Absolutely the nicest staff EVER. From the person I made the reservation with on the phone (I think her name was Carol) to every single person in the Elevations restaurant (Michelle and Norman especially) and the conceige and Ceal outside by the pool. They go out of their way to make you feel welcome and important and help you.
Now onto the hotel. It is nice, but compared to the Mt. Snow Grand Summit and the Killington Grand and other comparable hotels (Mountain Club at Loon, Jackson Gore at Okemo, etc.) the hotel needs some updating. For a Grand, it could be a bit more upscale with still keeping the mountain feel. The drains did not work in the bathroom and the room was kind of small. The water pressure was terrible in the shower. The window was jammed and hard to open and close. The air conditioning is horrible. There is no central air and the unit by the window was either freezing cold or too warm and was extremely noisy. The walls were like paper and the people above us I would have sworn they were jumping up in down in snow boots, but it was not snow season.
The breakfast is very mediocre. Limited fruit on the buffet and the pastries were not too appetizing nor were the other hot dishes. They did make eggs or omelettes or anything else you wanted in the back. One day they were slow and not very good. Depended on the chef. I ate breakfast at the Killington Grand and it was set up in the ballroom and everything was fresh and delicious and omelets were made on the buffet along with waffles and there ample berries and yogurt. However, dinner was very good in Elevation here. I loved the salad and the quinoa stuffed tomato. And again I have to commend Norman. My daughter was working very hard on her coloring and she forgot all the pages she made after dinner and we went back and he saved them for her. No other place would have saved them or even noticed they were there when cleaning up.
Next time I would opt to stay in the one bedroom. We stayed in the studio and it was too cramped for a family of 4 and the beds were really uncomfortable. The kitchen was great. And having a DVD player was a nice touch. There were enough outlets. The room was ok but for the expense and could use some upgrading.
No fault of the hotel but the Grand is over on Bear Peak which is not the main mountain. In the summer it is SLEEPY. There is nothing to do over there as Bear Peak is closed and you cannot walk to the main mountain. I don't know why you wouldn't put your premier hotel on the main mountain. The pool was great. It was heated and my daughter loved it. They did have some kids activities and had smores that started about a half hour late. But the kids enjoyed it.
The Grand is a very laid back a casual atmosphere and very family friendly. I would recommend it. Again, I loved the staff and the people but don't know if I would stay again due to location and proximity to other things to do in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE AREAS ONLY SLOPESIDE RESORT IS CENTRALLY LOCATED TO IT ALL! Secluded in the woods at Attitash Mountain Resort, the Grand Summit Hotel provides an abundance of lodging room choices and amenities while centrally located to all that North Conway and the Mount Washington Valley have to offer! Ranked as the #2 Ski Town in all of the USA, in the winter, North Conway plays host to excellent downhill skiing, cross-country skiing trails, snowmobiling, shopping and dining. During the summer months you'll find our resort full of life with our own attractions. Guests also enjoy area festivals, hiking, biking, swimming and scenic drives. Whatever the season, you'll have the perfect family or romantic getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Attitash Grand Summit Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Attitash Grand Summit Resort
- Summit Bartlett
- Attitash Grand Summit Bartlett
- Bartlett Summit
- Attitash Grand Summit Hotel White Mountains/Bartlett, NH