“Worst Choice We Made.....” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Villager Motel
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Bartlett
Hampton,nh
“Worst Choice We Made.....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

My fiancé and I have been going up north for a while now, and I've never been to North Conway so he planned this weekend trip for our 4 year anniversary. I give him credit for trying so hard but this place was absolutely NASTY!!! Such a waste of money, website says free breakfast not true at all, the room smelled so bad, the bed looked as though someone had JUST got done sleeping in it, I found a BLOOD stain on the bathroom floor and the shower was so disgusting I wouldn't even take one there. I felt terrible bc my fiancé tried so hard to make this a great experience for me and this place absolutely ruined it for both of us. He wasted his hard earned money, we didn't even dare to sleep under the sheets or use the pillows which had stains in them by the way. This place was NOTHING as to what we expected. I would NEVER stay there again and would not recommend it to ANYONE...the next morning I went in I was in tears bc I felt so bad for my fiancé and wanted a refund bc of the blood stains I found in the bathroom, the wi-fi did NOT work and neither did the phone in the room. The woman was so rude and said if I called the office and told them about the blood stains and the nasty bedding we could have got a different room, or a refund. I explained the phone didn't work and I also went to the office and it was closed. I would stay FAR away from this place. Complete and total rip off. Only thing we liked was the location. As for everything else. It's all a lie. Pool wasn't heated and not clean, we had no "fire pit" outside of our room like it said. I could go on for days. I would not reccomend this place to anyone and I've already contacted the better business bureau. My advice stay FAR AWAY from this place. Terrible

• Stayed July 2014
6 Thank JennyLeigh224

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New England
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I feel the need to clarify some reviews I have read. This was the cheapest place around and the cabins have kitchenettes and there are charcoal grills so we thought it'd be okay. The cabin was sufficient...not spotless but clean enough...until we pulled down the bedspread and found a dirty blanket. We simply took it off every night. The carpet looks "newer" however there is an odor to it which I know because I put a shirt on that had been on the floor and it smelled like Indian spices, which is fine if you like the food, I do not. The pans were old and warped on the bottom. The non stick pans were unusable as the coating was coming off. The wallpaper was coming off the walls. The website says adirondack chairs...true but ours was broken and not able to be used. The Queen bed was fine. The trundle bed desperately in need of WD40. And the trundle bed is the only thing to sit on while watching tv and definitely not comfortable with the metal bar against your legs. Appliances were good. Bathroom okay...looked like new shower over old one but it was clean. Water worked great. Pool great and location of hotel perfect. The porches on the cabins are in need of painting but that wasn't a big deal. We did have a bag of bottles & cans, that we were saving to return, which was either taken by the person to return themselves who came to do the beds or thrown out. It wasn't a lot of money it was the assumption that they were for the taking. To me, nothing should be taken unless it's in a garbage can. Oh, and the sitting on your chair and looking at the Saco River that was advertised? Um, not here. Can't even see the River and the trail that led to River was too overgrown to walk through. We also had to go out and buy a sponge and some dish soap. The sponge that the hotel provided had seen better days. Hotel staff does not do dishes nor did we expect that but they should, at least, provide enough dish soap to wash dishes, which they did not. They should also provide new sponges between guests. They should also wash dishes after guests check out to make sure they are clean for next people. It appeared to us they didn't as there were a couple plates that were dirty in the cabinet. They do provide wood for the fire pit which is a plus. There was an ant trap under the sink...no big deal to us as most people in New England have ants. If they spruce up the inside of the cabins it would be worth coming here. I don't know what the regular rooms look like.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Megan A

Travellers are raving about these Bartlett hotels

Bartlett, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

the family loved it , very clean , where I have been coming right infront of the pool , playground, the grass is pretty,well maintained.the room was comfortable ,we had the kitchenette also very clean fridge stove,bathroom very clean,i will be back next year for sure , thanks villager for making our vacation ,complete.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tracey B
Deltona, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

