“some positives,some negatives”

Attitash Mountain Village
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Bartlett
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Spent a 3 day weekend with our 2 adult kids,location is perfect as you don't need to drive to a ski area.The one bedroom suite was spacious,with a huge second floor suite,We first were given a suite on Blueberry Hill,but because of the ice ,could not get the car up the hill.They were good about changing us to the village side.Why would there be such a big hill in a place where it is cold and icy seems odd.The murphy bed was comfy,but the fold out sofa was not,and they need to put some new linens for the sofa.Also we were charged 46 dollars for housekeeping,but no one ever came to our room to housekeep.I asked why and was told that because we only stayed 3 nights, that they needed to make up the room for the next renter.It seems that they are trying to squeeze money out of thr renters as we already paid for the room.

Room Tip: Try to avoid driving up the hill during winter months
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Went there with my family for a winter vacation. The area is in a good location. The night we got there, the weather was very weird, so there was a lot of freezing rain. So trying to get in to the main building to check in was tricky without falling down. The check in was quick. Prior to getting there we call to see if they had a pack and play, which they don't. found that little odd since it has a lot of family vacationing. We stayed in a studio unit in the Stanton building. Again there was some issues with the walkaway to the building due to ice and frozen rain. The hallway was a bit dingy, but the unit itself was nice enough. They had a murphy bed with a pull out couch (which was not comfortable).Has a large TV, gas fireplace, laundry, full kitchen with dishwasher, and bathroom with jet tub. The furnishing is very typical of timeshare. Only thing about the kitchen was that there was no baking pans, and I really wanted to make brownies. There is a free wireless which I really didn't have too much issue with. The room was quite (even though there was bunch of 'partiers' in the building). Used the swimming pool couple time and my daughter had a great time. Tried the restaurant couple times, they have decent salads. We rented movies from the front desk. My husband and daughter also tried snow shoeing which was free to rent. We didn't ski because we had to leave early unexpectantly.
The place was great for what I paid for. Felt like there were tons of things for us to do. Hopefully we will return oneday.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Let's start with the positive - it's right across the street from Attitash. That's it.

Facilities are old, dated, and in various states of disrepair. Let's start with the rooms. I stayed in two different rooms, the first in building 10, the second in Parker House. The room in building 10 had an old couch, a very uncomfortable bed (hard), threadbare towels and an inefficient heating system that made the room either boiling hot or freezing. Parker house was just as bad. Old decor (wallpaper), worn carpet and linens, a poorly stocked kitchen and the same towels I found in building 10. WiFi? Non-existent. The entire property shares a connection over just a few WiFi servers - they don't even have one in each building.

The indoor gym is well equipped, but 2 pieces were out of order and in need of repair. There is no ventilation, it is humid, musty, and you can find mildew if you look. The small indoor spa in the same building was cloudy, which means I won't go in it. I don't like to participate in human science experiments.

In the main building, where you check in, is the indoor pool and outdoor hot tub. The room the pool is in is almost intolerable due to the extremely high levels of chlorine. I understand with all of the children that use the pool that they have to keep the chemical levels high, but this was out of control - we couldn't stay for any length of time. My nieces swam for a time and came out of the pool with bloodshot and stinging eyes.

Also in this building is Matty B's - the only "restaurant" on the property. To say that Matty B's is terrible doesn't even scratch the surface. Don't get me wrong, it's great for a beer after hitting the slopes, but do not eat here. Wings are soggy and gross, pizzas greasy and gross, and the burgers, well, those were just gross too. The beer however was cold and they have local brews on tap.

The employees at AMV leave a bit to be desired. We arrived early, around 2pm, which is about 2 hours before check in. I asked the woman at the desk, considering that we were traveling with small children, if she could check us in. She told me "the room isn't ready yet. we have 300 rooms and we cannot garantee an early check-in." Fair enough. So, we took a ride by Parker house to see if they were at least cleaning the place. To my surprise, the room was already clean! The man seated in the truck out front, an AMV employee, told me they cleaning crew had finished a couple of hours ago and that he had inspected the room an hour ago. So, back I go to the front desk, where I'm met with the same response from the same woman - plus an attitude for asking to check in again. I waited 20 minutes, and then went back when a new agent was on duty - he immediately gave me the keys. Enough said.

After our stay I filled out the survey in much the same way I'm writing this review. I received an email from the "Assistant to the Chief Operating Officer" telling me how dedicated they are to their facilities and service level. She said someone would follow up with me in a few days. 10 days later... NO FOLLOW UP! Am I shocked? Nope. And it tells me all I need to know about their commitment to improving. Save your money, there are much more cost effective and modern properties in the Mt. Washington Valley.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Michael M
Reviewed 24 January 2014

This is our second visit to Attitash. The location as mentioned in my last review is wonderful. This time we stayed at Straton House compared to Blueberry village last time. It was extremely outdated. The gas stove, appliances were so old. Definitely needs a remodel. Blueberry village on the other hand is very modern and very nice. Please do not stay in Straton House. It is also far from the hospitality building and ski area. We had to drive to all the amenities.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank bebo23
Frank G, Manager at Attitash Mountain Village, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear that your stay with us at Attitash Mountain Village did not meet your expectations, nor live up to the level of expectation you had experienced while staying with us back in December. Did you express your concerns to our guest services and front desk staff after entering your accommodations? For it is our commitment to ensure your stay with us at Attitash Mountain Village is just as memorable as your visit to the region. For our awarded front desk and guest services agents would have taken every measure possible to address and resolve your concerns.

Please be assured that your comments are currently under review with our management team to address the issues you have shared regarding your experience while staying with us. Please do not hesitate to contact Attitash Mountain Village’s Hospitality Manager directly at 603.374.6500.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

My fiance and I went to the Attitash Village for a business trip. The entire Attitash resort felt like a Christmas village (which was perfect because we stayed here the week before Christmas). It was cozy and comfortable with an amazing staff. They were very nice and very helpful in explaining things going on around us and inside the resort itself. We walked into the room (very private, I might add) and our breath was taken away. The tall ceilings, fire place, large Jacuzzi tub, private balcony (with a beautiful mountain view), amazing bed and comfortable bathroom were just everything you could ask for. The towels were just amazing (that's a big factor for me, when I want to get into a Jacuzzi I need the whole 9!), and the soaps even smelled good! The room was just simply amazing all in all. We felt so comfortable there and were so relaxed. There was SO MUCH to do there with the arcade, ice rink, movies to rent and more that we didn't even have time to do it all. The ONLY bad thing about the resort was Matty B's restaurant in the Inn itself. We ordered food 3 times during our stay and EVERY time we ordered something from them the order would be messed up. The food wasn't very good and not only that but they just didn't listen to our order. Other than that an amazing stay, but we will be ordering food from somewhere else for our convenience.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Renee G
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Stayed here for a week. The staff is very friendly, there are plenty of activities in the area, and they have taken care of most of things that one uses on vacations. It rained one day and we couldn't ski but the activities desk had snow shoes and it was a great family adventure. We loved it so much we did it everyday. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Terrific hotel ! Bought a timeshare after the first day ! Lifers for sure :) gorgeous views ,plenty of activities ,along with beautiful timeshare buildings ! Would recommend to anyone ! Staff is terrific also ! Actually made a few great friends out of a few employees ! A+++ in my book

• Stayed: December 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bartlett
Lodge at Jackson Village
Attitash Grand Summit Hotel
Nordic Village Resort
Nordic Village Resort
#4 of 12 in Bartlett

Been to Attitash Mountain Village? Share your experiences!