“Awesome weekend!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bath
Twin River Campground and Cottages
“Awesome weekend!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Just returned from my fourth trip to Twin River Campground. Clearly I enjoy my time there! The campground has so much to offer. There is a river to tube down with very reasonable rates to rent the tube and get shuttled up to the launch. There is a river to pan gold in (for real). The first time I went to the campground I thought it was a hoax! While panning for gold in the river we met Judy- she works for the campground and is always so nice and helpful. I didn't know anything about panning for gold but she took the time to explain the process from start to finish! The campground also has a nice big salt water pool- so refreshing after a day in the river. They also have a game room, playground and mini golf course for kids. Our sites were across the street along the river. Very private and spacious. We choose the sites without electricity because the view of the river is so beautiful it is worth going without electricity.

Some of the sites are in the middle of a field- if that is not your thing- just make sure you mention that when you book your stay!

The facilities are very nice and are also very clean. The camp store is very well stocked- one of the better camp stores that I have been in.

Thank you Twin River and Judy for another great experience!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Sarah D

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Central MA
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Twin River Campground is a family-operated campground with tent sites, hook-up sites (not THAT kind ...), small cottages, and RV sites. I used a simple tent site without hook-ups and it was decently-sized and private enough. There is wi-fi in the campground (spotty in places) and you probably won't have any cell phone service. Heated pool (nicely kept), game room, horseshoes, 18-hole mini golf, fossil and gemstone panning for the kids. The weekend I was there included scheduled optional activities: a potluck dinner, ice cream social, etc.. Good activities for families with kids.

The camp store is pretty extensive, holding souvenirs, camp-related necessities, food, knick-knacks and gold prospecting supplies. More inventory than the usual camp store, and prices were reasonable. Staff was friendly, if a tad bit odd.

The bathrooms, which are among the top priorities for me at a campground, were very clean. It was obvious that they were tended-to several times a day. The shower had a low-pressure shower head, but the hot water was plentiful for the longer shower that a low-pressure shower head requires.

One downside is traffic noise from the intersection at which the camp is located. My site was located about as far away from the roads as you could get at the campground, but I still easily heard the trucks and motorcycles vrooming their engines. You knew you weren't really in the woods, but the extra "city" noise didn't prevent me from sleeping - or enjoying my stay.

To clarify from earlier reviews: The main campground is across the street from the Wild Am River. There is a smaller area on the river side that has additional tent, hook-up, cottage and RV sites. I would think the road noise would be less over there, being "drowned" out by the sounds of the river.

All-in-all a solid campground nestled just west of the White Mountains National Park. If I have a hankering to explore that neck of the woods again -- or to find more gold in the Wild Am -- then I will stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank kennorthrup
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I have read many of the reviews and since I have camped here as a seasonal for 3 years want to give my views. We love it here, the grass is green, there are shade areas and sun areas. The pool is a great size for the campground and heated so being a bit up north we can use it for a longer season. Our rivers have great tubing and gold panning and fishing. The area abounds with lakes and streams for trout fishing and we have enjoyed many a rainbow dinner. The owners are always helpful, often going out of their way to help us out when we have a problem with our camper or other need. Scott their son is fun and always up for tubing, he has a load of knowledge about the area and where to find activities or eating or shopping places. He digs in when you want to do something on your site and has always been great. We stayed in one of the cabins this last winter (which usually aren't open) for two weeks and had the best winter time having always wondered what it was like up here in the winter. The cabin was clean, the dishes were clean, the bathroom was spotless. This is a campground and the owners have made many improvements over the years but a campground is a campground. We have many children as summer seasonal residents who thrive here and love it and many visitors who love it here. Everyone I have met is friendly. Dogs are welcomed and I personally
camp with two cats also. There are rules and let me tell you I have been where there aren't and it stinks, give me a well groomed, fair ruled place any time over uncontrolled people who think they can rip up bathrooms and tear up grounds and because it's a campground anything goes. You will love your stay here if you don't mind fun days and restful nights with lots of places to visit, They have sites for almost anyone's needs. Great camping!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Stephanie S
Marshfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We came to this place for a girls camping trip. The location was pretty! The sounds of the river were a great asset to the peaceful setting! We used the swimming pool, mini golf, shower & bathroom facilities and panned for gold. First, the grounds & our site were well manicured and clean. Second, for a public pool, ( salt water and heated), it was SO sparkling Clean and maintained very well! The bathrooms & showers were very clean for a public facility, especially for a camp ground! The staff was very friendly to us, so I don't understand the negative reviews from other visitors?? We loved Judy who showed us how to pan for gold, we nicknamed her "Nice Judy" lol, she was awesome!
Some of my thoughts after reading previous reviews....YES, there are RULES to the campground! For example, no kids (of a certain age) allowed in the pool without adults & no diving/jumping in...and I saw the man who runs the place enforce it while I was at the pool....he wasn't mean about it....but, if you are a parent, you should understand this and watch your kids?? and if you own this business, you need to ensure safety of your guests and your business. Second, by following those pretty easy rules, it keeps the place nice, clean & SAFE for everyone! Also, you can't speed around or ATV around the sites....who doesn't understand that? Also, you gotta tone it down after 10pm - no big deal, there are families and it is kid friendly after all.
To the person who says this place isn't "kid friendly" ....seriously? They had a game room, a kiddie splash pad, a play ground, mini golf and had kids activities like ceramic painting & an ice cream social.....how is that not "kid friendly"?? We actually thought we should come back next time WITH our kids! Now, as far as the layout....it isn't totally "wooded" everywhere, if you want more woods or privacy, I would ask them for that type of spot......or go somewhere else where it's MORE wooded, like in the woods without all the added benefits of pool, activities etc.
We are totally satisfied with everything this place had to offer, the cleanliness, the friendliness, the staff and Yes, the rules! No one bothered us at all, in fact, they were very helpful if anything.

