“Like in Paradise”

Adair Country Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 8 Bethlehem B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our two night stay at the beautifull Adair! The rooms are very clean and cosy. The garden around the Adair is still unbelievable. There are really no words to describe. That's maybe how the garden of Eden would look like.
The staff is very friendly and we felt very welcome. Kimberly and Barry gave us very good tips, for what we could do during daytime (the hike was aweseomme!!).
The food at the restaurant was excellent!!
Breakfast could be mor variable. Would like to have some toasts and of course a toaster.

• Stayed: July 2013
There are newer reviews for Adair Country Inn & Restaurant

Reviewed 5 July 2013

We flew into a tiny airport and were picked up by one of the innkeepers. Rental cars were also available at this airport if we needed one. Food is delicious and there is a lot to do. Tennis and hiking on property and more hiking, kayaking nearby. Lovely rooms and grounds.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I'm sad to write this as it looked lovely. Basically when we arrived having already paid for the Inn in full we were told they wouldn't accommodate us as we had a baby. This was 5.30 on a Friday.

The proprieter did say she would email to help us get a refund but unfortunately that didn't happen either.

I think they could do better on this front and the whole experience was disappointing having to find another hotel after hours on a weekend, with a small baby.

Stayed: June 2013
5  Thank rtkirky
KBHunter, Innkeeper at Adair Country Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2013

I'm sorry to see your review of our lovely Inn. It is certainly an unfortunate circumstance that
led to your review. As all of the data is not entirely accurate, this is how the events unfolded
on our end.

I received your reservation through the bedandbreakfast.com booking engine and then quickly
following came your request for a crib as you were traveling with a 7 month old. This was the
day before your reservation. Bedandbreakfast.com links directly to our website for booking
and the Inn's policies are clearly stated on our website. They state that the Inn is not appropriate
for children under the age of 12. We do not have cribs, booster seats or children's menus and
tend to cater to guests on romantic getaways that are looking for a peaceful retreat on our 200 acres of private property.

As neither an email address, nor a mailing address was provided with the reservation,
I quickly tried to dial the 14 digit phone number provided with the reservation.
I tried 3 different ways of dialing, but without a country, I was unable to troubleshoot what was
wrong with the phone number.

I immediately called bedandbreakfast.com to see if they had any further contact information. They did not. As I could not accept the reservation, they went ahead and cancelled the reservation and told me that they would refund your stay. On bedandbreakfast.com I have to log in and confirm your arrival for the funds to transfer. I did not do this. So, not only was your reservation cancelled the day before your arrival, but I did not submit your stay for payment.

When you arrived anyway, I met you at the curb, met your beautiful wife and baby and apologized that you did not get the message that we were unable to accept your reservation. When you then looked up your reservation on your smart phone, you did confirm to me that you could now see that the reservation was cancelled.

I suggested another Inn nearby, which we looked at on my monitor in my office. You stood next to me as I called this other Inn and checked their availability. As you might recall they had a queen suite or a king room available and yes, they accepted children and breakfast would also be included in your stay. I gave you their information and offered directions, but you stated that you had GPS or might continue on into Maine as you were staying there next on your trip.

I'm not sure what else I could have done given the difficult circumstance that was presented
to me. I was certainly frustrated at not being able to reach you prior to your arrival.

We are working with bedandbreakfast.com to work through this and to figure out how best to avoid this type of miscommunication in the future. We regret that you were unaware of the Inn's policies when you booked your stay. You have a very beautiful family and we personally would have loved to have had you with us.

Kimberly
Innkeeper
Adair Country Inn and Restaurant

Reviewed 8 June 2013

We spent a couple of nights at Adair in early june 2013 and the experience was great. The innkeepers Barry and Kimberly were great. Barry is an individual who genuinely seems to enjoy his job and that helps set a great tone for the whole experience. this place is ideal for couples looking to have a relaxed down time without the buzz of the city. The rooms are very well maintained and they are very accommodating of any personal requests. The property has a hiking trail which could be enjoyed by people who enjoy a nice stroll. If you are one who does not want to drive around for your food , the inn has an excellent restaurant too. All in all the kind of place where one can create memories that would last a lifetime.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that have views of the mountains.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2013

On our drive from Maine to Vermont, we arrived unexpected on Memorial Day at 5pm looking for an early dinner only and ended up with much more - a delightful evening that included a tour of this beautiful inn with a gorgeous rural setting, a great conversation with the innkeeper as we had drinks in the large yet comfortable living room and an excellent dinner with a great view of the mountains. If we hadn't had an early appointment at home the next day, we would have probably spent the night in one of the many inviting rooms we saw! The four staff members we interacted with were all very friendly yet professional. From our brief experience, Adair Inn appears to be a first class country inn.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MimiandPT
Reviewed 3 April 2013

When we arrived the Inn keepers came out and greeted us and took our bags. Once we got settled in we were invited to a food show put on by the chef and also free drinks. The inn is a wonderful place with wonderful grounds.
Our room had great views of the white mountains . That evening we had dinner at the inn and the food was as good as it gets.
The staff were attentive and very nice to talk to, lots of fun.

Room Tip: They are all good from what we have seen...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
KBHunter, Assistant Innkeeper at Adair Country Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you enjoyed the dinner Chef Coots prepared for the both of you! We hope to see you both again soon!!
Tinah Whitcomb-Assistant Innkeeper

Reviewed 25 February 2013

My wife and I have been at Adair a number of times over the years, and again this February 2013. February is lovers' month and we took their special Valentine menu. Exquisite food, outstanding service! As the breakfast in the morning, and its (world!) famous popovers! All in all we rate Adair, with its attention to every detail, its setting and its superb hosts, as the very best one could possibly wish for.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
IljaandBrad, Assistant Innkeeper at Adair Country Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review about our Inn located in the Majestic White Mountains of New Hampshire! Take care and we hope to see you again soon!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethlehem
Arlington Hotel
The Mulburn Inn at Bethlehem
Inn at Sunset Hill
Inn at Sunset Hill
#1 of 4 in Sugar Hill

Been to Adair Country Inn & Restaurant? Share your experiences!