The Highlands Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Bethlehem
See available hotels
Good 3.5/5
Good 3.5/5
Hillwinds Lodge(Franconia)
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsliving roomgranolamany yearsmy wife and irestful weekendwhite mountainshome away from homebreakfast roomr rspent a weekbeautiful sceneryclose to towncan't wait to go backhot tubeach morningold friendswalking trails
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I'm wondering if perhaps "May S" went to a different inn, because Jenny & Gia (the new owners) could not be any more welcoming and friendly. They are just wonderful people (and their dog Ellie is adorable, too!). We stayed three nights and found the inn to be a completely peaceful & relaxing retreat, and Jenny & Gia were at once incredibly accomodating and attentive, yet very respectful of space & privacy. It's a good thing there are so many hiking trails nearby, because the breakfasts were delicious & extremely generous- all sorts of fresh fruits/granola/yogurt to go along with a full, home-cooked meal. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom impeccably clean (even to my own OCD standards). They had a nice grill by the pool, which, combined with the community fridge, saved us a lot of money on dining. The pool is huge. We did not use the jacuzzis but if you're into that, there are two of them- one inside, one outdoors. They have house concerts in the living room on Saturday nights and there's just a ton of stuff to do in the area if you want to, or you can just relax in the adirondack chairs, watching the sunset. We have recommended the Highlands Inn to all our friends and we can't wait to get back there ourselves.

1  Thank Helsa B
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My wife and I just spent 7 nights at the Highlands Inn and it was awesome. Owners Gia and Jenny went out of their way to make our stay welcoming and comfortable. The acreage is beautiful, with nature trails aplenty. The pool and hot tubs add to the relaxation and serenity. Our room was clean and thoughtfully appointed. This was a great place to recharge our batteries. Lots to do in the area as well. Kathy R

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KRags2013
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I first stayed at the Inn many years ago. The Highlands Inn has been a tradition for many lesbian couples over the past decades, but I never quite understood why—until now. The Inn has always had the advantages of a beautiful setting that's secluded and yet central and accessible to the year-round offerings of the White Mountains. But now it has Jenny and Gia, and I can't imagine two more wonderful and charming hostesses. (And I have to mention the sweet little Ellie, whose wagging tail and Pet Me! doggy smile met us whenever we returned from a day trip.) We scheduled our visit for a particular Saturday night based on the live music calendar, and though we intended to move on for the rest of our vacation, we ended up staying four nights at the Inn. Our room was comfortable and clean, the common rooms were lovely, and the breakfasts were incredible. The evening we barbecued by the pool, then sipped wine and watched the sun set into the hills, we knew we'd be back. That's a tradition I can embrace.

1  Thank Max G
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Barb and I have stayed many times at the Highlands Inn. The Inn is a wonderful place to go and relax and enjoy all the beauty that NH has to off. Jenny and Gia are wonderful and make your stay even better. If you're looking for a getaway this is the place to go.

Room Tip: You have a choice of rooms at the inn. If you have dogs you can either stay at the farm house or the cottage. If not you can stay in the main in.
1  Thank Joanne B
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We had read many positive reviews regarding this place so when we were passing by this area on our way to another destination, we thought we would give it a try.

It is way over priced. The rooms are very small. We stayed in the cheapest room and it was still overpriced. You could also check out the other rooms while you were there if nobody was currently renting them (doors open) and you did not get much for the extra money you paid for a "bigger room". The room was not very clean and there was hair in the shower.

The pool and the hot tub were the only thing that helped the inn.

The breakfast selection was not the greatest.

I'm just surprised at how expensive this place is for what you get. My wife has been a lesbian all her life and she explained that it always seems other lesbians want to overprice things for us. I am fairly new to this world and I came into this world thinking all nice things - that we were here to help each other out and not take advantage of one another. Well, it's been more than five years and guess what - I see her point. We stay at "straight" places and get great service and reasonable prices. On the other hand, we go to "gay/lesbian" oriented places and are overcharged. I just don't get what is going on? Shouldn't we be helping one another out? That's just what I have experienced so far....

The owners were not the friendliest either. You have to go out of your way to start any type of conversation with them.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple