“Nice time, clean, friendly and helpful”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bath
Twin River Campground and Cottages
Brick, New Jersey
“Nice time, clean, friendly and helpful”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed on the river side. People friendly, clean site sand bathrooms kids and adults all seems to enjoy the ice cream social. Kids riding bikes, Quad trails are right there. We will go back this summer. Meet some wonderful people who we have been keeping in touch with.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Mindy M

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Campground is in a field with no trees right next to the highway 302. They are not kid friendly. We went with a group of 6 campers with 12 children ranging from 5 to 19. Children got yelled at for everything. Do Not Jump In Pool, they will yell in front of everyone! Kids were told not to ride bikes in front of store. When confronting owner, reply was "we're not use to that many kids". 4 wheeling trails were railroad beds - 7 miles one way, 17 the other way. I do have to say Scott is the nicest one to talk to. This campground will not be a repeat.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank 5traveler2868
Newburyport, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Twin Rivers is a small family run campground located in a very rural location on the NH/VT border. As you can imagine the economy in this part of the state isn't exactly booming. The campground shows signs of this hardship. For the most part reading other reviews they have a dedicated following which I would say keeps them in operation. We picked this as part of our vacation for the ability to give gold panning a try. It was well worth it because of the time we spent as a family and the help of some of the staff taking the time to teach us how to pan. You can take my word for it there is gold here. Trying to keep this review in line with why you are reading it I want to be honest about the conditions. If you are looking for something up to KOA standards you won't find it here. You will find a very country type setting with lots of things to do off of RT 112. The local community is very low income and you might find yourself as I did donating to the local food bank. You can link up to the campgrounds WiFi but to get a cell signal (Verizon) you would need to go about 3.5 miles down the road on RT 302. There is a Level III medical facility not far from the campground which is a good thing to know when your traveling in this part of the state as well. I will post some pictures that address some of the other reviewers concerns (i.e. close to roadway, power lines, etc) these are good things to know before hand. We stayed in a double cabin along the river and it was awesome. However, if I had chosen anywhere else on the grounds I would have been disappointed. Reading some of the other reviews about the bathrooms being spotless, well I guess that all depends on what you consider spotless. Those things don't bother us because we clean up before and after we use anything that is public, but again its something you should know before going. I've learned that ratings on TA can be misleading and either posted by members of the organization or dedicated consumers who have had too much of the owners cool aid... The pictures here presented a pretty good picture before we went and I'll post some here as well. The camp store prices for ice and wood a far better than going down the road to Wal-Mart. They have ice cream and drinks as well in the store.. heck they have a lot of things in that little store. We really only interacted with the son of the owners he was extremely kind to my wife and children and that always goes a long way with me. We had one encounter with the owner since my son decided to jump in the pool which was a little odd that he came over and yelled at us, but other than that you just see him zooming around in his golf cart smiling and waving. So DO NOT JUMP INTO THE POOL :) If you are like us and look for grounds with cabins you'll like this place. Make sure you get by the river.... sure the bugs are bad but come prepared for it. Bugs are bad this year everywhere. I can't give this place a 5 rating because to me that would be the ultimate campground and this is not. It is what it is... A good place to get away from the city life.....

Room Tip: Ask for cabin 5 along the river!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Mack01950
Suffield, Connecticut
Reviewed 4 November 2012

I have been coming here with my family every Memorial Day weekend for the last ten years. We rent cottages 4 and 5 and they easily accommodate 8-10 of us. There is a fee for extra people per night per person but it's worth it to spend quality time with family. There is minimal cell service and we only turn the TV on to watch the Red Sox game and have it on in the background as we are cooking. It is a relaxing place and close by are great fishing spots. We cook on the open fire pit and eat our fresh caught fish and meat bought at the nearby Shaw's. It is true that the campground is located at the junction of 302 and 112 but it is so quiet you easily forget it. There are also power lines but they are not obstructing views of anything.

