“Great all around experience”

Omni Mount Washington Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bretton Woods
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My husband and I spent several days at the Mt. Washington Hotel, and it could not have been a better experience. A wonderful location for a special celebration, and everything from Hotel amenities to meals and service superb!

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Write a ReviewReviews (3,849)

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Our stay was from Sat. 6/7 - Mon. 6/9. My husband surprised me by taking me to the hotel as a birthday gift. From the minute we drove in, it was an experience! The grounds were gorgeous! A majestic drive and concierge/valet were ready and waiting to help the moment we stepped out of the car! Entering the hotel felt like we were in a royal palace and we were treated that way as well. Gorgeous surroundings, amazing food, the most friendly, genuine and accommodating staff! We asked when the outdoor fire pit was going to come on, moments later we saw staff lighting it.. just because we asked! The rooms were exactly as shown on the web site.. even better, actually! The pics don't do it justice! Stickney's was delicious and the food was presented beautifully! The main dining room was exquisite, and furnished with the original furniture from when the resort opened in 1902. Most of the furnishings are original as well! Take the free tour too! Learned so much about the hotel.. I enjoyed a massage at the spa, which is like you are going into your own little world.. located away from the hustle and bustle of the rest of the hotel.. It was fantastic in every way! This is a truly world class establishment and WELL WORTH the money. I wish we could have stayed for a week! Treat yourself to a weekend there, you will not be disappointed! I don't think I could find any faults if you asked me to! Enjoy!

Room Tip: We were in a room with 1 King sized bed.. plenty of room!
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Returning from a 3 day weekend at the Omni Resort in MT Washington N. Hampshire, what a wonderful time we had, the Hotel is an historical place in itself, the staff just makes your stay that much more rewarding, many things to do & then again you can do nothing & feel so pampered. Dining, swimming & sight seeing were checked off our list, then relaxing on any porch of the hotel with beautiful views of the mountains,, just fabulous!!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Mt Washington Resort has stunning views of the White Mountains, amazing old world architecture and old fashioned customer service like you don't find anymore. The food in the dining room is to die for. I couldn't have been more pleased with my stay. The Mt Washington Resort should be on everyone's bucket list!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Love this place. If you want a place to relax and be pampered this is it. The mountain views are spectacular.Hotel staff is just awesome. Service staff is great and just will make you feel special. Food is wonderful.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Only spent one night, so a quick review. The property is a grand old hotel, but don't let that scare you. The previous and current owners are doing a lot to modernize without losing the history, and to my eye they're doing a great job.

Our one night was a gift from our kids on a groupon, so not sure what they paid. we had a "traditional Queen" room, their smallest , "lowest price" room. But it was still very nice. Comfy bed, plenty of hot water and pressure, only thing I'd change is there was no night light in the bath, and the bath was so close to the bed when you turned on the light it might wake your partner. Nit picking for sure.

Only negative I can find is make sure if you need a quiet room, ask for one away from the rear veranda. There was a loud group there late into the night, and that was a problem for my spouse.

The staff was universally friendly. Didn't have a chance to use the spa or the pools, but they looked nice.

Room Tip: stay way from the rear veranda side if you need quiet
1  Thank Thomas C
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This was a groupon so we decided to try it for the price and a quick get away. We tried to checked in to this amazing place after a long 6 hour drive. Our room was not ready, but they took our # and called within 10 minutes. Our room was on the first floor, with a view of the mountains, which I had requested. It was a queen room and was large enough. What a view!! The room had a very large bathroom and all the amenities of a grand hotel. Be warned that unless the AC is on you can hear people in the next room loud and clear! It freaked me out a bit (but we were checking out that morning so I let it go). We went to the 3PM Hotel tour and we were a bit disappointed as it must have been the poor girls first tour. She did not know all her facts and we could barely hear her! She was very sweet but very nervous. I had heard that this was a highlight and it wasn't. They really should make sure whoever gives the tour really knows their stuff. The Hotel was not very full at all, so all of the things I read about were not happening-no entertainment and just not a lot going on. But the beautiful verandah and the comfy chairs made up for it. I could have sat there forever looking out over the view with a cup of their amazing tea. We ate at Stickney's for dinner and the main dining room for breakfast. Stickney's was pretty good and the breakfast was superb. They really try their best to accommodate your every need. We did the canopy tour zip lining and loved it (see my other review)
We would definitely come back someday!!

Room Tip: ask for a view of the presidential range
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bretton Woods
Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club
Bear Mountain Lodge
Bear Mountain Lodge
#1 of 8 in Bethlehem

Been to Omni Mount Washington Resort? Share your experiences!