What can I say positive that hasn't already been said? We thoroughly enjoyed our vacation at Sky Valley yet again! We still find it the biggest bang for the buck anywhere in the White Mountains. The addition of the fire pits for the cottages was a fantastic idea and though this year we stayed in the poolside unit (and took advantage of the fireplace with the awesome stone chimney at the front of the property) we heard so many people rave about the fire pit additions when we were sitting by the pool it was obviously a big hit to those in the cottages.
We enjoyed the pool unit and felt it would work great for someone who maybe had walking difficulties since you are right near the breakfast room and the pool and only one small step to get from the driveway to the decking area. We loved the little patio and in the heat it was great to have a place to sit in the shade. Plus what's not to love about being approx. 10 steps their amazing pool?
The king size bed was probably our least favorite thing about the room. It wasn't horrid by any means but it probably is time for an upgrade (or I'm just getting old and picky). Liked having a little area that was dedicated as a kitchen with microwave, coffee maker, and small fridge. Add a counter top and sink and we see the room being a big hit. We made do with washing a few dishes in the sink in the HUGE bathroom but for a longer stay I prefer to be able to cook a bit more which is doable on a grill but washing dishes can be a hassle!
We loved the living room set up and the comfy living room furniture and the AC worked excellent for the few days we needed to run it to sleep. This unit gets sun first thing in the morning and we were very pleased about the quality of the blinds on the windows and the fact they help keep the unit cool.
As other people have stated, if you're looking for 2013 Residence Inn or Holiday Inn this probably isn't the place for you. Not that it's not clean, friendly, and comfortable it's just that Sky Valley's uniqueness is that it's still around 1977 in style with modern amenities like flat screen TV's and WiFi. Think of Sky Valley as a fun and groovy, family road trip in the station wagon kind of a place and you will love it!
We'll keep coming back unless you go all modern and uppity on us!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 19 units spaciously situated on 35 acres fields, forest and Saco river frontage. Traditional motel type units, 2 and 3 bedroom cottages and chalets. Perfect family resort with a low-key atmosphere. 5 acre children's playground, huge pool, a/c in all units, all units way off the main highway. Free continental breakfast during in-season, ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Ebookers so you can book your Sky Valley Motel & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sky Valley Motel & Cottages Hotel Bartlett
- Sky Valley Motel And Cottages
- Sky Valley Hotel
- Sky Valley Bartlett
- Sky Valley Motel & Cottages White Mountains/Bartlett, NH