“Great Mexican Food”
Review of El Jimador

El Jimador
Ranked #2 of 19 Restaurants in Belmont
Reviewed 2 September 2013

El Jimador serves up great food. My wife and I have visited on many occasions which has allowed us to order a number of different dishes, as well as re-order our favorites. I typically am not a restaurant soup order, but the Tortilla Soup is so full of properly cooked vegetables and seasoning that it is a must every time I go.

I have asked the wait staff for recommendations too and they have always pointed me in the right direction. My current favorite is the chorizo tacos.

The food is right between authentic and American Mexican cuisine, which is a good place to be. I have eaten authentic before, and I like it, but I also like some of the Americanized versions.

The service is usually quite good, but sometimes I have noticed some slowness when they get busy. In this type of restaurant you can not be afraid to speak up and ask for something you need. Now, if this was a gourmet get dressed up fancy restaurant, than I guess that would be an issue, but this is a family owned Mexican restaurant and I am happy with the service.

Finally, the salsa is by far the best in New Hampshire, if not anywhere.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

I live in the area and love Mexican food. The food is excellent even by the standards of the Southwest. Prices are reasonable and the service is great. You will not be disappointed....

Reviewed 11 July 2013

The Lakes region finally got a great Mexican restaurant. Great food. Service fair, but accommodating. Will definately be back

Reviewed 6 July 2013

Let me just say, I've never complained about my food before. Ever. Nope, never. Applebees probably has better Mexican food. :(

The place was busy (no idea why!), so our waitress literally would drop our food or drinks off and run away. I'm not kidding. She never introduced herself or stayed long enough to make eye contact.

We waited almost a half hour for our drinks and for her to take our order.

Once, half way through our meal, which took over an hour, she asked how everything was and I hesitated and said eh... but she didn't even wait for a full response and ran away again. She asked how our meal was as she was walking away. Rude.

The table next to us got their food before us, and they were so disgusted, complained and immediately left. We watched them look horrified and complain to multiple waiters about their food/service.

We ordered their cheese dip to start.... which was literally melted American cheese with a little cream cheese. NOTHING ELSE in it. Come on, that's it? I can do better.

My boyfriend ordered the Burrito Grande which had no flavor and ALL the meat was pink. Taco was okay. Chille Relleno was so covered in enchilada sauce it was completely saugy. Eww. Also they didn't bother cutting the stems off of the chilis... I almost choked on one. Unacceptable.

The worst part was our server didn't even care how grossed out we were. We each had one bite and left the rest of our food but she never asked why we didn't finish our meal. The servers were so unprofessional. They went around with food to a bunch of different tables "did you order these meals?" apparently they had no idea which tables were ordering what.

The WORST meal the two of us have EVER had in our LIVES. Don't go here, ever.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

El Jimador has good and reasonably priced food overall, but please be advised that they are serving "crab" on the menu that is not genuine. Nowhere on the menu is this noted. This is totally unethical, probably illegal, and unfair to the restaurants in the area which do sell genuine crab. If enough patrons complain to the management (or the State), perhaps this will change...