“Tasty and convenient!”

Somerville, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tasty and convenient!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

Stopped in at the Maya Papaya when I was in Bethlehem for a weekend for work. Tasty food fast, in a lovely small-town atmosphere! Decent variety allows for a range from comfort to healthy foods.

Visited March 2014

“Good Food, Bad Customer Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I used to stop in a fair bit in 2011 as it was a middle ground between home and work. My first experience was not positive - I was trying to make conversation with the clerk (I asked how they got the name, as it's what my Grandpa called me, and was the reason I stopped) and she was incredibly rude and short with me. I thought perhaps she just wasn't chatty, but she was plenty chatty to the people who entered after I went to sit down with my food.

There was one clerk of the three who were always there who was very sweet, so I would come back for her. It got to a point where, if she wasn't there, I would just leave, and then it stopped being worth it all together.

I stopped in a couple months ago (having not been there since 2011 because of the majority of rude service I received), and unfortunately, it hasn't changed at all. I called my order in ahead of time, as I was in a bit of a hurry. When I entered, one clerk was in deep conversation with a customer in front of the cash register and the other was over at the grill. I was not greeted or acknowledged by either of them, and, in fact, I had to interrupt their conversation after waiting directly beside her for nearly 12 minutes to ask if I could pay for my food. The clerk was very put-off by my interruption (how dare I want to pay for my food), and simply rang me up, didn't ask if I wanted anything else, and immediately went back into conversation after running my card.

I'm a big supporter of local businesses, but I can say I won't be stopping here ever again or recommending it to anyone.

Betlehem
“Best Veggie Sandwhich I have Ever had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

The Green Submarine was perfect combination of healthy and satisfying and I found the service to be both friendly and efficient. I have also had the breakfast burrito several times and it is always delicious! I would strongly recommend Mia Papaya

• Visited April 2014
Bethlehem, New Hampshire
“Lots of yummy, delicious, affordable goodies!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

This place has a little bit of evreything! You can start your day off with a fast, wonderful breakfast, lattes, hot chocolate etc. If you want to splurge, go right for the delicious baked goods; their scones are superb. Try their lunches which give you a very nice variety and are very afforable; homemade soups and quiche are also on the menu. The "townies" are in there all the time and so that usually shows you that the food is pretty darn good!

Visited December 2013
Franconia, New Hampshire
“Rude.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

Decent food, yes. but the owner is so unfriendly and unhelpful that I refuse to go back again. She might be able to whip up a Panini but would it kill her to learn how to be friendly to her customers? News flash -- We're paying your electric bill, lady!! Maybe you should be nicer.

• Visited October 2013