Also, as an FYI...we are smokers, and (finally) out of respect for smokers they DO have cans to put the butts out in (which prevents ciggies all over the ground right?) but no, you can't smoke indoors, and we respected that also - clearly the other guests did too because the grounds, bathroom and indoor areas were clean of any smoke and butts on the ground. I didn't see the cans overflowing or anything??

So Thank you for a great experience Twin Rivers (and Nice Judy) we hope to see you again in the future!
The 4 girls from Massachusetts (you know which site we were at!) ;)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank MarciStoneGoldman
Brick, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed on the river side. People friendly, clean site sand bathrooms kids and adults all seems to enjoy the ice cream social. Kids riding bikes, Quad trails are right there. We will go back this summer. Meet some wonderful people who we have been keeping in touch with.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Mindy M
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Campground is in a field with no trees right next to the highway 302. They are not kid friendly. We went with a group of 6 campers with 12 children ranging from 5 to 19. Children got yelled at for everything. Do Not Jump In Pool, they will yell in front of everyone! Kids were told not to ride bikes in front of store. When confronting owner, reply was "we're not use to that many kids". 4 wheeling trails were railroad beds - 7 miles one way, 17 the other way. I do have to say Scott is the nicest one to talk to. This campground will not be a repeat.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank 5traveler2868
Newburyport, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Twin Rivers is a small family run campground located in a very rural location on the NH/VT border. As you can imagine the economy in this part of the state isn't exactly booming. The campground shows signs of this hardship. For the most part reading other reviews they have a dedicated following which I would say keeps them in operation. We picked this as part of our vacation for the ability to give gold panning a try. It was well worth it because of the time we spent as a family and the help of some of the staff taking the time to teach us how to pan. You can take my word for it there is gold here. Trying to keep this review in line with why you are reading it I want to be honest about the conditions. If you are looking for something up to KOA standards you won't find it here. You will find a very country type setting with lots of things to do off of RT 112. The local community is very low income and you might find yourself as I did donating to the local food bank. You can link up to the campgrounds WiFi but to get a cell signal (Verizon) you would need to go about 3.5 miles down the road on RT 302. There is a Level III medical facility not far from the campground which is a good thing to know when your traveling in this part of the state as well. I will post some pictures that address some of the other reviewers concerns (i.e. close to roadway, power lines, etc) these are good things to know before hand. We stayed in a double cabin along the river and it was awesome. However, if I had chosen anywhere else on the grounds I would have been disappointed. Reading some of the other reviews about the bathrooms being spotless, well I guess that all depends on what you consider spotless. Those things don't bother us because we clean up before and after we use anything that is public, but again its something you should know before going. I've learned that ratings on TA can be misleading and either posted by members of the organization or dedicated consumers who have had too much of the owners cool aid... The pictures here presented a pretty good picture before we went and I'll post some here as well. The camp store prices for ice and wood a far better than going down the road to Wal-Mart. They have ice cream and drinks as well in the store.. heck they have a lot of things in that little store. We really only interacted with the son of the owners he was extremely kind to my wife and children and that always goes a long way with me. We had one encounter with the owner since my son decided to jump in the pool which was a little odd that he came over and yelled at us, but other than that you just see him zooming around in his golf cart smiling and waving. So DO NOT JUMP INTO THE POOL :) If you are like us and look for grounds with cabins you'll like this place. Make sure you get by the river.... sure the bugs are bad but come prepared for it. Bugs are bad this year everywhere. I can't give this place a 5 rating because to me that would be the ultimate campground and this is not. It is what it is... A good place to get away from the city life.....

Room Tip: Ask for cabin 5 along the river!