The cottages are clean, they provide a broom and dust pan so we clean up the mess we make. We also wash our own dishes so if there are dirty spots like a previous reviewer mentioned, you can clean them yourself. The beds are not the softest but I'm usually so tired from being out in the fresh air that I sleep very well. This is not a 5 star hotel, it is a campground so don't expect all the amenities you get from a hotel. Sandy has never been anything but nice to us and she works just as hard as everyone else does to ensure her guests are having a good time. She is not always sitting behind the porch screen, as another reviewer suggested. That is also their home and they are working 12 hours per day so if they come in and out for food, let them, I say.

This is a family run establishment so you can see how hard the family is working to ensure you have a great stay. They do a lot of activities for the kids. Scott, one of the sons, is always thinking of ways to involve the kids, from flashlight candy hunts and crafts, to candy bingo and ice cream socials. They have recently added a burger/ice cream stand next to the mini golf course, with Giffords Ice Cream, so good!

There are tree lined tent sites up the hill and water front tent sites and basic cabins next to the Ammonoosuc. You can swim in the river, pan for gold and go tubing. I cannon speak to the trailer sites as I have never stayed in one but year after year we see the same families so they have to be ok. There is a heated pool that the husband, Dennis, cleans daily. All in all, this is a great, family run place that has a lot of families that return year after year to slow down and enjoy being up north. You get from a vacation what you put into it.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Nicole G
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Stayed this past weekend and was totally happy with our stay :-) sandy was great shower room was spotless as was the whole campground!!!! Already planning our next stay for may and bringing friends with us !!!

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Jessm1978
Bedford, New Hampshire
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We had no problems finding the campground although the directions took us on some really steep/hilly roads. The view of the campground from the road is really open - you can see almost every part of the campground. The facility itself is older and a bit worn. There are 3 RV/trailer areas spread out in a rectangular shape. The area to the right is a u shape with an open field in the middle. The area on the left is also a u shape but there are camping spots in the middle. The center area is small as it sits at the back of the main office, pool and playground area. The tenting area is further in the back surrounded by woods.

Our site was in the middle section. It was at the end of the only row so we had neighbors on one side. The site was grassy and flat. Once the awing was open we still had enough space for a fire pit before the edge of the next site. Our trailer is 35’ long and although we had to park the truck perpendicular to the trailer to fit on the site, we still had plenty of space. We had water and electric, no sewer or cable, but there are full hook-ups available on other sites.

A nice feature of our site was that we could see the playground/basketball court. We were also very close to the pool, bathrooms and rec hall. The pool area was basic and clean but a bit worn. The paint was chipped in the zero-entry kiddy pool. The water temp was comfortable for the beginning of August. The bathrooms near the pool were okay. I’ve been in ones at other campgrounds that are nicer. They were clean but they just didn’t shine as well since they are older. There was also water on the floors from the showers. We used the pool, basketball court, tetherball area, playground and the miniature golf course. We didn’t go tubing as the river was a bit low from the lack of rain.

My favorite part about Twin Rivers Campground is its location in Bath, NH. We were able to pan for gold in the Ammonoosuc River, visit The Brick Store, an old general store from 1790 and swim at a quintessential New England swimming hole with multiple waterfalls under a covered bridge. While the campground is basic, I would definitely stay there again to visit the area.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Gloucester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Its funny when reading some of these reviews from others who have stayed at twin rivers.Read the contract first and if you break it then pay and shut up !!Power lines !! Ya up the street and not in view of the camp grounds ! My wife and our 2 sons stayed in cabin 5 and it was great.Beds were comfortable and sheets were clean.The cabin was very nice and clean.We cooked and had a great stay there .Sandy and her husband were both very pleasent and helpful.We went there to go atving and you couldnt have asked for more since the trail started right across the street.Everything you need is within 2 miles from the campground.I wanted to stay longer but they were sold out for the long weekend.If your paying 300.00 @ night the you should expect alot more but twinn rivers prices are very fair for being able to stay at a lovely place.Complain about something that is true not about B,S lies because you cant read policys or you wroke up on the wrong side of the bed .If you have kids and want to enjoy nature and smell clean air then spend some time there with Sandy and her husband !

Room Tip: Get a cabin and enjoy.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Emo v

Been to Twin River Campground and Cottages? Share your experiences!