“I wish I could give more than five stars!”

A Newfound Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 4 Bristol B&B and Inns
Setauket, New York
“I wish I could give more than five stars!”
Reviewed 5 March 2013 via mobile

Visiting the Lakes region of New Hampshire for the first time, we chose "A Newfound Bed and Breakfast" for a relaxing and romantic winter escape. We were beyond pleased with our decision. When Sondra created this very unique place, she took "bed and breakfast" to a whole new level. Our room was lovely. The view from the living area, kitchen, and breakfast room was magnificent; and the companionship was extremely warm and helpful. Sondra outdid herself every morning with her gourmet breakfasts. We felt like we were eating a posh Sunday brunch every day, and we did not feel hungry until lunchtime.

Her referrals for food and activities led us to meet even more people who were friendly and hospitable. Anyone we encountered in the Bristol area went out of their way to make sure we were happy with our vacation experience.

If you are interested in enjoying the White Mountains area, a drive of an hour or so will get you there. Then at the end of a long, tiring day having lots of fun skiing, tubing, or hiking, you can plop down in front of the fireplace and have coffee or cocoa, and some irresistible chocolate chip cookies. Fruit, nuts, and other snacks are available as well, all included in the price of the room. A lot of extras are included, adding to to exceptional value of this place.

I can't say enough about A Newfound Bed and Breakfast. We are encouraging all our friends to experience it for themselves.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank janmarie1013
ANewfoundBNB, Owner at A Newfound Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Thank you very much for the incredible review. It is great to know that I am accomplishing my goal of providing an experience that my guests will remember for a very long time. It also helps to be in an area where the local people are so pleasant too. Look forward to seeing you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Hebrew first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 January 2013

If you are looking for a romantic getaway with a PHENOMENAL view, look no further. We stayed in the Newfound room, equipped with wonderful bed, enormous jacuzzi, wood-burning fireplace (they supplied duraflame logs), and large windows (and private deck) overlooking a beautiful lake and mountain range, but every room had its own special features. As other reviewers said, Sondra, the owner, has outdone herself with the special touches all over the b & b. From the tea and keurig coffee station, to the baked goods awaiting your arrival, to the relaxation CDs in each room, to the extensive DVD and book selection...it made our visit comfortable and special.
Our Subaru had no trouble driving up the sometimes steep road up to the b&b. Once there, you are transported to a world away from the bustle of busy lives. Although it was the middle of winter, you could tell the grounds were beautiful.
Breakfast consisted of poached grapefruit, a roasted asparagus frittata, blueberry maple sausage, and homeade mushroom homefries....delicious.
Overall a lovely, relaxing getaway. if only we could transport ourselves back there now....

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JP-writer
Thank you for your review. It is good to know that the variety of amenities we provide are meeting guests needs. Relaxation, romance and comfort is some of our goals.
Plymouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 January 2013

A Newfound piece of Heaven is what we found and we will definitely return. This is without a doubt Sondra's life calling. She greeted us when we arrived and gave us the tour. We arrived on a Thursday and had the whole place to ourselves. She had baked yummee treats for us to enjoy and we did! She has an extensive tea and coffee selection for every taste. The place is warm, cozy, and romantic. The views of the landscape and lake are spectacular. The breakfasts are gourmet and she is more than accommodating. We stayed in The Cardigan room and loved every minute. We spent time out in the main house enjoying the view, fireplace, music and games. The attention to detail is amazing. She really offers something for everyone. Sondra makes it clear this is your house, but do not clean! So don't even think of doing dishes. She made me pinky swear:-) She was very helpful with suggestions to enjoy local activities. I could go on forever, but YOU NEED TO EXPERIENCE IT YOURSELF!!!! We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MissErin1
Thank you for the review! I am glad you enjoyed "my favorite" room. I know guests have difficulty sticking with the house rule of not cleaning up after themselves. I am glad that they do follow through, I enjoy doing that stuff. I also enjoy the company of all my guests. It is always sad when you leave, looking forward to your next visit :)
Canterbury, New Hampshire
Reviewed 4 November 2012

We were pleasantly surprised to have found this wonderful location that allows pets and regards them as we do like one of the family. Sondra was the perfect hostess in this beautiful home which is decorated to the tee and has many special amenities. Candles, inviting fires, coffee and tea all at our disposal and warm chocolate chip cookies for an evening snack. The views were fabulous, and breakfast was incredible. A great spot to celebrate our anniversary then head out the next day for a challenging hike up the Holt trail to the summit of Cardigan mountain. We highly recommend it and will be sure to go back again with friends!

