“Tent-camping good for families”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bath
Twin River Campground and Cottages
Massachusetts
“Tent-camping good for families”
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We spent 3 nights here with our 7,9, & 11 year old children. They loved skipping stones in the river, playing mini golf and shuffleboard, and panning for gold. We also spent an afternoon tubing down the river which was fun but pretty challenging near the end, especially for the young kids getting out on the rocks. The family that runs it is extremely friendly and helpful, often going above and beyond for guests.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank hebbajo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
morris,ny
Reviewed 28 July 2010

Our family had planned another camping trip together,as we did in 2009 & had some great quality time together. There was to be sons, daughters, grandchildren & greatgrand children & a few pets. Well the money grunch took a bite out of us & the trip needed to be canceled. WELL, apparently there is NO CANCELATION POLICY according to one of the owners, contrary to what their web site states. Not only do they not adhere to their own policy, they lack basic business professionalism, have little if any people skills & are just plain RUDE. The property location is beautiful & peaceful. But, we will never go there again. REMEMBER, this is all over a $70.00 deposit. How dumb!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank goldie5978
moultonboro
Reviewed 26 July 2010

Have stayed here before ( Last June ) . Planned another larger trip for this year ( Aug 20th ). Based upon the current economic situation in this country , we needed to cancel our plans, ( a week plus 7-26 ) , before our arrival date . We are now being charged $ 70.00 for cancelling . What angers and upsets me more than the $70 charge , is the attitude of Sandy , ( I believe she is the owner ) on the message she left and then the phone conversation we had . It was a matter of fact attitude , did not care to listen to me at all !!!!!! When I commented on their cancellation policy , she said " It does not matter , we are going to charge your card !! "
We had a nice time when we stayed , but I will never go there again !!!!! I refuse to be treated this way , especially when I was following their printed policy !!
My advice to you is , do not make a reservation unless you are sure you can commit !!
Sandy , I hope you resolve whatever problem is consuming you ! I am also a business owner !!
Gary and Charlene
Center Harbor NH

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank gstryker
Huntington Station, New York
Reviewed 23 October 2009

I went to Twin Rivers Campground and Cottages in July 2009 for a week with my boyfriend and his family. We chose a tent site and they stayed in the RV grounds. The staff was absolutely wonderful. It is family run and they are nicest people in the world and will totally go out of their way for you to make the stay enjoyable and safe. We were traveling with seniors, ourselves and children ( 9 and 12) and no one was bored at all there was always something to do. The heated pool was kept immaculate and clean and I was quite impressed. The mini golf course was alot of fun and there was always someone to socialize with at the campgrounds. They have a general store that supplies everything you need from toiletries to gold paning stuff to use on the river. The arcade room was a great place for the kids and we felt very safe and secure as the staff is always looking out for you. They have a great laundromat there for washing clothes and shower/bathroom facilities were kept very clean. A little tip we used the shower and toilets by the tent sites and they were walk in showers and very roomy and not crowded at all (they were new). The river across the street was amazing. On one side we paned for gold, although we did drive up the road and find our own spot AND WE FOUND GOLD!! The other side was for river tubing which was one of the most fun things I have ever done. We attached our tubes together with a six foot rope and we were off. Get on after one waterfall, get off before the next! We also went to the Bath General Store and the "rat trap cheese" is the best and you can order gift baskets for holidays. Scott who works there was so nice and friendly and always had a smile when serving us ice cream or hot dogs or burgers from their very own stand! It was in a good location for exploring and doing other things also. We went to Lost River Gorge and Caves and we loved it so much we went twice!! The other main attractions are on high way 93 which is a little bit of a drive but we didn't care we loved the grounds and had a blast!! I highly recommend them to anyone interested in going to Bath and everything was kept immaculate and clean. Also another tip if you have AAA you get a 10% discount off your stay. They treat you like family there and don't forget to go to the luau party the food was really good..When you get the map off the webpage it looks really huge but everything is within a five minute walk from the check in point. Beautiful campground, very clean and well run..You guys are awesome!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank Stephanie D

Been to Twin River Campground and Cottages? Share your experiences!