“Villager Motel”

Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Bartlett
Deltona, Florida
“Villager Motel”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

When me and my family stayed here in 2012 it was a so so experience. They advertised free breakfast but when we went up front in morning the first day there was nothing there but old coffee the guy looked surprised to see our family come in for the breakfast so we just left. The hotel room was out dated and dingy looking, the bed was stiff and the pillows were huge and felt like rocks no moveness or softness what so ever. We did itch all night in bed, thankfully it must of been from the detergent they used. The play ground had broken swings. Only good thing about this hotel was that if you followed the path behind the hotel it leads you to the river for some fun splashing and swimming. The hotel was a bit over priced for us even though we booked through priceline, it wasn't worth the money per night.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank elizabeth12285

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Plaistow, New Hampshire
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed for three nights and enjoyed our visit until the last night. There was a large group of folks who came in and took probably half the units. On the Saturday night at 10:30, they started a party around the fire pit (that was right behind our unit). I wasn't too concerned at first at wrongly assumed it wouldn't last long. I called the office at 1:30 AM and then again at 2:30 AM telling them I was about to pack up and leave. Finally the man (owner?) went out and turned off the outside lights. When that didn't quiet them, he eventually went and spoke to them and the crowd (20-25) broke up. It didn't get quiet until 3 AM and by that time I was to riled up to sleep. In the morning I spoke to the lady in the office and she said "I know, we couldn't get to sleep until 3 AM". Well shouldn't it have been up to them to do something sooner?
We then noticed there are no instructions / rules anywhere to be seen in the unit. I don't think I've ever been where there is no sheet of paper near the door stating check out times or quiet times, etc - never mind emergency (fire) instructions. When I first tried to call the office, there was no instructions on the phone. I couldn't get an outside line, no idea of an extension for the office, etc. I had to use my cell phone, calling information for the number of the motel.
It was a nice unit, clean and updated. Except for the floors. The carpet was sticky and the bathroom floor was just plain dirty.
People were pleasant, one man even rounded up a card table so we could do a jigsaw puzzle. Nice to be able to bring my little dog, but would have been better if I could have left him in the room for enough time to go to a restaurant (couldn't just leave him in the hot car).
Enjoyed our stay at first (ignoring the floors) but the last night ruined our stay. Expected to spend our stay getting rested and relaxed - but went home more exhausted that when we arrived.
I did something I've never done before - I removed the housekeeping tip I had already put in the little envelope and left nothing.
Will no go there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Dottie C
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I would come here again! ! We have a little dog and we find it hard to find places that understand that dogs do bark..especially when there are other dogs there ..and then they want you to bring your dog to these parks and what have the dog sit in the hot car..ALSO To the review about its dirty Well the carpets are all new now..I found the owners to be "people" not I am an owner of this hotel! I'm very anal when it comes the being clean. .The rooms where clean I stayed in 2 different ones..why because we had a family emergency when I booked another 2 nights for a different time she only charge for the 1 night since I had paid for the second night Already. .I thought that was awesome considering they didn't have to..and they are 30 year old that work every day all day ..so to me pj bottom or a fancy outfit it's to nice friendly greeting that is worth it. I have no complaints I love the pool..by the way mess around with your wifi stuff it works if you know to restart ect..those things helped me..The only thing I was not found of was the park ..it was a tad nerve racking It is a big boat the wood is really old it could be awesome but it seems put some work in it then this place is great and cheap..and friendly people. .I WOULD COME AGAIN

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Melissa S
Rockport, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed here last night with my husband for the first time. I was worried because I booked it on availability since vacancies were scarce because if bike week and then I read the reviews and thought on no it's going to be a dive. Not the case at all. New carpet, fresh paint, flat screen, microwave and fridge. The best part was being able to relax in the chairs around your own fire surrounded by trees. I wish they served some kind of breakfast. Maybe others have higher standards but there was nothing wrong with this place and we stayed in. #26

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Amy M
Santee, South Carolina
Reviewed 26 February 2014

A family run motel that is ideally sited for summer family fun and winter snow sports. Was recently remodeled and upgraded - the flat screen TVs are a welcome change. The rates are very competitive and the motel is pet friendly. This winter, the management cut trails thru the woods in the snow behind the motel - a great place for a short walk or for children to play. In less than 30 minutes you can drive to Storybook Land; North Conway with its outlet malls, Wal-Mart and dozens of restaurants; numerous Alpine ski slopes; and the two premier Nordic centers in the area (one five minutes away).The staff is friendly and responsive to customer needs. With over 25 units, there are room/chalet sizes to meet every budget. We like the fact that you are off the main highway in the woods but close to everything. This is not a five star resort - but is great for families and couples on a budget. Bartlett is a cute town with a general store, restaurant and a snowmobile rental office. We visit frequently and have recommended it to family members.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chermol
Woburn, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Im ashamed to say, ive stayed here the past 3 yrs, i will never return. Every year this place goes further down the tubes, mgt dont care about there guests or the property its all about the money for these people. Pool is dirty, rooms are dirty and broken down, and when its time to check out the older gentleman demands you leave him a good tip for cleaning his dirty motel god forbid they do there jobs and be nice to there guests.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank dewieal

Travellers are raving about these Bartlett hotels

Farmington, Connecticut
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We had a cabin, with a separate bedroom and a kitchenette. We enjoyed having the space, and, since we rented directly, the price was very affordable. The location is convenient, right off the highway. Wifi was great, and direct tv had many channels. We were told there were two twins in addition to a queen bed, but instead there was a daybed and elevating trundle, which were fine. However, the place had limitations. Furnishings and decor were adequate, but dated and shabby. The main reason for the low rating is that the place needed thorough cleaning. For example: the bathroom needed scrubbing; there were crumbs and dust around the edges of the bed; the daybed cover was stained; the tiny frying pan was caked; the grates on the ac and heaters were dusty. Even after cleaning was requested, things needed more! And, they tried replacing the fry pan with another almost as crusty, tho they finally gave us other alternatives. The utensils for cooking were also limited. I'd give a 2.5 rating if I could. All that being said, we'd probably return as we made do and there was more good than bad! Having the space for a few days rather than being in a single room was very nice!

Room Tip: Book by calling directly as it's less expensive. A lot more space in a cabin than in a room!