When me and my family stayed here in 2012 it was a so so experience. They advertised free breakfast but when we went up front in morning the first day there was nothing there but old coffee the guy looked surprised to see our family come in for the breakfast so we just left. The hotel room was out dated and dingy looking, the bed was stiff and the pillows were huge and felt like rocks no moveness or softness what so ever. We did itch all night in bed, thankfully it must of been from the detergent they used. The play ground had broken swings. Only good thing about this hotel was that if you followed the path behind the hotel it leads you to the river for some fun splashing and swimming. The hotel was a bit over priced for us even though we booked through priceline, it wasn't worth the money per night.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank elizabeth12285
Plaistow, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed for three nights and enjoyed our visit until the last night. There was a large group of folks who came in and took probably half the units. On the Saturday night at 10:30, they started a party around the fire pit (that was right behind our unit). I wasn't too concerned at first at wrongly assumed it wouldn't last long. I called the office at 1:30 AM and then again at 2:30 AM telling them I was about to pack up and leave. Finally the man (owner?) went out and turned off the outside lights. When that didn't quiet them, he eventually went and spoke to them and the crowd (20-25) broke up. It didn't get quiet until 3 AM and by that time I was to riled up to sleep. In the morning I spoke to the lady in the office and she said "I know, we couldn't get to sleep until 3 AM". Well shouldn't it have been up to them to do something sooner?
We then noticed there are no instructions / rules anywhere to be seen in the unit. I don't think I've ever been where there is no sheet of paper near the door stating check out times or quiet times, etc - never mind emergency (fire) instructions. When I first tried to call the office, there was no instructions on the phone. I couldn't get an outside line, no idea of an extension for the office, etc. I had to use my cell phone, calling information for the number of the motel.
It was a nice unit, clean and updated. Except for the floors. The carpet was sticky and the bathroom floor was just plain dirty.
People were pleasant, one man even rounded up a card table so we could do a jigsaw puzzle. Nice to be able to bring my little dog, but would have been better if I could have left him in the room for enough time to go to a restaurant (couldn't just leave him in the hot car).
Enjoyed our stay at first (ignoring the floors) but the last night ruined our stay. Expected to spend our stay getting rested and relaxed - but went home more exhausted that when we arrived.
I did something I've never done before - I removed the housekeeping tip I had already put in the little envelope and left nothing.
Will no go there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Dottie C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I would come here again! ! We have a little dog and we find it hard to find places that understand that dogs do bark..especially when there are other dogs there ..and then they want you to bring your dog to these parks and what have the dog sit in the hot car..ALSO To the review about its dirty Well the carpets are all new now..I found the owners to be "people" not I am an owner of this hotel! I'm very anal when it comes the being clean. .The rooms where clean I stayed in 2 different ones..why because we had a family emergency when I booked another 2 nights for a different time she only charge for the 1 night since I had paid for the second night Already. .I thought that was awesome considering they didn't have to..and they are 30 year old that work every day all day ..so to me pj bottom or a fancy outfit it's to nice friendly greeting that is worth it. I have no complaints I love the pool..by the way mess around with your wifi stuff it works if you know to restart ect..those things helped me..The only thing I was not found of was the park ..it was a tad nerve racking It is a big boat the wood is really old it could be awesome but it seems put some work in it then this place is great and cheap..and friendly people. .I WOULD COME AGAIN

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Melissa S
Rockport, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed here last night with my husband for the first time. I was worried because I booked it on availability since vacancies were scarce because if bike week and then I read the reviews and thought on no it's going to be a dive. Not the case at all. New carpet, fresh paint, flat screen, microwave and fridge. The best part was being able to relax in the chairs around your own fire surrounded by trees. I wish they served some kind of breakfast. Maybe others have higher standards but there was nothing wrong with this place and we stayed in. #26

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Amy M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bartlett
Bartlett Inn
Attitash Mountain Village
Attitash Mountain Village
#3 of 12 in Bartlett
North Colony Motel and Cottages

Been to Villager Motel? Share your experiences!