I usually check Tripadvisor reviews after a stay at Sky Valley to see what others are saying, and I'm always delighted to see that people's reviews are primarily positive. I've stayed often at Sky Valley, usually a couple times each year, so I know all its quirks and delights.
On the last weekend in July, I stayed for three nights in one of the motel units - one of the few that have not seen much renovation in many years. It was clean, the bed was comfortable, the tiny bathroom has a new shower surround with plenty of places to put soap, shampoo, etc, and to my delight there was an air conditioner in the window. Up until the past few years, I can hardly remember a time staying at Sky Valley when air conditioning was needed at night. I loved seeing the little playground area filled with kids, and watching families have their barbeque dinners at the picnic tables.
I was there last year during the time the cottages were being given face-lifts, and I got to look inside each one, so I was surprised to see the comments from HoldenVermont about Cottage 6. Their description doesn't match what I saw. Sure, it's old, but if it was musty smelly and dirty, you should have commented when you moved in so it could have been cleaned to your satisfaction, and had other issues noted so they could have been taken care of.
I usually stay in one of the apartments, so I know that things at Sky Valley are 'rustic' as I think the website notes. Yes, everything is 'old', having been built in the 40s and 50s - but you don't go there to find plush accommodations and mints on the pillows. People stay there because of the family atmosphere, the affordable accommodations, the grounds, the pool, the river, the mountains.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 19 units spaciously situated on 35 acres fields, forest and Saco river frontage. Traditional motel type units, 2 and 3 bedroom cottages and chalets. Perfect family resort with a low-key atmosphere. 5 acre children's playground, huge pool, a/c in all units, all units way off the main highway. Free continental breakfast during in-season, ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Agoda so you can book your Sky Valley Motel & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sky Valley Motel And Cottages
- Sky Valley Motel & Cottages Hotel Bartlett
- Sky Valley Hotel
- Sky Valley Bartlett
- Sky Valley Motel & Cottages White Mountains/Bartlett, NH