taste, quality and selection for a full breakfast.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jginbos
Kate P, Manager at Attitash Grand Summit Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear jginbos,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I am so happy to hear that your family had plenty of room and had a comfortable stay. I will let our Chef know the feedback about your breakfast experience so that it will be on his radar.

We are also proud of the location, being set in the woods makes it a great getaway from the 'real world'.

Kate

Reviewed 5 November 2013

After reading the reviews posted about the Attitash Grand Summit Hotel, my husband and I were wary of staying here but wanted to get away during leaf season and thought we'd give it a chance.
When we arrived there was a bellman there who quickly assisted with our luggage, he seemed very kind and knowledgeable about the area, what to do, where to go, etc...
When we got to the front desk, I noticed that the lobby was clean, the decor was exactly what I would expect from a resort in New Hampshire and the front desk agents were friendly, helpful, and smiling.
We checked into our room, which was a standard hotel room, which is exactly what we paid for, it was clean, and the view was of the ski resort that over looked the pool were great to wake up to!
We went down stairs to get something to eat and have a couple of drinks, sat at the bar and enjoyed speaking with the bar tender. He told us where to go to avoid the crowds so that we could see the foliage but not be in lots of traffic. My sister is also planning a wedding and so I inquired about the venue and one member of the staff even took the time to show us the banquet hall that was being decorated for a wedding the next day.
My husband and I were both very impressed with the staff working there, the food was exactly what we were expecting and the decor was simple but clean.
All in all, I would recommend this hotel if you are traveling with family or your spouse, the location is set back in the woods, so you really feel like you're 'getting away from it all' and there is everything you'd need for a vacation right there. I also liked that North Conway was about 15 minutes away so while my husband golfed I could go shopping and buy without the sales tax!
We'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: Top floors have the best views!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rossie18

Dear Rossie18.

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback!

I am thrilled that you and your husband had such a great experience, as you can see we're working hard at making improvements. I can't wait to print this for everyone involved and let them know their hard work has been worth it.

~Kate
Attitash Grand Summit

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Our family stayed one night at this hotel over Columbus Day Weekend. We checked in, went swimming at the pool and returned to the room to discover my wallet had been stolen. I had a large amount of cash and all of my credit cards in my wallet which was in my purse (there are no safes in the rooms). There was no manager on duty (?) so we dealt with the woman working at the front desk. The local police were called and they were very responsive but also shared that this was not the first time that a theft had been reported at this hotel. While I was meeting with the police my husband took our kids to dinner at the hotel - which was comped. We left the next day with no word from a manager...and waited four days to even receive a return phone call from her regarding this matter. She let us know that an "investigation" had been done and that no one else had accessed our room while we were out and there was nothing else they could do. I am still hopeful that someone will find my wallet somewhere and return it to me...and also recognize that I obviously was not in a safe enough environment to leave valuables in my room. Lesson learned. The biggest disappointment was how this situation was handled (or should I say NOT HANDLED) by the hotel management. We spent the next night at the Red Jacket and had a completely opposite experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank kaseinsy
Kate P, Manager at Attitash Grand Summit Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear kaseinsy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Attitash Grand Summit Hotel.

After reviewing the police report and speaking with the Bartlett Chief of Police, I can confidently say that there has not been a history of this happening at our hotel. We did do an internal investigation and we can see who enters every room on property. The only key that was used to enter your room was your room key. There was no other indication that your room had been entered by anyone but you in the time that you checked in or the entire night you spent here.
We currently do not have safes in our rooms and hope that savvy travelers understand that leaving large amounts of cash in their hotel room is not something that is advised or recommended by anyone.
Our front desk agent handled the situation with grace and although she is not a manager, she has been here for a number of years and took the right protocol in handling your situation. I’m glad to hear that your dinner was taken care of. The General Manager of our hotel was out of town during this incident and responded when she returned to the property.

I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Red Jacket, I’ve also heard great things about their property. We will keep an eye out for your wallet and if it turns up, please let us know.

Kate

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Despite my terrible experience last time, we stayed here one night with our friends. We were three couples who had dinner by the bar. It took 2 1/2 hours to get our dinner and have one round of drinks. After waiting 30 minutes, I had to go find a bus boy and asked if he could find a waitress. The waitress eventually showed up and said "I'm doing you a favor to wait on you". I do have to say that my one Jack and coke was a good value, at least it was strong. I still don't know why it came in a stemmed wine glass. Perhaps to keep them small? One of the meals was an excellent beef casadia. I finally received my meal about 20 minutes after everyone else and they were almost done. The lobster mac and cheese sounded really good and I was hungry. I know that I could have made the dish better with a more interesting box of Kraft, a tube of Vulveeta and a bigger can of lobster. So we finally all eat and the waitress does a favor and actually come back for a second time in over two hours. We try to get a desert round of drinks and she informed us that we had been shut off. Really? My wife drank water and the rest of us each had one drink? Then it hits us, we admittedly gave her a lousy tip and she returned the favor. Avoid this place at all costs, drive somewhere else to stay and eat anywhere else.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ChiefPL
Kate P, Manager at Attitash Grand Summit Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Attitash Grand Summit Hotel and the Crawford Restaurant and Pub specifically. We can not improve without feedback.
We have made a number of changes within our staff as a direct result of feedback from guests like yourself and we are looking forward to them.
We have recently hired a new executive Chef as well as a person to directly manage the restaurant to ensure issues like this do not continue to occur.
We hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in the area and we look forward to seeing you.

