“A quiet piece of heaven on earth”

Adair Country Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 8 Bethlehem B&B and Inns
Cooperstown, New York
“A quiet piece of heaven on earth”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Where to start? Everything is perfect with exquisite attention to every little detail you didn't even know existed. From the fresh flowers in the room to the "man cave" ( perfect for Monday night football) to the wonderful feather beds, beautiful landscape and walking trails....it's all there. You are greeted by innkeepers Kimberly and Barry and son Morgan, given a tour of the home with all its wonderful nooks and crannies and then relax in splendor in your room. Breakfast is a feast and dinner in the restaurant is not to be missed. Everyone goes out of their way to be helpful and accommodating with suggestions on things to do and see in the area. The Inn is gorgeous, comfortable, quiet and spotless. We were on a once a year couples getaway and couldn't have chosen a better place.

Room Tip: We loved the Lafayette room; the one most photographed. It is very roomy, comfortable and romantic...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 27 August 2013

This is an absolutely beautiful country inn on a beautiful piece of property, We were there in the spring--everything was in magnificent bloom, but it must be equally cozy and lovely in the winter, and especially during fall foliage. The restaurant is delicious and romantic, and the breakfast popovers are a reason to move in! The innkeepers, Brad and Iilya, were incredibly welcoming helpful :)

Room Tip: All the rooms are different and special in their own ways (we say 5 of them)!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 July 2013

My wife and I very much enjoyed our two-night stay. The accommodations are comfortable and expansive: comfortable beds and rooms in an opulent 1920s mansion. The breakfasts were delicious; the grounds (designed by the famous Olmstead brothers) are magnificent; and the hosts are as friendly, informative, and interesting as can be. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Fayetteville, Georgia
Reviewed 21 July 2013

My husband and I chose a New England get-away to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary. Adair was one of the inns on our journey. We had a wonderful experience and met new friends while we were there. Kimberly and Barry were amazing hosts. Very friendly and helpful. Thank you for adding amazing memories to our marriage...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Sissach, Switzerland
Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our two night stay at the beautifull Adair! The rooms are very clean and cosy. The garden around the Adair is still unbelievable. There are really no words to describe. That's maybe how the garden of Eden would look like.
The staff is very friendly and we felt very welcome. Kimberly and Barry gave us very good tips, for what we could do during daytime (the hike was aweseomme!!).
The food at the restaurant was excellent!!
Breakfast could be mor variable. Would like to have some toasts and of course a toaster.

• Stayed July 2013
Milford, Connecticut
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We flew into a tiny airport and were picked up by one of the innkeepers. Rental cars were also available at this airport if we needed one. Food is delicious and there is a lot to do. Tennis and hiking on property and more hiking, kayaking nearby. Lovely rooms and grounds.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I'm sad to write this as it looked lovely. Basically when we arrived having already paid for the Inn in full we were told they wouldn't accommodate us as we had a baby. This was 5.30 on a Friday.

The proprieter did say she would email to help us get a refund but unfortunately that didn't happen either.

I think they could do better on this front and the whole experience was disappointing having to find another hotel after hours on a weekend, with a small baby.

Stayed June 2013
5 Thank rtkirky
KBHunter, Innkeeper at Adair Country Inn & Restaurant, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
I'm sorry to see your review of our lovely Inn. It is certainly an unfortunate circumstance that
led to your review. As all of the data is not entirely accurate, this is how the events unfolded
on our end.

I received your reservation through the bedandbreakfast.com booking engine and then quickly
following came your request for a crib as you were traveling with a 7 month old. This was the
day before your reservation. Bedandbreakfast.com links directly to our website for booking
and the Inn's policies are clearly stated on our website. They state that the Inn is not appropriate
for children under the age of 12. We do not have cribs, booster seats or children's menus and
tend to cater to guests on romantic getaways that are looking for a peaceful retreat on our 200 acres of private property.

As neither an email address, nor a mailing address was provided with the reservation,
I quickly tried to dial the 14 digit phone number provided with the reservation.
I tried 3 different ways of dialing, but without a country, I was unable to troubleshoot what was
wrong with the phone number.

I immediately called bedandbreakfast.com to see if they had any further contact information. They did not. As I could not accept the reservation, they went ahead and cancelled the reservation and told me that they would refund your stay. On bedandbreakfast.com I have to log in and confirm your arrival for the funds to transfer. I did not do this. So, not only was your reservation cancelled the day before your arrival, but I did not submit your stay for payment.

When you arrived anyway, I met you at the curb, met your beautiful wife and baby and apologized that you did not get the message that we were unable to accept your reservation. When you then looked up your reservation on your smart phone, you did confirm to me that you could now see that the reservation was cancelled.

I suggested another Inn nearby, which we looked at on my monitor in my office. You stood next to me as I called this other Inn and checked their availability. As you might recall they had a queen suite or a king room available and yes, they accepted children and breakfast would also be included in your stay. I gave you their information and offered directions, but you stated that you had GPS or might continue on into Maine as you were staying there next on your trip.

I'm not sure what else I could have done given the difficult circumstance that was presented
to me. I was certainly frustrated at not being able to reach you prior to your arrival.

We are working with bedandbreakfast.com to work through this and to figure out how best to avoid this type of miscommunication in the future. We regret that you were unaware of the Inn's policies when you booked your stay. You have a very beautiful family and we personally would have loved to have had you with us.

Kimberly
Innkeeper
Adair Country Inn and Restaurant
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethlehem
Arlington Hotel
#1 of 8 in Bethlehem
Omni Mount Washington Resort
Omni Mount Washington Resort
#1 of 2 in Bretton Woods

Been to Adair Country Inn & Restaurant? Share your experiences!