Nordic Village Resort
The Wentworth(Jackson)
New England Inn(Intervale)
Clarendon Motel(North Conway)
View Hotel
All reviewsfull kitchenliving roomnorth conwaygas fireplacefitness centerice skatingview from the balconyspiral staircasenightly entertainmentindoor poolwasher dryerjacuzzi tubwhite mountainsthe penthousenice resortgreat for familiescoffee maker
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Spent a glorious night at the top of the world! We truly enjoyed our night get away at Nordic Village! We had a king suite with one of the most amazing jacuzzi with lights and waterfall! King bed was very comfy, tv was somewhat dated,flat screen would be nicer. Everything was clean,I looked behind doors,under bed etc. Kitchen was nice , clean dishes, silverware, small coffee maker. The views were to die for,and probably the most peace and quiet one night stays we have ever had. We will be coming back for certain and will definitely stay longer just to enjoy it all! Only thing I saw that didn't get the 5 star rating was that I stripped the bed down, ( habit of being an ex-housekeeper ) found the mattress cover almost in shreds. Just left a little note for the cleaning staff hopefully they changed it or will change it soon.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank abenvie
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We booked a suite at Nordic Village for a weekend ski getaway for our family of five. The suite was clean, had a great view of Mt. Cranmore and had everything in it we could need! Yes, it is a bit dated but who cares? I will take a good deal, a clean suite and a great heated outdoor pool any day of the week! Besides the pools (indoor and out) and hot tubs (inside and out), there is a small area to ice skate, hills for sledding, and nightly bonfires for s'more making! The wifi works great as well! I would come again, just get a larger accommodation.

Room Tip: One bedroom suite sleeps 4 max. 2 in a bed, 2 out on a pull out sofa.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Maureen S
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Family, weekend trip 2 weeks before Christmas. Rented a 1 bedroom Condo.

Pros:
Views were awesome.

Unit was equipped with everything you needed.

Close to restaurants, shopping, etc.

Cons:
Indoor pool "wasn't working" when we went, which was one of the reasons we chose this location.

Unit clearly hasn't been updated since mid 90s. Normally wouldn't bother me, but thought it was going to be "luxury". We didn't go to watch TV and hang out at the unit, however, wall paper was peeling, grimey shower/jacuzzi, iron burns on carpet, etc. didn't win any points for the review.

Also, the walls were verrrry thin. Heard quite literally every sound from above and next to us.

Bottom line, Nordic Village is far from luxury. It was noisy, dated, and the only entertainment (indoor pool) wasn't heated when we went. With plenty of places to stay in the area, we would likely seek alternate accommodations for our next stay.

About my rating system:
5 stars would have required excellent service, clean and luxurious amenities.

4 stars if the unit was top shelf, but service was lacking.

I would give 3 stars for a relatively inexpensive hotel that was clean and functional.

However, I had to go with 2 stars because I stayed at what felt like a dated, bargain hotel with no amenities and marginal service.

I guess I hold locations to higher standards when they list themselves as a "resort". Especially a luxury resort.

Stayed: December 2013
5  Thank Capozzination
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I rented a 3 bedroom townhouse from Wednesday until Sunday. The townhouse had a full well equipped kitchen. I was surprised that trash bags, dish washer soap, coffee filters, sponge and paper towels were provided. The cabinets contained plenty of pans and bowls, a blender, electric griddle, and coffee maker. The kitchen had a dishwasher, full stove and large fridge.

Off the kitchen was a 1/2 bath. The dining area with a table for 6 was separated from the kitchen by a large breakfast bar area (4 stools). The fire-placed living room had two club chairs and a decent sofa. Sliders lead to a small patio area. (Note lights outside did not work).

Upstairs, the king sized master bedroom had a small deck (again no lights) and a 3/4 bath. The second bedroom on this floor had a futon style bunk bed and another set of bunk beds. A full bath with spa tub was located in the hall. The 3rd floor had a queen bed and another 1/2 bath. This room was more of a loft style, but still maintained privacy as it only overlooked the staircase.

All of the bedrooms contained TV's with cable. Although the unit was not the most modern apartment, it was extremely clean, will maintained and typical for the area. The only issue we had was the DVD player was missing from the living room. Maintenance was out within 5 minutes and resolved the issue. The unit was located in the wilderness section. No wifi was within reach. The pool was only a short walk over the bridge and up the hill.

We only went to the bonfire the night Santa came. The kids loved it! Nordic Village provided cookies to decorate, hot dogs and cocoa.

The only downside to the Nordic Village is the distance to town. It is about 6.5 miles to North Conway center. I would stay again with this many people, but if it were just my husband and daughter I think I would opt to stay closer to town.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Danai G
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Stayed one night with family on our trip through New England. Arrived after dark, so I didn't see the views on arrival. The staff was very friendly and the directions to our building were very clear. They could definitely use some extra lighting outside, the path to our doorway was very dark and uneven. Once inside, the stairway up to our condo was very narrow. Be sure to keep this in mind if anyone in your party has trouble climbing stairs. The apartment itself was beautiful, clean, very modern and comfortable. And the next morning we were treated to a beautiful view of the sun rising over the white mountains...breathtaking! I'd definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Many of the rooms are up a large flight of stairs.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family