Room Tip: Stayed in the Newfound room, but all the rooms have beautiful views of the lakes and mountains.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank s-ksmalley
Winthrop, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 October 2012

I feel the need to spread the word about this wonderful place that I discovered, it just wouldn't be right of me NOT to share this luxurious mountain retreat with someone else in my position of trying to find a beautifully decorated, cozy, relaxing location to hold a small ceremony/wine and cheese reception before going out to dinner, this place was PERFECT!!

I recently held a small wedding (10 people) at the Newfound Bed & Breakfast. I could never have imagined how breathtakingly gorgeous and special this place is, but when I finally saw it in person I knew I had made the right choice! I could never have found a more suitable place to create beautiful memories and enjoy the beautiful view, the lake and surrounding mountains are outrageously amazing!! They have an arbor made from birch wood (with bark, it's gorgeous!) on their patio with an amazing view and it all looked stunning for our special day!

The grounds at Newfound B&B are absolutely stunning, there are beautiful birch trees, a tractor that we used to take pictures, a frog pond, hammock, fire pit, garden with a bench, well and water fountain, all very beautifully decorated. For wedding preparation, there are plenty of hair salons within a short drive of the B&B, and there are lots of local restaurants to choose from for dinner.

I could not have asked for a better experience. The Innkeeper Sondra was so helpful to us in all of our preparations, and it was great to have a gourmet breakfast prepared for you each morning!! Sondra is amazing and we are so lucky that she was there to ensure that everything ran smoothly for us!! She made an amazingly special day that much more special and stress free for me and I can't thank her enough!!

I can't wait to go back to A Newfound Bed & Breakfast, before we were even married we were already planning to come back here to celebrate our anniversary every year!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laura R
Milford, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 October 2012

And, this was one of those times! A Newfound Bed & Breakfast, owned, and run by Sondra Keene is a delectable mix of comfort, modernity, old world charm, expansive views, and stomach expanding breakfasts. Miti, my wife, and I were immediately drawn to the place within the first few minutes of meeting Sondra. She came across as a nice human being, always welcoming, not fazed by odd requests, and has that rare quality of putting people at ease. She also has the knack of feeding the hungry masses with a killer morning repast that should be re-named "breakfast and fast" for its ability to keep one going far into the day!

We stayed in "The Birches" room, and found it cozy, warm, and comfortable. We did not want for anything. The common indoor areas are large, and well appointed, so that even with a full house we did not feel crowded-in. The well-kept grounds complete with walkways and a kitchen garden invites one to step outside. Oh, did I mention the view of Newfound lake, and the mountain range?

Miti, and I agreed on our way down the mountain at the end of our stay, "we will be back, and for a longer stay."

- Cariappa

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cariappa_A
Germantown, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 September 2012

This is by far one of the most superb places we have ever stayed. Not only is the location and the view beyond words in it's beauty and serenity, but Sondra is one of the most accommodating hosts we have ever met. She made sure that everything we might want or think about was taken care of before we could even ask, she gave fabulous ideas for things to do that suited our style and also great restaurant recommendations. Her breakfasts and homemade snacks were delicious. We stayed in the Newfound room on the main floor for 4 nights and we had a hard time leaving there. We truly felt like it was a home away from home and we highly recommend this.

Room Tip: From what we could tell, there is not a bad room in the place.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stephwall
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Plymouth
#2 of 3 in Holderness
Ballard House Inn
Ballard House Inn
#1 of 6 in Meredith

Been to A Newfound Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!