“Fantastic stay - wish we could have stayed longer”

A Newfound Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 4 Bristol B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I won our stay at a fundraising silent auction. I was unsure I would be able to book a summer stay with my gift certificate and was surprised by how accommodating Sondra was even when I needed to cancel and reschedule our stay in the summer season... Then, on arrival I was delighted by the accommodations, which I considered to be luxurious, and they were coupled with stunning views with plenty of public and private places to enjoy them indoors and out. Sondra had a bonfire for us in the evening and lots of delicious treats available if we wanted them including fresh black raspberries she had picked from her own gardens on premises.

Breakfast was creative, tasty and filling. The only recommendations I have for future guests is to plan a stay longer stay than one day so you can enjoy all there is to offer there, and make sure you have directions on how to find A Newfound B&B. It is tucked away on some country road, and hard to find without directions even with GPS... but it is worth the find!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melann61

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We had a recent one night stay here (would have loved a longer time) in the Cardigan room which was just lovely and included a jacuzzi tub and separate shower. The special touches that Sondra has throughout the B&B were so unique and very well done. The Great Room had an open loft area that had game areas, computer, wifi, reading materials and a walkway that led to a deck.The house has multiple decks that overlook Newfound Lake and Cardigan mountain. We enjoyed the sunset over the mountain ridges for a relaxing evening. Breakfast on the deck off the beautiful kitchen was delightful. the grounds are a beautiful mix of flowers, shrubs, outdoor patios and even a pond and a labyrinth.They also welcome dogs and the resident dog, Bernie, a beauty of a Bernese Mountain dog is so friendly. The only thing I was concerned with was that it is on a hillside that is off two unpaved roads (very secluded) and initially thought we had not been on the right road.But once we spotted a sign for it it was just around the corner.I was glad we weren't driving in the dark.Looking forward to returning for the fall foliage season as the view would be even more spectacular. The area of Newfound Lake in Bristol was beautiful also.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This was my first time taking my two pugs to a B&B and when looking at other places, it seemed that the norm was that dogs couldn't go into main lobbies, decks, public places etc... So when I booked this place I was initially really nervous that my dogs would cross into a "no dogs allowed" part of the place, but Sondra was so welcoming and I quickly learned that this place was TRUELY dog friendly and didn't have the same restrictions as other places. My pugs loved roaming the beautiful grounds, enjoying the morning sun on the deck and snacking on a few homemade dog treats in the kitchen. The location is unbeatable. Located high up on a mountain, overlooking the lake with breathtaking sunsets, you could not ask for a more picturesque way to end your day. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, we stayed in the Birches, and it was fully stocked with everything you could possibly need, even down to q-tips, which as someone who travels a lot this was a nice touch. The breakfast was unbelievable, and Sondra even caters to special dietary concerns and made me a special breakfast sandwich to match my vegetarian diet, which was delicious. She also had fresh made cookies, brownies candy and coffee available for guests anytime they wanted. The house was beautiful, wonderfully decorated and the many decks and outside seating areas made it the perfect place to relax and get away from it all, while still having everything you need right at your fingertips. if you are looking to stay in the Bristol area, you NEED to stay here, you will not be disappointed, especially if you have pets. I can't wait to go back.

4  Thank Rachael L
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My wife and I only stayed one night, but it was terrific. We had the "honeymoon suite" that was bascially a 2 room area with a private deck with tremendous views overlooking Newfound Lake and the surrounding mountains. Very clean and comfortable accomodations which included a two person hot tub in our room. The whole B&B is decorated very nicely wiht a mix of rustic and modern and Sondra is a terrific host. Breakfast was very good and the grounds are nice to walk around. We will be repeat visitors to this homey place up on the hill! If you like having panoramic views, this is the place. Very relaxing out on the deck or at the fire place on the patio.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Had a great relaxing time here. The place is great we had the perfect room for the sunset. Very comfortable beds. Sondra makes the best breakfast, she even catered to my husbands special diet. Want to go back.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Newfound B&B on our wedding night. This was a perfect way to end our special day. We stayed in the Cardigan Suite and the bed was so comfortable we did not want to get up the next morning. The shower and spa tub were also a bonus! When we finally did get ourselves out of bed we enjoyed coffee on the deck and took in the amazing views of Newfound Lake. Sondra made a delicious breakfast and made us feel like we were right at home. It was nice visiting with her and her handsome dog Bernie! We had a great stay and can't wait to go back next year to celebrate our one year anniversary together. Thank you Sondra!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This Inn is beautiful! We had just gotten married and wanted to spend a night away from the city, so we came here for a night. We had the whole place to ourselves!! Amazing views, and wonderful hospitality. Sondra makes the BEST breakfast ever! Also Kathleen's Cottage, an Irish pub down the street is delicious! We went for lunch and dinner. The only thing I suggest is spending more than 1 night here!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
Common Man Inn & Spa
Glynn House Inn
Glynn House Inn
#1 of 2 in Ashland
Coppertoppe Inn & Retreat Center

Been to A Newfound Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!