All reviews living room granola my wife and i restful weekend white mountains home away from home r r close to town beautiful scenery hot tub each morning wonderful hosts jenny gia concert hike woods
Reviewed 28 October 2011

My partner and I went on a weekend trip for the leaf peeping and just to enjoy a peaceful colorful countryside. Wish I could have spent more time. The Inn is very friendly. We stayed in the farm house since we had our 2 Corgies with us. There were other couples with dogs in two other rooms but it all were behaved so no undue barking even through we were bringing in 2 dogs. We enjoyed the live music at the main Inn. We really relaxed in the indoor hot tub. Peaceful night sleep, The dogs even slept well and were not restless. Yummy breakfast and nice chat. The room was clean and fresh, bathroom was roomy even through it was the second floor. Bed is a bit harder than I have at home. If we had more time we could have hiked the grounds. I would stay there again. The only bit of advice is to get dinner reservations, we had a hard time finding a place to eat that had a table available. The Inn has notebooks with menus and list of places that offer discounts too. Great place.

Room Tip: The rooms at the farm house are in a build away from the Inn and take dogs. If you don't travel with your dog, the staying at the Inn would be closer to pool, spa and reference stuff. I would like to try staying there.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Our three days at the Highlands Inn were wonderful! My partner and I were blown away by the incredible natural beauty of the area. Franconia Notch State Park is only 10 minutes away, and even non-athletes will find plenty of walks with gorgeous views that are easy to access. We especially loved the Flume and the Basin, as well as Kinsman Falls. The Inn was a perfect base, close to everything, welcoming, comfortable and romantic. It has a great history, ask Gracie for the story. We loved the hot tub, and also enjoyed the Saturday night singer-songwriters concert. It is always fun to meet other women couples, and we love the comfort of knowing we are among friends.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2011

My partner and I just spent one of the best weekends ever together. Highlands Inn is a beautiful old house that has been well maintained with gorgeous wood floors and exposed interior beams. The antique wood furniture is beyond beautiful. The owner, Grace, is the most gracious hostess and has anticipated every need and desire of her female clientele. The live music Saturday night was fun. Be sure to ask Grace for coupons to local restaurants. We met some amazing guests there, who I am sure we will stay in touch with. I've stayed at many GBLT B&Bs, but this one by far out ranks any experience I've had before.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Everything about The Highlands is romantic and welcoming. We can't wait to go back again, including our dogs!

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Grace, Maria and the whole staff at the Highlands Inn made us feel like family from the first phone call to them! From the first time we got there till the wedding was over, they added special touches to make it perfect!

Room Tip: I think every room would have been very peaceful
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple