“Know what you're talking about before you condescend”
Review of Cold Mountain Cafe

Cold Mountain Cafe
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Price range: US$5 - US$23
Cuisines: Contemporary, International, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Know what you're talking about before you condescend”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We stopped in for a couple of coffees - she assumed to go and we couldn't be bothered to correct her so decided that would do. We ordered two lattes. We paid (and tipped) and left. Outside we opened our cups and tasted. And went back in. My husband showed her the contents and said this was too weak. "That's frothy milk on the top" she said. My husband took a spoon and pulled the coffee away to reveal the off-white liquid underneath and said again that it was too weak. "Latte is coffee and hot milk" she condescendingly explained. Actually, no, latte is espresso coffee and milk. "We know what latte is" I said "this is too weak". "In America we drink it like this" she told us. Tell that to Starbucks or Caribou or a dozen other companies that make coffee. "We know what American latte is like, we've lived here 6 years" I said. She shrugged, made a half cup of ordinary, weak coffee and topped up our cups. It was still desperately weak. I poured mine away.

1 Thank Rona M

• Thai first
Plymouth, New Hampshire
“Great Lung at the Cold Mountain Cafe”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We stopped by one October afternoon looking for some lunch. So glad we found this place. The atmosphere was warm and friendly, and we loved the local art up on the walls.

I had their grilled marinated chicken 1. This was near perfect. They must make their own bread as the baguette had a light crispy crust and a light flavorful inside. Chicken was cooked to perfection and the whole thing was perfectly balanced.
My wife had their Black Bean Cake which she absolutely loved.
They had a good wine selection along with good choices for glasses of wine.
They are vegan friendly and offer a good choice of selections. Food came out in reasonable time and the service was very good.

Nothing bad to say and we'll definitely be back. Oh, I mentioned on my sandwich near perfect. It would be perfect if they were a little closer to me so I could have it again real soon :)

1 Thank webdude0482
Leominster, Massachusetts
“Small and quaint”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Went to this cafe last year for a cup of coffee and dessert, my boyfriend and I thought that it was nice, so went back for dinner and it was very good, I had chicken and he had the lamb which he said was good. This year was in the area gain and wanted to go back there for my birthday dinner. We ordered something that was totally different than what we thought, but it was our fault not their's but what we ordered was good. I live outside seating but it's to close to the street and ont want to smell car fuels. The inside is small but quaint and the attention from the staff is good. All in all it's a nice cafe and I would go back if I'm in the area

• Visited August 2013
London
“Liked it so much we ate here twice in 2 days”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed two nights in Bethlehem and ate here twice (it was so good)- so I can't compare it to other local options- but the pork was lovely and perfectly cooked and the soups very good. Great local cheeses/meats, lovely service. We were very pleasantly surprised to find such a lovely restaurant in such a small mountain town!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank 288Maisie
Pembroke Pines, FL
“Decent food after a cold wait”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We arrived late in the evening and had to wait at an outside table about 20 minutes. We ate pork tenderloin and salmon with a topping or stuffing, which were all right. There were a couple of mistakes on the bill at first.