“3rd try and still not a fan” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Teknique

Teknique
Reserve with OpenTable
Teknique is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 46 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Bedford, New Hampshire
“3rd try and still not a fan”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

We had been to Teknique twice and were a bit underwhelmed by the meal/price. There is a weird pretentiousness going on at this restaurant with food and service. They sent us a coupon for a free main course so we thought well why not...try one more time. The meal was ok--nothing great but not bad. The funny thing was the waitress' reaction when we pulled out the coupon they mailed to us--lol--like we had the plague. "I need to check with chef to see what this is about". More pretentious nonsense. I wish I liked it better since its right down the road

• Visited August 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

United States
“Wonderful place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Had dinner Friday and Brunch on Sunday. Both were excellent. The setting isn't optimal, but once you are inside everything is done well. The service is excellent and the food is worth every penny. The menu is varied (we had duck, rabbit, scallops, and salmon in our party of four) and everything was delicious. Brunch had a slightly smaller menu, but everything was delicious again.

Visited August 2014
Bedford, New Hampshire
“Another Fabulous Dinner at Tek Nique!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

We had dinner here with the parents and family again last night and everything was fantastic from the mussels to the Parsnips dish! The Parsnips had some "melt in your mouth" kale that I could eat by the pile and the pork belly was enjoyed by all as well as the wonderful cocktails. As far as cocktails, I suggest the one with rhubarb puree! Delicious and a truly refreshing summer treat! Zach waited on us and has waited on us in the past, so it's really nice that they have consistent staff. Anyway, he is always a bona fide pro while being fun at the same time. We love it here and ended up getting 3 desserts last night as we were celebrating a birthday. The creme brulee was amazing (my personal fav), but all of them were great. This is a really wonderful chef-owned restaurant, which is something hard to find in the area.

• Visited August 2014
Merrimack, New Hampshire
“Everything was excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband and I go here infrequently only because we just don't think of it. We have promised ourselves that will change. We went most recently in June and had a terrific meal. Everything, and I mean everything was excellent: apps, salads, entrees, desert. My personal favorite was the spaetzel with Gouda cheese. Yum. The atmosphere is modern elegance. The service I would call relaxed; at least the night we were there. Very pleasant. If you like sitting at the bar for dinner, (which we frequently do) they have a small one. There are also a few tables in the small, dark lounge. My one suggestion to the owner would be to swap out the low tables in the lounge for high-tops. I feel like I am in a cave sitting at low tables in the small dark space. High-tops also invite conversation with others in the bar. Food for thought. :)

• Visited June 2014
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Teknique is amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I can't cook, but I sure know how to eat, and I do so out at restaurants several times a week. I happily discovered fabulous Teknique early this summer, and still can't believe I hadn't found it sooner.....I'm so glad that it was recommended to me because it is truly delightful. I returned again just recently, and couldn't write my glowing review until now, because of the time restrictions regarding restaurants on Trip Advisor. So here we happily go again ! The atmosphere and ambiance is lovely- very welcoming and comfortable. Perfect lighting, and with a variety of seating options, and a beautiful varied menu make for a very pleasant dining experience. The staff is outstanding - courteous and well versed, with perfect timing........these skilled, professional and perfectly friendly individuals haven't failed to impress. Thank you again to Brendan, Pamela, and also now to Nicole - you are doing a wonderful job in what can be a very challenging field ! And thank you to Chef/owner Mathew Trottier- your menu options and your restaurant are beautiful, and even though I've only been to your restaurant three times ( in two months) I am a discriminating frequent diner, and you all are doing an amazing job in a very competitive market.....well done! I do believe there are now only a few items that I haven't ordered-absolutely every single choice has been delightful and perfectly done, with a very pleasing presentation and absolutely delicious details in the accents/favors.
Everyone, do yourself a favor and give Teknique a try, it will not disappoint. Be sure to try the unbelievable fresh Salmon entree, the tuna 2ways, the escargot in a sweet creamy sauce with shrimp, the Spaetzel with Gouda cheese, the Pork belly app with ginger, the Cornish game hen, and the Roasted and rare Parsnips with jumbo scallop and chai spices. My dining companion ordered a Rabbit leg special that was the best he had ever experienced!
Thank you Teknique! So glad we found each other !

• Visited July 2014