“Before and after”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 February 2013

I had stopped here a few times back before the place burnt down, and several times since. It's the kind-of place we go out of our way to go to, when traveling in the area.

I like it

My wife likes it

Our grandson likes it

So, what's not to like.

Many of the tables have a nice view of the river and the back country.

The only reason they don't get 5 stars is the fries:( While they are like many other restaurants, they aren't what I like.

Reviewed 13 February 2013

got a gift certificate for $50. Easy to keep under $50 for 2 and have excellent food. Fried seafood is lightly coated and golden brown. Tastes and looks like they change the oil often. The best fried seafood I have had anywhere. Friendly staff. Just a great dining experience in the great north woods.

Reviewed 22 January 2013

If you happen to be up this way, do stop by. There don't seem to be very many places that are consistently open for lunch, this place is always open. My dining partner had the fish sandwich (which comes with just a sandwich on a small bread and butter plate), and the fish looked fantastic. I didn't have anything exciting so it isn't fair to mention! Our server was very attentive and did a nice job.

I've heard great things about this restaurant in the summer, for dinner, and as a hangout. When in the area I can always count on the Dairy Bar to be/have: (1) open (2) good service (3) nice open layout and (4) -in the summer- a nice view.

Reviewed 19 January 2013

The food was good and the service is exellent Plenty of space not just elbow room would I go back YES.

Reviewed 14 January 2013

Pastrami on rye, Frappe made to order, fries, ANYTHING!!!! (And a FANTASTIC view to boot!!) Fish chowder a little thin, but fresh.