“Wish I could have stayed longer!”

Bedford Village Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Bedford
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Lovely inn convenient to Manchester NH. Just stayed one night on a business trip. Very friendly staff. Great room with lots of room and comfortable furnishings. Didn't have time to take a whirlpool bath.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank drj17011

Reviewed 7 March 2012

I usually stay at chain hotels when I travel on Business, however I had the luxury of staying at the Bedford Village Inn this time. I must say, I was very impressed! I stayed two nights in a Luxury Suite, had the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on! You can definately tell the Owner takes pride in his property! First day consisted of meetings. The food was excellent, very impressed, especially for a 50+ person function! The staff was very efficient and always on their toes to accomodate us. The second day, I was able to enjoy a burger in the Tavern. EXCELLENT, perfectly cooked and the fries were crispy and seasoned. I definately plan on bringing my wife here, looking forward to the return. My secretary is also well aware that I will not stay anywhere else if I am in the area!

Room Tip: I stayed in the "Standard" Luxury, definately not standard!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Doug B
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We spent the night at the Bedford Village Inn. It was our 5th time staying there. As ususal, it did not disappoint. We started with a cocktail in the tavern. The BVI signature gin and tonic with it's gin infused with pepper and tarragon is delicous. Then we walked over to the Inn for a complementary wine and cheese reception. At 6:30, we went to our room to get ready for dinner. After a relaxing jacuzzi, we went to dinner at 7:30. We were seated upstairs in the oak paneled dining room next to the fireplace. Dinner was outstanding! I had the filet mignon which was cooked to perfection. The trio of desserts were all delicious! It was a wonderful, relaxed, scrumptious meal. Breakfast the next morning was also delicious. The hardest part was choosing which to choose. My husband had the hash and eggs, while I got the poached eggs over smoked salmon and potato pancakes. The whole stay was perfect!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lfortin16
Reviewed 9 February 2012

We recently stayed in the Gordon Suite (separate bedroom, bathroom with jacuzzi, living room and mini kitchen). For the money (about $240) this room was well worth the price. Something this big with this much to offer would be twice that price in nearby Boston.

We ate dinner in the restaurant and went to Corks afterwards for some after dinner drinks, which was all excellent.

The only reason I give this review average is for the room. When we first walked in we were overcome with a musty smell. So much so that we went down the road to a grocery store and bought some air freshener which definitely helped, but I can't believe the staff doesn't smell this and do something about it. There were also many tiles that had settled and shifted on the bathroom walls with grout missing too. I realize this is an old inn, has certainly settled over time and I don't fault them for this. Everything was super clean.

I hope they can do some work to get the musty smell out, but I think it's probably a bigger issue with the age of the building, heating system, etc. I also realize that many places are hurting in this economy and don't have a ton of money to put into updates. Let's hope the Bedford Village Inn survives with flying colors. There's not many upscale places left in this area and our dinner, drinks (and breakfast the next day) were held in half filled or less rooms.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EricinNH
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Rustic inn, open 3 story post & beam main building. Lovely furnishings, reminiscent of a national park lodge. In winter, there is an outdoor ice sculpture vodka bar on Saturday nights. I attended a function there 2 successive days, and food, drinks, and service were exemplary. The hosts' family stayed at the inn, and enjoyed their stay. Worth considering if you want something different than a chain hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank docbruce
Reviewed 13 January 2012

My husband and I are looking forward to a return visit to the BVI. We were impressed from check in to check out. The front desk clerk who checked us in was pleasant and efficient. He personally showed us to our room (nice touch). The inn offers an afternoon tea with coffee/tea and cookies and later in the evening a wine and cheese reception.

Our two room suite did not disappoint. Although it was a bit hot in the room we were able to open the windows. The inn was quiet and quite restful. The Christmas decorations and lights as well as the newly fallen snow added to the charm and beauty of the inn.

The turn down service was great as was the two chocolate chip cookies that were left on our night stand. Again a nice touch!

The next morning we had breakfast in the restaurant. The waitress was pleasant and efficient. The food was delicious.

We were sad to leave but look forward to our return visit.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PrincessDed
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Our daughter had a Lacrosse camp in Derry between Christmas and New Years. We made a reservation at the Bedford Village Inn and were not disappointed. This was a very nice stay. From the wine and hors d'oeuvres to the nicely appointed suite, to the dinner, in Corks wine bar, our evening was quite nice.

Kudos to the "bartender" restaurant manager, she was superb! We thoroughly enjoyed our enjoyed our evening!

I would recommend this hotel and restaurant to any of our friends!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bogoxl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Manchester Airport
#3 of 8 in Concord
Radisson Hotel Manchester Downtown
5 mi away
Best Western Plus Executive Court Inn & Conference Center

Been to Bedford Village Inn? Share your experiences!