Twin River Campground and Cottages
US$119
US$173
US$143
ComfortInn
All reviewsgold panningpan for goldwhite mountainsbrick storegamecabindennisatv
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Not featured on the website is the fact that route 302 looms large along 1 side of the campground, with giant power lines in view. We stayed in cottage number 5, which is about 50 feet from the highway and 50 feet from the owners' home, with no trees. Sitting on the porch feels like sitting onstage. Beds were hand built plywood with cheap mattresses and cheaper sheets that smelled funny. The complimentary soap was swiped from one of their vacations in about 1983 and crumbled upon opening. Silverware and dishes were visibly dirty.
The couple who owns the place are night & day: You see him working hard all over the grounds. His demeanor is quiet but clearly friendly. She ranges from gruff to downright nasty, and mostly you can just see the shape of her inside their screen porch.
the grounds are pretty well cared for, but the place seems to be a hit with smokers, so they've got little butt cans all over that don't seem to ever be emptied. There was also a planter at the entrance to the playground filled with soda cans and butts. Yuck.
So, like some other reviews, our big problem came when we asked about leaving a day early. Sandy (the wife) started with, "We don't do that!" and told us to read the signs. She was obviously ready for a fight and I was just about to walk away in acceptance of her answer, when my husband tried another angle, telling her that I'd been sick, which I had. "Oh, I don't think so!!" bellowed Sandy. It went downhill from there...ending with both our kids in tears and begging to go home.

Room Tip: Might be okay for tent camping...just avoid Sandy!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank happyperson_10
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We spent 3 nights here with our 7,9, & 11 year old children. They loved skipping stones in the river, playing mini golf and shuffleboard, and panning for gold. We also spent an afternoon tubing down the river which was fun but pretty challenging near the end, especially for the young kids getting out on the rocks. The family that runs it is extremely friendly and helpful, often going above and beyond for guests.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank hebbajo
Reviewed 28 July 2010

Our family had planned another camping trip together,as we did in 2009 & had some great quality time together. There was to be sons, daughters, grandchildren & greatgrand children & a few pets. Well the money grunch took a bite out of us & the trip needed to be canceled. WELL, apparently there is NO CANCELATION POLICY according to one of the owners, contrary to what their web site states. Not only do they not adhere to their own policy, they lack basic business professionalism, have little if any people skills & are just plain RUDE. The property location is beautiful & peaceful. But, we will never go there again. REMEMBER, this is all over a $70.00 deposit. How dumb!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank goldie5978
Reviewed 26 July 2010

Have stayed here before ( Last June ) . Planned another larger trip for this year ( Aug 20th ). Based upon the current economic situation in this country , we needed to cancel our plans, ( a week plus 7-26 ) , before our arrival date . We are now being charged $ 70.00 for cancelling . What angers and upsets me more than the $70 charge , is the attitude of Sandy , ( I believe she is the owner ) on the message she left and then the phone conversation we had . It was a matter of fact attitude , did not care to listen to me at all !!!!!! When I commented on their cancellation policy , she said " It does not matter , we are going to charge your card !! "
We had a nice time when we stayed , but I will never go there again !!!!! I refuse to be treated this way , especially when I was following their printed policy !!
My advice to you is , do not make a reservation unless you are sure you can commit !!
Sandy , I hope you resolve whatever problem is consuming you ! I am also a business owner !!
Gary and Charlene
Center Harbor NH

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank gstryker
Reviewed 23 October 2009

I went to Twin Rivers Campground and Cottages in July 2009 for a week with my boyfriend and his family. We chose a tent site and they stayed in the RV grounds. The staff was absolutely wonderful. It is family run and they are nicest people in the world and will totally go out of their way for you to make the stay enjoyable and safe. We were traveling with seniors, ourselves and children ( 9 and 12) and no one was bored at all there was always something to do. The heated pool was kept immaculate and clean and I was quite impressed. The mini golf course was alot of fun and there was always someone to socialize with at the campgrounds. They have a general store that supplies everything you need from toiletries to gold paning stuff to use on the river. The arcade room was a great place for the kids and we felt very safe and secure as the staff is always looking out for you. They have a great laundromat there for washing clothes and shower/bathroom facilities were kept very clean. A little tip we used the shower and toilets by the tent sites and they were walk in showers and very roomy and not crowded at all (they were new). The river across the street was amazing. On one side we paned for gold, although we did drive up the road and find our own spot AND WE FOUND GOLD!! The other side was for river tubing which was one of the most fun things I have ever done. We attached our tubes together with a six foot rope and we were off. Get on after one waterfall, get off before the next! We also went to the Bath General Store and the "rat trap cheese" is the best and you can order gift baskets for holidays. Scott who works there was so nice and friendly and always had a smile when serving us ice cream or hot dogs or burgers from their very own stand! It was in a good location for exploring and doing other things also. We went to Lost River Gorge and Caves and we loved it so much we went twice!! The other main attractions are on high way 93 which is a little bit of a drive but we didn't care we loved the grounds and had a blast!! I highly recommend them to anyone interested in going to Bath and everything was kept immaculate and clean. Also another tip if you have AAA you get a 10% discount off your stay. They treat you like family there and don't forget to go to the luau party the food was really good..When you get the map off the webpage it looks really huge but everything is within a five minute walk from the check in point. Beautiful campground, very clean and well run..You guys are awesome!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family