The Attitash Grand Summit Resort

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We booked our rooms months in advance to attend a wedding at the facility. We were aware that the bookings were non refundable. The wedding was in the afternoon followed by a reception and dinner. We retired to the room early (before dessert) as my husband twisted his knee during the buffet and needed to ice it. Between 6-8:30 we listened to what sounded like kids dive bombing off the beds in the room above us. The noise was unbearable. By 8pm we couldn't take the noise any longer and requested a room change. We were told there were no rooms available. The clerk said she would have maintenance knock on the door if it sounded like the noise was excessive, but quiet hours were not until 10 pm. After another 1/2 hour of total bedlam above us, we decided to pack up and drive home (2 hours). When we checked out the staff was indifferent and reminded us the bookings were non-refundable. We were not asking for a refund, just a quiet room. They handed us the hotel manager's card and suggested we contact her. I sent her a polite email the following morning offering feedback about our abrupt stay and never heard back. Total indifference. Won't stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank stbn5108

Hi Lcameron75,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the room situation you had here at the Attitash Grand Summit Hotel, we apologize that we were unable to move your room based on the level of occupancy and have spoken to the Front Desk staff about other alternatives if something like this happens in the future.
All feedback is good feedback so that we can use it as a learning experience and going forward we will also be sure that guests on top floors understand that there are other people staying in the hotel.
We hope you'll give us another chance and look forward to hearing from you!

Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

My husband, 14 year old daughter and I stayed here for a long weekend last week. We stayed in a standard room on the third floor. The room was average size and provided enough room for the 3 of us. There was a balcony but we didn't use it as there is no patio furniture to sit on. The bathroom is very small you need to maneuver to close the door. There is a small sink area outside it which helps for getting ready when someone is in the shower. The pool is decent size chairs are a bit uncomfortable and there are tons of small kids in the Jacuzzi's. there is a small but well equipped gym. One disappointment was the breakfast at Crawford. Service was slow. When we were sat we were told to go up to the buffet. It was decent eggs, home fries, pancakes, bacon and sausage. They were out of bacon and it took 30 minutes before they brought more out. Later I happened to go to the grill to pick some toiletries up and the women there told me they were supposed to give us am option of Buffet or menu. The next day we went to the grill and got delicious omelets. The hotel is about 9 miles from downtown Conway which is fine during the day, but at dinner it takes about a half hour in traffic to get there. It's about an hour to Lincoln. All in all the hotel is nice but for the summer I think I'd stay right in N conway next time.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Lcameron75
Kate P, Manager at Attitash Grand Summit Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Hi Lcameron75,

We hope you'll give us another chance and look forward to hearing from you!

~Attitash Grand Summit Hotel

Reviewed 28 August 2013

We stayed for 3 nights with our 2 sons ages 5 1/2 and 4 years, and everyone had a wonderful time! The hotel is clean and comfortable; the staff were all friendly and helpful; and it was really convenient to have Crawford's restaurant right in the lobby the night we arrived (tired and running late for dinner with your kids). We booked a 1 bedroom deluxe suite, which worked out great for us with plenty of space and a nice kitchen area. We had breakfast included in our stay, which I had not expected, and everyone enjoyed the wide selection of breakfast items.
The hotel is 10 mins from Storyland and about 45 mins from Santa's Village. We will definitely be staying here again when we go next year, and will probably stay longer so we can enjoy some hiking and the hotel pool as well as the parks.
Lastly, the hotel was considerate enough to change our reservation to later in the week when one of our boys broke his arm 2 days before we were to leave. We still managed to have a great time during our trip later that week, even with the huge cast and all!

Room Tip: If travelling with kids, I think the 1 bedroom deluxe suite is a great option - we had the kids in o...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank apaula

Dear apaula,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Attitash Grand Summit Hotel, you're good experience is wonderful to hear and I'm glad you found our staff friendly and accommodating.

We're sorry to hear about your sons broke arm, but glad to hear that we could move the reservation your family so you could have fun at Santa's Village and Storyland!

We look forward to seeing you next year!

Attitash Grand Summit Hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bartlett
North Conway Grand Hotel
#3 of 12 in Bartlett
Attitash Mountain Village
Attitash Mountain Village
#5 of 12 in Bartlett

Been to Attitash Grand Summit Hotel? Share your experiences!