We spent a delightful long weekend with our 18-year-old son at this historic Grand Hotel on the edge of Bretton Woods Ski Resort. The scenic location, architecture, reproduction decor, and on-site amenities made our stay a wonderful treat.
Most guests are here to enjoy the outdoor sports accessible by stepping outside or taking a quick shuttle ride. We all got a good workout, then relaxed in the outdoor heated pool (we stayed warm in it for half an hour and then dunked in the indoor hot tub) and the super-relaxing spa. Our visit was just after U.S. school vacation week, so there were not too many small children.
The common areas were spacious, comfortable, and welcoming, with service for drinks. Each night, we enjoyed a drink and a games of chess there, or watched sports in the bar overlooking the mountain range.
Our accommodations were roomy and comfortable with two wing chairs. The only negative was that we didn't get the hang of the heat controls. Even though we opened the window, we were a bit warm at night, but not so much that we remembered to ask the staff. I was woken up once by a group coming in after midnight, talking loudly in the hallway, but otherwise noise was not an issue.
The Stay-and-Ski packages are a deal! Next time, we won't include the four course meal in the main dining room every night, we'd choose activities instead. It was delicious, but one or two nights, a la carte, would be plenty. We gained weight!
Heed the email confirmation and make dinner reservations ahead. We were glad we did, because the place was full on the weekend.
The best thing about this place was that there was so much for the three of us to have a great time doing together and individually. We felt pampered and had a great time as a family. It was relaxing and FUN, and we'd love to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The four-diamond Omni Mount Washington Resort in Bretton Woods, New Hampshire offers a year-round escape just 2½ hours from Boston in NH’s majestic White Mountains! Enjoy a full-service spa, year-round canopy tour, alpine and nordic skiing at Bretton Woods, the 18-hole restored Donald Ross golf course and a wealth of indoor and outdoor pastimes. Come discover our recent $60 million renovation, fine and casual dining, endless recreational pursuits and breathtaking scenery. Grand Hotel, cozy Inn, modern Lodge and convenient Townhomes available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Omni Mount Washington Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Omni Mount Washington Hotel Bretton Woods
- Mt Washington Hotel Nh
- Hotel Mount Washington
- Omni Mount Washington Resort Bretton Woods, New Hampshire