“It just seems to keep getting better!”

and 1 more site!
North Colony Motel and Cottages
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Bartlett
Worcester, Massachusetts
“It just seems to keep getting better!”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We were back again this year and stayed for 3 nights to visit Storyland. The place is super clean and has become like a second home to us. The pool was refurbished this year and is better than ever, that and the playground are ideal for the kids, almost didn't have to go to Storyland. Great location and GREAT people that will give very good recommendation for almost anything you want to do. The Holmes Family from Worcester.

Room Tip: I haven't stayed in the cottages but everyone I talked to who stayed in these at N. Colony was v...

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I've been driving around this beautiful country of ours for over 20 years. Coast to coast several times, northern route, southern route, you name it. I've stayed in over 300 hotels nationwide and over 150 Camping / RV parks.

It is rare that I spend any time writing reviews, mainly because most of the places that I've stay didn't warrant a positive review and I generally don't waste my time with negativity and bad reviews.

After moving to New Hampshire, I was looking for a cozy, "clean" place to spend a few peaceful days in the White Mountain of New Hampshire. I did my due diligence, searching Trip Advisor among others. Each review I happened upon had one consistent similarity. "This place is CLEAN!"

Seriously friends, The North Colony Motel & Cottages is in my "Top-5 Cleanest" and "Top-5 Friendliest" hotels that I have EVER stayed in. The proprietors, Joe and Nancy, quickly make any guest feel like they're at home, then they send you off to one of their "Newly Renovated" rooms, which are spotless!

Folks, if you want all the bells and whistles of an overpriced "chain" room, that's fine, than this place is not for you. Every room has a Microwave and a Mini-Fridge along with a flat screen TV and a DVD player (which I happen to love!)

**For those who can't live without a coffee maker next to your bed, sorry!** Personally, the aromas of the fresh coffee brewing on the screened in porch bright on weekend mornings was a welcomed alternative!

All rooms are very reasonably priced and a great value. I've not yet stayed in a cottage, but I have seen them and their very cute! The rooms are cozy, the beds are comfy, the owners are friendly. What else do you need my friends? Seriously...what else??

Thanks for reading my review!

For those wanting all of the amenities and are willing to pay $$$$ for a ⭐⭐ experience, DO NOT stay here!

For those wanting to pay $$ and have a ⭐⭐⭐⭐ experience, than this little gem is for you!

Bottom line:

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Tim M
Quincy, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 22 August 2013

So this was my first time in a motel. My friend had suggested this place as she stayed there last year. I was a little weary..never really knowing what to expect. I was so pleasantly pleased with our experience. The motel was so clean..cleaner than some hotels I have been in. The yard was packed with tree houses and swings, a very clean and warm pool, nice people and pretty convenient to all the places we wanted to see. It was reasonable in price, we got the package to visit Storyland and Santa's Village. We headed to Clarks Trading Post on the last day and they had tickets conveniently located in the office. The owners of the motel, live there as well. They are very nice and accomodating. Fresh coffee and tea in the am. Gave us great directions/short cuts to all the popular places. it was very warm and cozy. We had a lot of kids with us and had not one complaint. Can't say that too often. As a side note, I even saw them cleaning the park benches and wooden swing sets in the morning..place is very very clean and the owners take a lot of pride in it.

Room Tip: Rooms all have little front porches..very cute and quaint.
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We took our two year old daughter for a fun Story land and Santa's Village trip and I think my daughter enjoyed the motel's playground the best! The rooms are very clean and the owners are very nice. The Story Land and Santa's Villages packages are great. We will definitely be back again! If you have kids I would highly recommend staying here.

1 Thank Jackie C
Revere, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 31 July 2013

My husband and two children recently stayed here during our vacation to NH, and we loved it!! The rooms are super clean, including the bathrooms, and they have a great play area for the kids! The owners are super nice, and very helpful. It rained on one of the days we were there, and one of the owners came over and gave me a list of rainy day activities for the kids, which was great. We will definately be staying there again in the future!!

Room Tip: We had a room with 2 double beds and it was perfect for the four of us!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Susan C
Pittsfield, Maine
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel,we have not been home an hour,we felt we had to let everyone know,if u have children this is the best place,ppl are great,hotel is immaculate,huge play area for the kids,and pool,grills,just cant say enough,GREAT PLACE,The Bussey Family,Maine

Room Tip: we had a 2 bed room,next time might try out a cottage
Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank northcolony
Branford, Connecticut
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We wanted a weekend getaway to Storyland with our 2 and 3 year old boys. This motel was listed on the Storyland webpage and I looked at most of their recommended hotels. This one was the best deal, had a great playground for the kids, had a nice pool, and great customer service. I booked my reservation easily, was able to check in a little early, had my Storyland tickets waiting for me at the desk, had coffee by the lobby each morning, and a clean room to sleep in. The air conditioning worked well (it was a hot weekend) and the enclosed porch/pathway in front of our room was great for keeping the bugs out or for sitting outside while the kids went to sleep early. I'd definitely stay here again if traveling thru the area!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bartlett
Bartlett Inn
#2 of 3 in Intervale
Nordic Village Resort
Nordic Village Resort
#4 of 12 in Bartlett

Been to North Colony Motel and Cottages? Share your experiences!