“Fantastic for breakfast or lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Sunrise Shack

The Sunrise Shack
Ranked #2 of 23 Restaurants in Bartlett
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a 49 seat Breakfast and Lunch Restaurant located on Stanley's Hill in Beautiful Glen NH! "Comfort Food with a Funky Mountain Vibe" Making everything from scratch and serving generous portions, at reasonable prices. At the Shack we try to serve local products when ever possible. Also, we have Beers on tap and in the bottle, a compact offerings of wine, Mimosa's and we are home to the Bloody Sunrise (a Bloody Mary served with Tuckerman's Pale Ale instead of Vodka.
North Conway, New Hampshire
“Fantastic for breakfast or lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

A local favorite, the Sunrise Shack is a gem. They serve breakfast all day and the breakfast specialty is breakfast bowls with a touch of creative items. Homemade breads, homemade potato chips, quality everything. We eat there at least once a week. Prices are very reasonable, especially the children's menu. This little "Shack" (not) has a real chef, not the usual diner 'cook'. Don't be scared off by a full parking lot-- there is a little pub that accounts for a number of cars in the lot. The previous two restaurants in this location went belly up, but the Shack is here to stay!

• Visited April 2014

Bartlett, New Hampshire
“Welcome to the Neighborhood!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

The Shack serves a wonderful breakfast! Staff is great, quick and pay attention to your needs - dropped utensil, more beverage, etc. The patrons move in and out, no hanging around so others can get in and enjoy also. So glad there's a place in Bartlett!!

Visited February 2014
Freedom, New Hampshire
“Our new favorite place for breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Great friendly service, beautiful interior, great food. We came for breakfast twice and thoroughly enjoyed each visit. Since we ate there twice we were able to try different items. The homemade breakfast sausage is truly out of this world. Everything on the plate was delicious. My daughter had the homemade raisin bread which she loved. The next day we had the corned beef hash which is honestly probably the best I have ever had and we shared the Anadama(sp?) French toast. This bread is made of corn meal and molasses and is absolutely wonderful. It comes with a side of pure maple syrup for no extra charge. We will definitely be back.

Scarborough, Tobago
“Delicious breakfast and wonderful service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

We stopped by on our way home from a weekend at Attitash so it was a quiet Monday morning. Place was not crowded and our family of 5 was seated right away. On busier days I imagine we wouldn't be so lucky.

Our waitress was great and super nice to the kids. Coffee was disappointing but I am pretty particular about my coffee. Fortunately I'd already had mine and enjoyed the fresh squeezed juice instead.

The food was great - well prepared and generous servings. I ate every last bite including every scrap of homemade bread from a local bakery.

Silver Lake, New Hampshire
“Small, cold pancakes”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Like other raters, i have driven by this place many times under a number of different owners and names. I recently had the opportunity to stop - never again. The place is small, so there was a wait, which I didn't mind. It was also a Sunday morning, so I expected a wait. I was told 20 minutes, which turned into 40. The gentleman who looked like he was running things, should be better able to estimate wait times. From my perspective he was more interested in his IPad which allowed customers the ability to designate the tip amount on the screen when their check appeared on-screen. I ordered pancakes, and ham with a side of hash browns. After a while, the smallest pancakes I have ever seen showed up along with a slice of ham which must have been cut from a midget pig. The side of hash browns looked like burned potato remnants which had been scraped from the grill. During a long wait for the meal I almost had to wrestle the server to the ground for a coffee refill. This is the same meal at the same price as I pay in NYC, except in Manhattan, the pancakes almost hang over a large plate, butter is on the table (butter was absent at Sunrise), the ham slice looks like it comes from a mature pig, and my coffee cup is refilled every time I turn around. STAY AWAY.

1 Thank Alan M