Trail Conditions: What if the ruts were filled in, and the rocks and roots covered?
That's mid-winter hiking. You don't need snow shoes. Light crampons will do it.
And more: the trees make a wind lee and the streams are frozen solid for crossing.
1. It would be nice to have an electric vehicle charging station.
2. Bretton Woods senior lift tickets are cheaper at the ski area than at the lodge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AMC's Highland Center at Crawford Notch, our newest four-season lodge and outdoor education center, offers a broad range of accommodations and walk-on programs, along with backdoor access to a variety of outdoor activities. The Highland Center is an ideal starting point for day hikes, paddling, snowshoe treks, and longer back country trips in the White Mountains. All-inclusive lodging packages are offered year-round and include meals, free walk-on nature programs, and free use of the L.L. Bean gear room. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Highland Center Lodge At Crawford Notch Hotel Bretton Woods
- Highland Center Lodge At Crawford Notch Bretton Woods, New Hampshire