We stayed in a 2 BR, 2 BA condo (unit 2A) at AMV during the Columbus Day holiday weekend with our 3 young children and had a great stay. Based strictly on my family's needs and our experience, I gave it 4 stars because the service at the onsite Matty B's restaurant was very slow (on the 2 consecutive nights we ate there, once was outside on their patio) but the staff were, otherwise, very friendly and helpful. I also gave it 4 stars because of the playground, which I describe further in my review. We found this particular vacation rental through CyberRentals.com and booked directly through the condo owner. The unit we stayed in was located a couple of buildings away from the hospitality center (front desk, indoor swim. pool, game room, restaurant) and across the street from the lifts at Attitash Mt. The underground tunnel from AMV to the lifts was only a few yards from our condo. We spent a day at Attitash Mt. riding their coasters and alpine slides...it was convenient being able to walk (safely) back & forth to the condo for lunch (and naps). The condo is two levels and located on the first floor with a slider to an outdoor patio (facing the ski lifts). The front door is through a main entrance (which faces the parking lot) and remains locked for the 3-4 condo users who share that hallway. Fortunately, we had no issues with noise or disruptions from our neighbors...I don't know if that had to do with the thickness of the walls, the location of the unit, or whether there were even people next to us during our stay. I've included some photos, but you can also check out the condo on the CyberRentals website (the owner's name is Michelle A.). It was professionally cleaned and had the amenities we needed to enjoy our family vacation. The upstairs shower was a bit small for my husband (who's 5'10") but fine for me (5'2"), so he used the 1st floor shower stall which had plenty of room. The couch was a little worn and there was nothing extraordinary about the unit, except for the big flat screen TV in the living room. We also liked the electric woodstove in the living room (that serves as the primary heat for the unit). There's a wall a/c in the queen bedroom but we didn't need to use it. The kitchen worked out well for us with a full stove/oven, dishwasher, full fridge, microwave, and all the pots/pans/bowls/plates/cups/utensils that we needed to eat and cook with...even some soaps/detergents and (paper)towels to get us started. Another useful feature for us was the washer/dryer in the queen bedroom (at the top of the stairs) closet, albeit small, it did the job for us. Also, my kids loved being able to sit on the stools at the kitchen bar and watch TV in the living room at the same time. The place is only approx. 900sf, according to the owners, but allowed the 5 of us to stretch out and relax, especially with the huge second bedroom (with a slider to an outdoor balcony). We were very happy with our vacation rental here. It could use some updating but is maintained well for its age and use. I'm sure these units get alot of use, if not beaten up, during the popular ski season (with messy boots, etc.). There's a sign at the main entrance that asks for skis to be locked up outside, I assume because there's not much space in the condo and it's mostly carpeted. We stayed there during the fall (the weather was beautiful, incidentally) and didn't have any experience with the snow. For the warmer seasons, there's some permanent charcoal grills outside the condo buildings as well as a built-in gas grill under the gazebo at the outdoor swim. pool. The photos don't do it justice, but the outdoor gazebo would be great for us to have a bbq at...there's a sink with running water (to wash dishes or cook with), bathrooms, soda & ice machines, picnic tables, hammocks, a new cabana house (with gas fireplace and indoor restrooms), and the trailhead to the Saco river is behind the gazebo. There's also a small playset next to the outdoor swim. pool but, like another reviewer said, it's not even worth mentioning (it's in the background of one of my pictures)...somewhat embarrassing for such a great family-friendly resort. My children were preoccupied with exploring the rest of the AMV property, that the sad playground was not an issue. Across from the outdoor swim. pool (and separate from the main hospitality building), there's another building that houses the fitness equipment, a lounge/meeting room, indoor hot tub, locker rooms, and more arcade-type games. There was plenty of parking. There are train tracks separating the parking lots at the hospitality building and the area where the fitness building/outdoor swim. pool are. It's a passenger train (not loud and super fast) that has limited operating hours and entertained my 2 year old at each passing. A few miles away (only 5 minutes by car) from AMV is a grocery store, gas station, Storyland, DQ, and other restaurants. In the other direction, we spotted our first moose on the side of the road, very cool. I should also mention that there were some family-friendly activities organized through the AMV, that seemed underutilized by guests, such as candy bar bingo (fun for my kids), hiking for moose, geocaching, etc. Great family vacation, super value, we will be returning!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BECAUSE WHERE YOU STAY SHOULD BE JUST AS MEMORABLE AS WHERE YOU VISIT. Welcome to Attitash Mountain Village Resort, where the views are as endless as the possibilities. We'd like to invite you to experience award-winning accommodations while visiting New Hampshire's North Conway and Mount Washington Valley region. Located at the base of Attitash Ski Resort, Attitash Mountain Village is a four-season destination resort surrounded by towering mountain peaks rising from the banks of the Saco River blanketed by native pine and white birch trees - offering over 350 rooms, suites, townhouses and trailside accommodations. Many units feature kitchens, gas fireplaces, spa tubs and mountain views. Experience on resort hiking, mountain biking, X-C skiing, ice-skating, kayaking and fishing with full access to indoor and outdoor pools, playgrounds, tennis courts, fitness facility with sauna, and indoor/outdoor hot-tubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Attitash Mountain Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Attitash Mountain Village Bartlett
- Attitash Mountain Village White Mountains/Bartlett, NH