“Serenity and service await you @Bear Mountain Lodge”

Bear Mountain Lodge
Ranked #1 of 8 Bethlehem B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Two tired innkeepers "escaped" for one night to the peace and quiet of this beautiful log cabin in Bethlehem, NH. Approaching the B&B we could just feel the serenity as we gazed upon the beautiful gardens and manicured lawns. Quiet and peaceful were the words we kept using during our one day stay. We stayed in the Cry of the Loon room on the second floor. Very comfortable king size bed. Overhead ceiling fan was welcomed on a warm summer night. We thoroughly enjoyed talking with both Carol and Mike, innkeepers. And when Rachel checked us in, she was very welcoming and professional. Gave us good information about the B&B and the local area. Even offered to make dinner reservations for us. We elected to have our own wine, cheese and bread in the back yard, gazing at the gorgeous mountain view. Followed by a hot tub! Breakfast was the best! Carol's bacon jam is soooo...good! Keep up the good work, fellow innkeepers. WE WILL BE BACK! We bet winter is also lovely at your beautiful B&B.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any room in this beautiful B&B.
1  Thank Busyinnkeepers
CarolKNH, Owner at Bear Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Bonnie & Bill - It was great having you stay with us and we're so happy that you enjoyed your little getaway from your own inn. We know just how important it is to be able to relax when you get time away -- whether it's a fellow innkeeper or a couple escaping their busy work lives or perhaps a couple getting some time away from their kids as a couple. We've tried to create an atmosphere where you can unwind, take in nature and the views and just be. It's great to know we hit the mark for you.

Bonnie thanks for your great cookbook. I'm going to try your strawberry jam recipe and serve it with some homemade bread this week, I'm sure it will be yummy. I'm glad that you liked the bacon jam - it's addictive though, we finished it up all with family after you left. I'll have to get to work on another batch as soon as I get a couple hours.

And Rachel was so happy that you mentioned her - she's new with us but doing a great job and you made her smile today.

Take care and have a fabulous season. We can only hope that both of our places are full of guests as wonderful and caring as both of you. Thanks for the great review too!

Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stayed for, only, two nights as we were doing our New Egland holiday. Reviews from others made me choose this place for me and my wife, I only regret one thing - not staying longer.
The place has a stunning scenery, with Mount Washington and mother nature as long as you can see. Sit outside by the fire in the evening or inside sheltered by massive timber walls. The building itself is well worth a stay, add clean, tidy and well equiped as well as a friendly host - and I will give it top score.

Room Tip: We went for the Angler, the smaller room, but it was not small...
1  Thank RoSaNO
Reviewed 19 July 2013

This review is a little over due but we went for a visit in December and my wife still talks about this place. You will not find a better Bed and Breakfast anywhere. This place is amazing. From the moment you walk in the door Michael is waiting for you to greet you and say hello. The lodge is the cleanest my wife and I have ever stayed in. We never wanted to leave once we saw how nice this place was. The main lobby Great Room is very welcoming. The rooms super clean. The beds were so comfortable my wife ended up calling Michael when we got back home to find out what kind of mattress they were and we went out and bought the same one and love it! The Breakfast was so good, Nothing bad to say at all. They really go top of the line to make you feel welcome. We will be back. Thank you Michael and Carol. Melanie & Jason

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
CarolKNH, Owner at Bear Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2013

Thanks Melanie and Jason for taking the time to write a review. We're so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the breakfasts. Along with our housekeepers Tammy and Rachel we work really hard to keep the Lodge spotless and glad that it's noticed and appreciated by all. Hope you're having a fabulous summer, take care.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

There is much to love about Bear Mountain Lodge-the beauty of the setting, the friendliness of the hosts, the great breakfasts and the attention to detail. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and the lovely people we met while there. Everything was pristinely clean and in working order. My only criticism is that given the grandeur of the building, the main floor rooms are surprisingly small and somewhat uninteresting decor-wise. The whole inn has a very masculine, somewhat hunting lodge kind of feel. But, yes, given the pluses, I would definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thanks Marie for the kind words about Michael and me - we really try very hard to be welcoming and friendly to everyone and assist them in having a wonderful stay in the White Mountains. When we were designing the Lodge, we wanted a very relaxing, comfortable log cabin where guests could just unwind and relax. We also decided that we didn't want to only have very large, expensive rooms which would impede some guests from staying with us. We weren't going for just the guests who have no problem affording $300 per night. Therefore, we created three different levels of rooms - the first floor rooms which have all log walls and feel more like a cozy log cabin. The design meant that we wouldn't fill up the walls with lots of decor and stuff, we'd let the logs be the star of the room. Even with rising costs of food and utilities we've kept these rooms under $200 per night to be accessible to more guests. Then we have our fabulous 2nd floor rooms with the high ceilings and steam showers. These are larger rooms and very beautiful - Cowboy has a stone fireplace that I personally designed and built - and we keep these under $250 a night even though similar rooms at other B&Bs would be over $250. And then there are the oversized lower level rooms with in-room jacuzzis surrounded by stone, stone fireplaces, beautiful custom king-sized beds and a door to the patio and backyard. These rooms are some of nicest ones in the White Mountains and of course are priced more than our other 6 room.

All in all I believe that we've designed a beautiful Lodge that meets the needs and budget of all different kinds of guests. And although the first floor rooms are smaller than our others, many guests love the cozy log cabin feel. We've had many guests say that they don't spend much time in the rooms anyway - they're very active people out enjoying the White Mountains. When they return to the Lodge after a full day, they love that they can grab a soda and sit out on the deck taking in the views to Mt. Washington or play a game of pool or perhaps relax in the hot tub. There's a room style for everyone here at Bear Mountain Lodge and we can assist you in picking the room that meets your needs - just give us a call, we'll be happy to help.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

I found this B&B on Bed and Breakfast.com, the pictures of the area are what attracted me to the area. . I could not have picked a better place to stay. Mike and Carol make a perfect team for running a B&B. They really go out to their way to make sure your needs are well taken care of. Carol is a wonderful cook. After the first breakfast on Friday I couldn't wait to see what each day would bring, as good as it was Friday, I couldn't believe each day got better. The beds were so comfortable, probably the most comfortable bed we ever slept in. The rooms are spacious and extremely well kept. The entire facility is very well maintained and clean. There are beautiful views of the White Mountains from the B&B. We are already talking about going back and wanting to stay here again. Truly can't express in words how much we loved the stay here.

1  Thank Kellee K
CarolKNH, Owner at Bear Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Thanks Kellee for the king words about your stay at Bear Mountain Lodge. We pride ourselves on keeping the Lodge extremely clean and along with our two housekeepers we are always looking for ways to make the rooms and our guests' stays even better. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your breakfast each day, I try to be creative while not going overboard - I tell my guests I'm not one to strive for gourmet food, I'm into YUMMY food. Something you wouldn't normally make yourself at home. Michael and I look forward to seeing you again. Have a fantastic summer.

Carol & Michael Kerivan
Owners/Innkeepers

Reviewed 7 July 2013

We just arrived home from our second stay at Bear Mountain Lodge and can't wait until we go again. We first stayed at Bear Mountain Lodge in January 2013. We were intrigued by the pictures on their website and thought we would give it a try. Boy were we ever glad we chose Bear Mountain Lodge. We were NOT disappointed! As we walked from our car to the entrance, Michael graciously opened the door for us and greeted us with a big smile and a big welcome. Being in the winter, we were enveloped by the warmth of a well stoked fire in the common room, which was greatly appreciated given it was only in the single digits when we arrived. After giving us a tour, Michael let us unwind and get settled in. He is a wealth of knowledge for local activities, especially if you are into outdoor adventures such as hiking and snowshoeing. Any questions you have, Michael will answer or find the answer. Need dinner reservations? No problem! Michael will take care of that for you as well.

We don't want to forget Michael's wife, Carol, who is an incredible host as well and a spectacular chef! Their breakfasts are out of this world and gave us the perfect amount of fuel for our days adventures. Special food diets? No problem! Michael and Carol will do the best they can accommodate any special food sensitivities or restrictions. They are really on top of their game. Why? Because they love what they do and it shows!!! And Carol's cookies are amazing!

As we said before, we just arrived home today from our second stay at Bear Mountain Lodge, this time during the warmer months. And boy was it warm and humid! Even with the warmth our stay was extremely comfortable in the Lodge. Since we were staying during the 4th of July, Michael gave great recommendations for area fireworks festivities which was a nice touch. He is also a great wealth of knowledge about Mount Washington, a very popular destination for visitors.

You won't be disappointed with the rooms. We have stayed in Eagles Nest with a cozy fireplace and jacuzzi tub and also Call of the Loon with a steam shower, which was great after a day of hiking and sore muscles. If you stay in the winter, make sure to book a room with a fireplace! And don't be shy of using the hot tub in the winter! We were out there in single digits and it was totally worth the quick sprint to and back so make sure to pack your suits!

Thank you again, Michael and Carol. We will be sure to make Bear Mountain Lodge an annual visit and will spread the word to our family and friends.

~ Leslie and Chris ~ Barkhamsted, Connecticut

Room Tip: Choose a room with a fireplace in the winter! Rooms with steam showers are great too!
1  Thank Leslie S

Leslie: It was great having you guys visit us again, we just love our repeat guests and it shows that we're doing things right if guests can't wait to return. And thanks for not forgetting me in your review - Michael is the "front of the Lodge" and I tend to be the "back of the Lodge" in terms of jobs like the cooking, marketing, weddings and general business stuff. That's Ok because I know that Michael has it covered ensuring our guests have a fabulous visit while I keep everything else going to make Bear Mountain Lodge successful and a place that people can't wait to visit. Thanks again for taking the time to write a review and have a great summer.

Carol Kerivan
Owner/Innkeeper

Reviewed 5 July 2013

In a secluded but spectacular location, Bear Mountain Lodge is in a great location to visit the sights of the White Mountains. Mike is a good host, with great attention to detail and was always on hand for advice on where to go and what to see.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethlehem
Arlington Hotel
#1 of 2 in Bretton Woods
Sugar Hill Inn
Sugar Hill Inn
#1 of 4 in Sugar Hill

Been to Bear Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!