“Stayed in suite 101” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Bartlett
New Castle, New Hampshire
“Stayed in suite 101”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

I stayed at the Attitash Grand Summitt in March in suite 101 for my birthday weekend. My suite had a combination kitchen/living room, a huge two sink bathroom and a king bed. What a place! I don't know what all the moaning was about because this place rocks! We had plenty of heat, hot water with fantastic water pressure and amazing views. My husband and his friend went skiing while me and my friend went shopping in North Conway, a very short ride from this hotel. The men said the skiing was fabulous and we thought the shopping was amazing with all the outlet stores in North Conway.
I seemed to me that it must be a great location for a ski and stay for families as the hotel was packed with lots of children. There's a pool that goes from the inside to outside as well as two Jacuzzi's and a workout room too.
We had breakfast included in our room - a buffett that had fruit, yogurt, coffee, tea, juice, scrambled eggs, eggs benedict, bacon, sausages, potatoes, plus muffins and other breakfast pastries. Pretty good for an inclusive breakfast!
All in all I'd stay at this lovely hotel again and recommend it highly!!!

Room Tip: Ask for room 101 - as long as I'm not going there that weekend - lol
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Fantastic location. Excellent, friendly, accommodating staff. We have been staying here for years and have never had a fault with it yet. Love the hot outdoor jacuzzi in the middle of winter. Just a 5-10 minute drive to outlets. Perfect!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Amherst, New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

We rented the penthouse suite for 4 days for 5 people. No hot water in master bathe so we all had to share 1 bathroom. We notified front desk on day one but nothing was done about it. Too bad, otherwise it's a great location with ski on/ ski off and the outdoor pool is great.

• Stayed February 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

We come here every February vacation and it doesn't disappoint.
Free breakfast, slope side, outdoor hot pool and hot tubs.... Kids are ecstatic. Comfy and cosy. There is no such all around fun in the area. Everybody in the hotel is very accommodative and nice. Restaurant is great. Not the best, but decent.

Stayed February 2014
Kate P, Manager at Attitash Grand Summit Hotel, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear TS,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Attitash Grand Summit Hotel, you're straight forward and honest review was a breath of fresh air.

We look forward to seeing you next time and I will let the Front Desk know you thought they were accommodating.

Thanks!

Worcester, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

Just returned from the fifth annual ski trip with friends and family at the grand summit.First the pluses, the staff at the front desk had some new faces and were friendly unlike the past few years. The ski in ski out is the best as well as the outdoor heated pool. Now for the negative , the rooms are old and dated, the bathrooms are tiny. But by far the worst thing about the place is the restaurant every year including this year ,even with the new chef and the new women who manages the place. The breakfast buffet is free because you could never charge money for what they served . Dinner the kids had pizza, this was not bad ,I on the other hand ordered the iceberg wedge salad topped with steak tips medium on the beef please. My friend ordered the same . After a long wait they arrived steak tips looked like they were prepped hours earlier and came from the fridge cold and beyond well done , no biggie , I dig into the blue cheese smothered iceberg lettuce and think hmmm what an odd taste to this so I take another bite , it can't be ....so after the third bite it dawns on me , my iceberg lettuce was actually a wedge of cabbage , yes cabbage. My friend had the same thing after a fit of laughing I think wow how sad is this and who in that kitchen actually prepared this , anyone with kitchen knowledge who is supervised by a chef knows the difference from iceberg to cabbage . The waiter who was a bit clueless as to what I was complaining about does not do the normal thing and take it back to have the proper salad made,he leaves it in front of me for 20 minutes I then ask to speak to the young lady who manages the place and ask if he told her , of course he did not . More time goes by ,he comes back and tells me that she took the salads off the bill . The manager Never came over to see what she could do to make it right maybe try bringing me the right salad?
Lets sum this up this place located where it is could be charging top dollar they could get top dollar with some upgrading and some real talent on the restaurant side one would pay for the other .
I will not be coming back, next trip in a couple weeks my family will be going to the mountain club on loon , where I will be paying more , I will be paying for an amazing buffet breakfast 18 bucks to be exact and the restaurant and its staff are all on point. I suggest you folks take a drive over and see what I mean or just go up the road and check out the service at the Mount Washington hotel . Upgrade , charge a little more , pay for better help !.......restaurant is a joke the food in the base lodge of the mountain puts it to shame!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Anthony B
Timbuktu, Mali
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

If your business is lodging and food service---then one would expect that you would be good at these lines of business--because that is all you have to do! The restaurant and catering services is some of the worst I have ever experienced. All the food that was served at the banquet was stone cold and tasteless. We actually threw the food in the garbage--it was that bad.
I have never done that before--but we couldn't bring ourselves to eat it. Why is it so hard to find good kitchen staff? Why does management not care to give their paying customers quality?

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Kate P, Manager at Attitash Grand Summit Hotel, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear skier b,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Attitash Grand Summit Hotel, we always appreciate feedback so that we can improve.

After reviewing the comment cards that we received from events in January, all of the group leaders have given us rave reviews regarding the catering services they experienced while they were on property. We take great pride in our food, customer service, and kitchen staff and take negative reviews very seriously so that we can improve.

Our General Manager Alissa Whittle would like to speak with you directly regarding your experience here. Please call her at (603)374-2144 or email her at awhittle@attitash.com at your convenience.

Thank you!

Somerville, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

Terrible customer service, awful food, outdated rooms. Definitely do not recommend! I spent closed to $1000 for a weekend stay and have expectations for this reason. I'm disappointed to have selected this location for a winter weekend getaway and will go to another establishment that wants my business in the future.

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank lewis49a
Dear lewis49a,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Attitash Grand Summit Hotel, we appreciate all feedback in order to help us improve.

Every single one of our guests are important to us and it makes our day to see them walk in the door. I am very sorry to hear that your stay with us was less then your expectations.

Thank you for the feedback regarding the rooms, we're in the process of making improvements as the budget allows. Customer Service is something that we don't take lightly and if there was a specific instance that you did not have a good experience with one of our staff members we would love to hear about it so that we may address the issue directly.

We also have been improving our food and dining experience by bringing on a new Restaurant Manager who has made great changes in the restaurant.

Thank you again for taking the time to submit a review!

Kate
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bartlett
Lodge at Jackson Village
Hampton Inn & Suites North Conway
Attitash Mountain Village
Attitash Mountain Village
#3 of 12 in Bartlett

Been to Attitash Grand Summit Hotel? Share your experiences!