The Highlands Inn
US$199
US$169
The Wayside Inn(Bethlehem)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$125
The Mulburn Inn at Bethlehem(Bethlehem)(Great Value!)
US$153
Hearthside Village Cottage Motel(Bethlehem)(Great Value!)
US$87
Hillwinds Lodge(Franconia)(Great Value!)
US$97
Arlington Hotel(Bethlehem)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsliving roomgranolamany yearsmy wife and irestful weekendwhite mountainshome away from homebreakfast roomr rspent a weekbeautiful sceneryclose to towncan't wait to go backhot tubeach morningold friendswalking trails
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I am a single lesbian, and I went to the Highlands Inn and was never so accepted, from the staff and all the other couples that were there that week-end. Enjoyed every second.

My second visit was actually New Years. Again I was single but the 4 days I spent there was soooooooooooo much fun. I even was invited to attend a wedding that week-end by a couple I never met til that week-end. I felt like I was @ home w/ all my friends. Can't wait til I return.

The Highlands Inn could not have any better owners that you'll find with Gia, Jenny, and Miss Ellie, and of course Jackie. Just one big Fun place to relax.

Thanks Again and see ya ALL soon.
Bev C.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Bev C
Reviewed 5 January 2013

The Highlands Inn is a lesbian institution. Every lesbian should visit this community of womyn travellers at least once, ...in every season. Be part of our herstory and add the Highlands Inn to your list. Come rest and relax.....or

Golf, play tennis, swim, ski, snowshoe, snowboard, ice skate, snow tubing, hike to an AMC hut, hike to waterfalls, zip line over forest canopy, brake your way down the alpine slide, take in a movie, concert, or play, shop, go antiquing, ride the cog railway to Mt Washington summit, drive to Mt Washington summit, visit museums: Fairbanks Museum & planetarium, Frost Place, Dog Mountain, cog rail and Mt Washington summit museums...the options are endless.

We just enjoyed another relaxing vacation at the Highlands. Snowshoeing the trails on Christmas day with the dog was a highlight. There is nothing more peaceful than a walk in the woods on a beautiful winter day. We met new friends and had an excellent winter wonderland holiday. Can't wait for our next visit! By July, we'll be ready for some pool time.

Room Tip: We stayed in the farmhouse because we were travelling with our dog. We're grateful the inn offers accommodations that welcome pets. The room was spacious and included a sofa.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Zoe P
Reviewed 4 December 2012

I took my sweetheart here for her birthday. I rented the best room in the inn and hired a local massage therapist to do an in-room massage. Our hosts, Jenny and Gia, made the event all the more special by decorating the room. We were first-time visitors made to feel like we had come home.

The inn has a rich history that is reflected in it's architecture and ambience. There are scores of photo albums documenting it's 30-year women's history as well. The floors creak and the ceilings are low--just what you would expect from an old country inn. Lots of common places to hang out and interact or not. And if snuggling up by the fire in an over stuffed chair isn't enough to make you feel at home, the freshly baked cookies and bowls of fruit that are always available will. And let's not forget the indoor and outdoor hot tubs. Talk about rejuvenating.

There are many great restaurants and eateries in the area ranging in price and cuisine. You can also bring your own food and beverages and store them in the guest kitchen area. But make sure you leave room for the inn's excellent country breakfast and the best french toast for miles (if they are serving it that day).

If you are looking for a somewhat rustic, but essentially charming country inn experience for women, this is a jewel of a place to go and relax and hang with your sistas. We will be making this our frequent get-away since we live in-state.

Room Tip: Room 2 is the largest with a gas fireplace and jet tub for two. Canopy bed. Romantic. Great views. We looked at the other rooms and all looked very sweet and cozy.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WolfeWoman
Reviewed 18 November 2012

As one reviewer stated it's like overpriced camping. For $160.00 a night I expect a clean and well run place to stay. This is a place for the crunchy granola type that doesn't mind the musty, run down and dirty atmosphere. Yes this place is secluded, but for the price and day in age we live in you can easily find a luxurious gay friendly place to stay in New England for the same price. The furniture looks as though it was all purchased at tag sales. and the only good part was the limited breakfast that was served on paper plates with plastic utensils. Really??? As I mentioned $160.00 a night. By the way there is nothing to do nearby except hike. If you want to see sites you must travel as you are in the middle of nowhere. The owner was a bit aloof as was her significant other. The cook was friendliest of all. With all the beautiful B&Bs in The area do some research and find one of the many gems to choose from. Don't waist your money here.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Renee V
highlandsinnNH, Owner at The Highlands Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2012

Please note this guest stayed at The Highlands Inn in January, 2012. The Inn has changed ownership as of July 2012.

Reviewed 13 November 2012

I took my sweetheart there for a weekend of R & R. I am a Painting Contractor and she a College Professor. She wanted to go somewhere exclusive and away from the hustle & bustle. The Inn was all of those things and more. Jenny and Gia were so warm and welcoming. It was work weekend and they accomodated us with a free upgraded room to further our need for a restful weekend. Although there was work activity it did not effect our stay one little bit. The womyn on the work crew were all so friendly and fun as we joined them Saturday evening for song and socializing. The Inn has so much to enjoy as well. We took in an afternoon jacuzzi session, Sat on the porch and read with the sun shining in. We went for a really nice walk on the 100 acre trails around the Inn and also spent alot of time in our more than spacious room. Jenny and Jackie provided such a delicious breakfast each morning with plenty to eat. We give the Highland Inn an A+ and look forward to returning soon!

Room Tip: Our room #2 was more than adequite, Fireplace, Hot tub, Comfy couch, Canopy Queen Bed ect...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple