My husband and I discovered BML back in Feb 2006 and have made it a point to come back every year since then. The lodge is so comfortable and relaxing, and the scenery is spectacular. Any season would be fantastic at BML, but we really love our winter visits. The hearty breakfasts prepare us for a busy day of hiking, snow shoeing, skiing, or just looking around the nearby towns. We've found several good places for snow shoeing, including the BML property down to the river. This year we had a magical snow shoe hike during a snowstorm in Crawford Notch. The next day, we skied at Bretton Woods when the sun made the new snow look like it was covered with diamonds. It was a joy to come back to the lodge after our activities and relax with some freshly baked cookies and tea, and look at Mt. Washington through the big picture windows in the great room.
Over the years we have found several wonderful places nearby for dinner, like Cold Mountain Cafe and Timbir Alley. We look forward to having Michael and/or Carol greet us as we return from dinner, and enjoy it when they can take time out of their busy schedule to chat with us about how the day went or what's happening with our families. We really think of Michael and Carol as family, rather than just as innkeepers. I was very happy to hear Michael use similar terms to describe us to the other couple who were at BML for their first visit.
We appreciated that this other couple shared their experience with dog sledding over breakfast. They showed us a short video of their adventure, and talked about what an amazing experience it was.
This is such a special place for us, that I have a picture of my husband and me in front of BML as my screensaver at work. Everyone who comes into my office is impressed at what a beautiful place it is. I hope that my recommendation will encourage several of them to check it out and build their own memories throughout the years at BML, as we have done.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A grande log bed & breakfast reminiscent of those in our National Parks, located in the heart of the White Mountains in Bethlehem, NH. Built of huge logs and decorated with comfortable western furniture, the Lodge is warm and inviting from the moment you walk through the front doors and catch a glimpse of Mt. Washington. With 9 romantic guest rooms, panoramic views, crackling fires and great breakfasts, we've created an atmosphere where you can unwind and feel at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Bear Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bear Mountain Hotel Bethlehem
- Bear Mountain Lodge Bethlehem, White Mountains, NH