“Wonderful place to get away”

Rosewood Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Bradford B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I bought a Livingsocial deal for a two night stay in a honeymoon suite. The inn has received great reviews and after staying there, I can see why. From the outside, the inn is charmingly beautiful. Once inside, the inn is welcoming and cozy. We were met by Lesley, the innkeeper, who is so sweet and accomodating.

We stayed in the Thomas Jefferson suite, which was spacious and beautiful. The room was beautifully decorated and comes with a complimentary bottle of wine (red or white depending on your preference). The bathroom was huge with a separate shower and large jacuzzi, which was perfect after a 2 and a half hour paddleboarding trip on the lake.

We were very comfortable in the room and in the mornings, we were served a delicious homemade three course breakfast. I'm not a morning person at all, but the breakfast is worth waking up for! I overheard the woman sitting next to me that she was gluten intolerant and her server informed her that Lesley had prepared a gluten free breakfast for her, which shows that she truly cares that her guests are comfortable.

We had a lovely time and everything was perfect! We hope to return soon.

This is nothing to do with the inn, but my cellphone carrier is T-mobile and you will have no reception in the area. Just a warning!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
nhlady59, Owner at Rosewood Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2013

Thank you Kassandra. It's always heartwarming to have guests that are appreciate of all that we do, and try to do , to make your stay a treasured memory. The staff and I look forward to having you back soon!

Reviewed 16 August 2013

This is our second time visiting the Rosewood Country Inn. Lesley and her staff are very attentive, friendly, and always ready to please their guests. Very creative and delicious ,multi-course breakfasts. The complimentary bottle of wine can be enjoyed on the porch, but strict liquor laws prevent guests from taking their own liquor outside or anywhere other than in their room (I'm responding to EllieMay Clampet's post). They have a nice bar with very reasonably priced drinks, and a butler's pantry with lots of snacks and drinks, glasses, and ice buckets - whatever you need. The rooms are immaculate, the grounds are beautiful, and the location is perfect: it's a short ride to Mount Sunapee for zip-lining and to Lake Sunapee for water activities. Great bicycling right out the front door! This year, our son and his new wife joined us, and we all had a wonderful stay. We are talking about when we can go back again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
nhlady59, Owner at Rosewood Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2013

Your group was certainly a pleasure and It was wonderful to meet your son and new daughter-in-law. We're glad that you all enjoyed your stay. The zi line has certainly gotten great reviews this summer from our guests, along with the scenic afternoon cruise.
The staff and I look forward to having you visit again soon.
Best,
Lesley

Reviewed 13 August 2013

My wife and I recently chose this B&B because of its stellar reviews. It completely met and, in many ways, exceeded our expectations. It was apparent that the owner and her staff work very hard to make everyone's stay memorable. Our room was spacious and clean and, overall, this was one of the nicest B&Bs we've ever stayed in. Breakfast each day was extraordinary and beautifully presented. Not having cell service was actually a plus and enhanced our appreciation of this very special experience. A very minor suggestion would be to play soft instrumental music at breakfast rather than rock and roll. While I like rock and roll and all the oldies, it seemed to conflict with the overall ambiance of this B&B. We had opportunities to see most of the other rooms and all were exceptionally beautiful and well appointed. Overall, this B&B significantly exceeded our expectations and we appreciated the extraordinary commitment on the part of the owner to every detail in order to provide a such a rich experience for her guests.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2013

The house was inviting yet the overall tone was unwelcoming. The hostess was "out of sight" most of the weekend. During breakfast the waitresses were folding napkins into decorative roses while we looked over a few times to ask for a coffee refill. Everywhere you looked there was a gratuity envelope...on the tables....beds; the problem with that was we were charged gratuity ahead of time which was added on to our two nights stay when we checked in. There were signs everywhere that makes one feel like a "goat in a china shop"......You will be charged for a wine stain....charged for massage oil stain on sheet.....if you do not sign-out by 11:00, you'll be charged an additional night's cost.....no wine on the porch. It was being with my spouse that made the weekend memorable, along with the scenic walks and sweet smelling air. As for the bed....stiff as a board along with flat firm pillows!

2  Thank EllieMayClampet
nhlady59, Owner at Rosewood Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

I'm awfully sorry that you felt your stay was just "ordinary". We strive to make everyone's stay at the Rosewood an experience they will cherish always. However, I do feel the need to comment on some of the inaccuracies that you have listed.

