“Just ok”

Attitash Grand Summit Hotel
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Bartlett
Reviewed 3 September 2014

We just stay past Labor Day weekend, the hotel entrance is very pretty and the lobby is big and cozy, the front desk were very pleasant and cordial, always ready to help. The room was not so good the beds were ok but the place is outdated, the AC was horrible it was manual and was on-off all night long sometimes with long time without turning on so the room was very hot at times. No little fridge in the room that is awful even the smallest motel offer a small fridge. The breakfast was very poor the waitress were nice but the food to simple no many options and no real eggs ugg.
We think is not good for the money is to pricy for what they offer. I would go some to some one else until the make some updates .

Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LilyfamilyTravels
There are newer reviews for Attitash Grand Summit Hotel

Reviewed 25 August 2014

The exterior of the property is very attractive which is carried over into the lobby which I imagine in winter is very cosy with the fire going.
Our apartment was a good size and functional & comfortable without being particularly attractively furnished. Reception staff and trip concierge were of the very highest order both in terms of friendliness and their obvious affection for the White Mtns area is infectious.
The outdoor pool is a good size and the hot tubs genuinely hot and spacious - again in winter they must be wonderful. We only had one evening meal and one breakfast - whilst the food at dinner was fine we found the room a bit gloomy.
Great location for visiting Atttitash Mountain and all the other myriad activities that the White Mountains offer whether it be hiking, going up Mt. Washington or the outlet shopping in N. Conway. Given how busy they were in August the staff were really the jewel in the crown

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Great place- clean rooms, pleasant staff, nice dining, pool, hot tub and more:-)
I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a decent stay with a mountain view- a little pricier than other hotels nearby, it's worth it . The wait time for dinner at their restaurent is more than the norm , so we ended up going out for dinner. Our room was in the third floor , it was quite and the view was nice!! Last but not least, they offer free continental breakfast buffet.

Will definitely consider next time too!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jiby J
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Absolutely the nicest staff EVER. From the person I made the reservation with on the phone (I think her name was Carol) to every single person in the Elevations restaurant (Michelle and Norman especially) and the conceige and Ceal outside by the pool. They go out of their way to make you feel welcome and important and help you.

Now onto the hotel. It is nice, but compared to the Mt. Snow Grand Summit and the Killington Grand and other comparable hotels (Mountain Club at Loon, Jackson Gore at Okemo, etc.) the hotel needs some updating. For a Grand, it could be a bit more upscale with still keeping the mountain feel. The drains did not work in the bathroom and the room was kind of small. The water pressure was terrible in the shower. The window was jammed and hard to open and close. The air conditioning is horrible. There is no central air and the unit by the window was either freezing cold or too warm and was extremely noisy. The walls were like paper and the people above us I would have sworn they were jumping up in down in snow boots, but it was not snow season.

The breakfast is very mediocre. Limited fruit on the buffet and the pastries were not too appetizing nor were the other hot dishes. They did make eggs or omelettes or anything else you wanted in the back. One day they were slow and not very good. Depended on the chef. I ate breakfast at the Killington Grand and it was set up in the ballroom and everything was fresh and delicious and omelets were made on the buffet along with waffles and there ample berries and yogurt. However, dinner was very good in Elevation here. I loved the salad and the quinoa stuffed tomato. And again I have to commend Norman. My daughter was working very hard on her coloring and she forgot all the pages she made after dinner and we went back and he saved them for her. No other place would have saved them or even noticed they were there when cleaning up.

Next time I would opt to stay in the one bedroom. We stayed in the studio and it was too cramped for a family of 4 and the beds were really uncomfortable. The kitchen was great. And having a DVD player was a nice touch. There were enough outlets. The room was ok but for the expense and could use some upgrading.

No fault of the hotel but the Grand is over on Bear Peak which is not the main mountain. In the summer it is SLEEPY. There is nothing to do over there as Bear Peak is closed and you cannot walk to the main mountain. I don't know why you wouldn't put your premier hotel on the main mountain. The pool was great. It was heated and my daughter loved it. They did have some kids activities and had smores that started about a half hour late. But the kids enjoyed it.

The Grand is a very laid back a casual atmosphere and very family friendly. I would recommend it. Again, I loved the staff and the people but don't know if I would stay again due to location and proximity to other things to do in the area.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with family, go for the one bedroom vs. the studio. The Studio was tight and t...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed at the Attitash Grand Summit Resort for the 4th of July weekend. I was dreading check in, being a holiday weekend, and there was a wedding there that weekend too. The check in was surprisingly quick, the staff was friendly and the lobby was clean and inviting. We stayed in the one bedroom deluxe suite with our 2 children (ages one and three). It was very spacious, two full size couches, a sofa chair and a murphy bed in the living room, along with the full sized dining area. We had a flat screen TV and VCR, which the kids loved. The kitchenette was great, it had everything we needed, Oven, range, microwave, utensils, pots & pans, etc, and was clean. The bedroom was also spacious and had its own flat screen tv and a walk out deck off the room. We had a beautiful view. The bathroom had his and hers sinks and the tub/shower was very clean. No mildew/mold. We were very pleased with the cleanliness of the room.
The outdoor pool area has two large hot tubs adjacent to the heated pool. They had complimentary life jackets and swimmies for the kids which was nice. The pool area was also clean. The game room has seen better days, The carpet is worn and stained, the change machine ate my dollar but the front desk promptly addressed the issue, was very apologetic and gave me the dollar back. The air hockey table was out of order. They had a few driving games, hydrothunder and a couple shooting arcade games. The buffet breakfast was excellent. They had a full spread of everything you could think of and then some. They had the typical eggs/bacon/pancakes/muffins/fruit/pastries, but also included a different kind of egg casserole each day, which were delicious! My kids, who are picky eaters even enjoyed it!
I would recommend this hotel to others that have children and need a nice spacious room. It had everything we needed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This spot has a great location and view of the area.
This was our 5th stay as part of the Minis on Top gathering.
It is pricy but convenient for being close to functions to do with the event.
The staff are very accommodating to reservation requests and the rooms are clean.
It is obvious that this resort is designed more for the snow/ski season and is also a time share resort.
Available services are standard hotel services no extras that we were aware of.
We always enjoy our stays there.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bagtown
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Just checked in for a birthday weekend , Never stayed here before and never will again. The place doesn't Look like it has been cleaned in at least a year. the carpet looks like it is from when the place was built 20 plus years ago. It hasn't had a coat of paint in ages, there is a deck off our room and I don't know if I would dare walk out on it. The deck makes no sense because there isn't even a chair to put out there. We did use the tickets to the summer park but even that is appearing old and outdated. I guess Disney Does do thinks the best. Alpine slide is very worn and cars you ride on are all missing handles and parts are cracked and falling off. I am glad this visit will be over tomorrow! For $250 I could have stayed a t Marriott resort and at least had a nice updated room. I have read the reviews now and expect the manager may reply to this like all the other responses But she should pick up a paint brush and a vacuum.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank emptynest04074
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bartlett
Hampton Inn & Suites North Conway
#4 of 12 in Bartlett
Omni Mount Washington Resort
Omni Mount Washington Resort
#1 of 2 in Bretton Woods

Been to Attitash Grand Summit Hotel? Share your experiences!