“Excellent choice in the North Conway Area”

and 1 more site!
North Colony Motel and Cottages
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Bartlett
Reviewed 7 April 2013

We stayed here several times during the winter months as it was close to several ski areas, It is extremely clean with very comfortable beds.It also has flat screen TV's with DVR's, small refrigerator and a microwave.Nancy and Joe are excellent and knowledgeable hosts. We took advantage of their "mid week ski" package which is outstanding. Despite our mid week stay Nancy would always make coffee for us if we asked. We would highly recommend this establishment.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank William L
There are newer reviews for North Colony Motel and Cottages

Reviewed 25 March 2013

Stayed here 2 nights in late March, at the tail end of the ski season. I called on a Sunday morning to make a reservation for that night and following Monday, and was surprised to receive such a low rate. When I arrived later Sunday evening I discovered I was their only customer - certainly the end of ski season! At check-in, I asked about good places to go have breakfast the next morning. Nancy (of Nancy & Joe fame, who own the motel) came around the desk and grabbed two brochures and a map to show me two good close-by choices, one in each direction. She pointed out that the map had a coupon for one of the places. She could have just pointed to the brochures and said look for yourself, but her very helpful attitude impressed me.

The rooms are very large and comfortable; they are all on one level. Rooms come with a small frig and a microwave, and plenty of space. Parking is right by your motel room door - very convenient. The internet is free and fast.

If you're a skier, they are literally right next door to the Bear Peak entrance of Attitash ski area, and only about 20 minutes away from Bretton Woods.

Oh, I ate breakfast this morning at the Glen Junction Family Restaurant, one of Nancy's recommendations, and breakfast was fantastic. I highly recommend the North Colony Motel for terrific value, great rooms & service, and a good location for skiing.

Room Tip: Even though this is right off Rt 302, it was very quiet at night - no road noise whatsoever
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank NH_Joe
Reviewed 12 February 2013

I stayed here with a small group on a budget and was really impressed. This place is so close to Attitash that one guy actually walked back from the ski lodge. We took advantage of their ski and stay package and felt like that was an excellent value. Rooms included a microwave and fridge, and the office has a whole host of excellent freebies, including cold medicine, brownie bites, and hot beverages. Our hosts were very helpful navigating the town as well and helpful with our booking questions. It's nothing fancy on the inside, but I've stayed at 5 star resorts that aren't as clean as this place. Honestly, I have "hotel cleanliness" issues, and was really impressed with this place. Overall, a really nice operation.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ImportedFloridian
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Look, the rating here is based solely on motels that are equivalent in their classification......motels that are privately owned and operated. 25 miles to the north is the Omni Mount Washington Resort, a full service place with full service prices. It's great, but not what we were looking for in the afordability range. Traveled with family (wife and child) for four nights over the MLK weekend. If you are looking for a great, convenient place to slopes (Attitash and Bretton Woods) and summer activities in the area, look no further. The prorprietors of this place cannot be more polite, warm and welcoming. Call the motel to inquire about rates. They vary based on what you want. They get local discounts to the ski areas and package a very affordable deal, despite the holiday. The motel rooms are basic.....in basic we mean basic accomodations. (2) double beds, a few dressers, storage space, a few chairs, bathroom, CATV leading to an outdoor front with an enclosed porch (protection from the cold and elements), plenty of room for a 2 bed hotel.. The rooms are SPOTLESS, the bedding is adequate, the furnishings are New Englandy (sort of a word). The bathrooms are updated with new tiles, floors, fixtures, commode and vanity. Shower was warm and adequate. A real treat given the age of the motel. Clearly a priority for the owners. There are larger accomodations which we did not see, a pool during warmer months and a little playground. Coffee is available in the AM at the office and always a warm friendly hello with plenty of advice on local places to eat, etc. from teh great owners. I would return here any time I visit the area. I would look no further. Highly reccommended.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank We3ski
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Great little motel. Very clean and neat. Great owners that live on the property. With all the choices of motels in the area, this is a great choice. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place to anybody.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2012

A little background first: I am a 40 year old professional woman, I've stayed in more 5 star hotels than I can count, from Hawaii, to Paris, to Cleveland. On this particular trip, I took my 3 year old daughter to Storyland.

The price was the lowest in the Storyland area - especially with the Storyland package (I priced them together and separately). My expectations were not that high, given the price. I was pleasently surprised - stunned really - at how nice this little motel was!

The rooms were very clean. The bathroom looked brand new. I suffer from mild allergies, so if it was musty, I would have known right away. There were very nice amenities that I was not expecting: fridge, microwave, hair dryer, TV with loads of chanels, coffee at tea in the morning... and the playground. The playground is better than any municiple playground I've ever seen.

If you are going to Attitash, the location can't be beat. It is 4 miles from Storyland, which really isn't a big deal (who would walk down the highway? we all drive, so what's an extra minute?).

We ate at the pizza place in Attitash - it was OK. So was the Spaghetti Shed. Both were kid friendly. The BEST food was a little farther north, up Rt 16 (a few miles past Storyland) at the Red Fox in Jackson. We ate dinner there and had a wonderful and HEALTHY breakfast buffet the next morning.

So... I HIGHLY recommend this place. If you do the Storyland deal, you get tickets for one day. Storyland has a deal where you can go at 2:00pm on the first day, and get the whole second day included (just be sure to ask when you enter).

Side note: we had a really lovely day in North Conway too. We took a ride on the Conway Scenic Railway, went to Zeb's Country Store, then the Toy Chest. Beakfast at Pricilla's was great.

This was a really special trip for us. We will remember it for a long, long time.

Thank you, North Colony for warm, comfortable accomidations (and some good advice!)

Room Tip: We stayed in room 10. It was right next to the office. I think the street side is slightly noiseir...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank KellyKelly603
Reviewed 6 September 2012

We took our two small children to New Hampshire for the weekend and wanted to stay close to Story Land. This was definitely the place to stay! Very nice owners, clean comfy rooms and the perfect playground for kids. Great pool too. There is a magnificent view directly across the street of amazing mountains. Absolutely no complaints and I have recommended this motel already.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bartlett
Bartlett Inn
#3 of 12 in Bartlett
Attitash Mountain Village
Attitash Mountain Village
#6 of 12 in Bartlett

Been to North Colony Motel and Cottages? Share your experiences!