The hostess was "out of sight most of the weekend". I personally welcome each guests as I check them in and take them to their rooms. We have music playing softly in the background and a scented candle burning to set a welcoming ambiance.

As the breakfast chef, my time is spent in the kitchen each morning from 5am to 10am. Unfortunately, this hectic pace does not allow me time to chit-chat with guests during the breakfast hour. I do however, spend each Saturday night mingling and visiting with my guests during our happy hour with complimentary hors d'oeuvres. I also let each guests know that I am accessable, should they have any questions, or need anything to make their stay more enjoyable. Upon check-in guests are shown where all the dinner menus are located, directions to the restaurants, and a business card for a discount to a local eatery.

"Everywhere you looked there was a gratuity envelope". There are no gratuity envelopes on the tables. There is a gratuity envelope in the room. With the exception of myself, we are a staff run B&B. We have dining room staff and housekeeping staff, all making every effort to make your stay special.
I personally do check-ins, take all phone calls and reservations, and send out a personal confirmation to you.

We do not charge a routine gratuity on your bill. We also do not charge your card until check-in. The only gratuity charge would be for the room service of a special indulgence package that might be ordered in advance. And that is stated in advance to a guest when ordering a special package. It is also stated on the Indulgence page of our web site. There are no surprises on your bill.

"Signs everywhere, for wine stains or massage oil on sheets". Well, I won't even argue that. I think that is pretty understandable. I think everyone would agree that a ruined comforter, or set of
sheets due to an inconsiderate guests, is unacceptable and very costly to an innkeeper.

"If you do not check out by 11am, you'll be charged for an additional night's stay". An 11am check-out is the standard in a busy B&B, as well as all hotels and motels. Housekeeping staff needs to have sufficient time to thoroughly clean the room and have it inspected before the next in-coming guests arrive. How would a guest with a 3pm check-in have felt had we had to inform them that their room was not yet available because the previous guests decided to linger past check-out time?

"No wine on the porch". Unfortunately, this is not a Rosewood rule, but a State of New Hampshire Liquor Law. We feel the need to comply.

"Flat, firm pillows". We supply additional pillows in each guest room's closet. Not everyone enjoys the same firmness or softness to their pillows. We do sincerely try to please everyone.

Again, I and the staff are very sorry that you felt your stay with us was only “ordinary” and we hope that you'll give us another opportunity to make things perfect. Please call me at your earliest convenience and we'll make arrangements for a complimentary stay in the very near future.
Lesley

Reviewed 7 July 2013

We spent the weekend at this wonderful inn. Everything about our stay was perfect. Leslie is very personable and attended to all our needs. We felt very comfortable and relaxed during our stay. We are looking forward to our next trip to this area and will definitely stay at this lovely inn again.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review. It was a truely a pleasure to have here you here and the staff and I hope to see you both again soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

This is the perfect place to go if you are looking for a romantic place away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. We stayed in the nathaniel hawthorn suite. We were greeted by Leslie, the owner who also makes a fantastic breakfast, she answered some of our questions and was very helpful and kind as we were escorted to our room. We had a sparkling cider and tapas waiting for us as part of our package. Our room was adorable and super clean. We also had a jacuzzi tub in the room. Breakfast is provided and the service and food are both very good. We basically felt as if all our needs were met and we could just relax and enjoy ourselves. ....side note the grounds are also incredibly beautiful.

Room Tip: Nathaniel suite has room with jacuzzi in it...all other suites have jacuzzi in bathroom
Reviewed 11 March 2013

inn was perfect in every way;;clean;romantic;comfortable and imagery everywhere ie snow trails;deer;and impectably decrorated rooms . staff was smiling and most helpfull and free room upgade was unexpected. we love leslies personality and her cooking is unmatched;appeitizores and breakfast. A real couples retreat we recommend to anyone who needs to reenergzy from our busy lifes;.try it ull like it alot;;paul wakefield,ma

Room Tip: jacuzzi in room a must
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradford
Centennial Hotel
#1 of 6 in New London
Follansbee Inn
Follansbee Inn
#1 of 2 in Sutton

Been to Rosewood Country Inn? Share your experiences!