“Cozy vegetarian coffee spot”
Review of The Maia Papaya

The Maia Papaya
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Bethlehem
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stopped for lunch here and enjoyed some delicious vegetarian food and a fresh cup of coffee. They had a variety of soups, sandwiches, salads, and wraps, as well as breakfast options. The food was fresh and healthy, with a coffee shop atmosphere. With its eclectic menu, hip music, and local art on the walls, this is a place that would be perfectly at home in a college town or friendly urban neighborhood, but it's nestled in the heart of this small village. We were pleasantly surprised.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Stopped in at the Maya Papaya when I was in Bethlehem for a weekend for work. Tasty food fast, in a lovely small-town atmosphere! Decent variety allows for a range from comfort to healthy foods.

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I used to stop in a fair bit in 2011 as it was a middle ground between home and work. My first experience was not positive - I was trying to make conversation with the clerk (I asked how they got the name, as it's what my Grandpa called me, and was the reason I stopped) and she was incredibly rude and short with me. I thought perhaps she just wasn't chatty, but she was plenty chatty to the people who entered after I went to sit down with my food.

There was one clerk of the three who were always there who was very sweet, so I would come back for her. It got to a point where, if she wasn't there, I would just leave, and then it stopped being worth it all together.

I stopped in a couple months ago (having not been there since 2011 because of the majority of rude service I received), and unfortunately, it hasn't changed at all. I called my order in ahead of time, as I was in a bit of a hurry. When I entered, one clerk was in deep conversation with a customer in front of the cash register and the other was over at the grill. I was not greeted or acknowledged by either of them, and, in fact, I had to interrupt their conversation after waiting directly beside her for nearly 12 minutes to ask if I could pay for my food. The clerk was very put-off by my interruption (how dare I want to pay for my food), and simply rang me up, didn't ask if I wanted anything else, and immediately went back into conversation after running my card.

I'm a big supporter of local businesses, but I can say I won't be stopping here ever again or recommending it to anyone.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

The Green Submarine was perfect combination of healthy and satisfying and I found the service to be both friendly and efficient. I have also had the breakfast burrito several times and it is always delicious! I would strongly recommend Mia Papaya

Reviewed 26 January 2014

This place has a little bit of evreything! You can start your day off with a fast, wonderful breakfast, lattes, hot chocolate etc. If you want to splurge, go right for the delicious baked goods; their scones are superb. Try their lunches which give you a very nice variety and are very afforable; homemade soups and quiche are also on the menu. The "townies" are in there all the time and so that usually shows you that the food is pretty darn good!