“Good Eats Good People by The Historic Blair Bridge. on& off I 93 e”

Covered Bridge Farm Table
Ranked #3 of 10 Restaurants in Campton
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Kids, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: n/a
Meriden, Connecticut
“Good Eats Good People by The Historic Blair Bridge. on& off I 93 e”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This was the day before I returned home. My sister and I had done some light shopping in Plymouth. The diner we were going to is closed for renovations. Not having many choices my sister said would you like to try the Country Cow which happened to be right across the street from my hotel, just before the Historic Blair Bridge. What a great surprise! The bartender/server John Scott is an absolute gem. He had us laughing from the get go. I ordered the Nacho Burgher without the bun. It was topped with homemade chili, cheddar & jalapenos. It also came with fries and a pickle. My sister had a bowl of chili served in a crock with melted cheddar cheese and nacho chips. They have an extensive menu with impressive dinner entrees. I look forward to going back there with my husband & perhaps extended family. There is a pool table & game portion that looked like fun. The Country Cow is located at exit 27 off I 93 north & southbound. Just cross over Route 3 and your there.

• Visited March 2014

Campton, New Hampshire
“some good some just ok”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

The setting is excuisite, in the past have dined on the outside patio in the restaurant on the main floor and down on the lower level to hear bands play. The food is usually edible, the prices are
Moderate. The dining room coud stand some upgrade to pick up the appearance rugs etc
And the bath could use ongoing attention. Location has potential to rise above the mediocre
B
To something special like it was 30 years ago as the covered bridge in the 70s!

• Visited March 2014
Jennysoprano, Front Office Manager at Covered Bridge Farm Table, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you for your review James. We take our customer's comments and advice very seriously and strive to keep them happy. We will be closing the last week in April for some upgrades one being our bathrooms on the main floor. As for our dining room it just received a huge transformation back in November when brand new wood floors were installed from the dark dingy carpeting that was there before. We have been praised on the new floor and our customers can't stop talking about how beautiful they are. Just throwing rugs or carpeting over it would hide the beauty it entails, although we appreciate your opinion. Since 2002 when the Country Cow bought the location there have been numerous upgrades to the property and building to make it better than it was when first being built in 1978. The dining room porch went from screen to glass, an 800 square foot addition was added to the bar, the outdoor patio was built and so on. In 2011 Hurricane Irene flooded our lower level 5 feet which called thousands of dollars in repairs. Those are only things our customers could physically see. The building itself has needed many expensive upgrades from plumbing and heating, kitchen equipment, pipes, septic, refrigeration and the list goes on. Hey everything was better in the 70's than it is today wouldn't ya say??? Thanks again for your "opinion."
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“ok”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

food was ok nothing special. same for the bartender, he was a bit of a snob. next time we will try the mad river tavern. live and learn.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank mike b
Jennysoprano, Front Office Manager at Covered Bridge Farm Table, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
We are sorry you did not have a good experience at The Country Cow. We always appreciate the positive as well as negative comments and feel it makes us strive to be better as well as correct the problems. If you don't mind me asking what did you have to eat? And can you tell me the exact date you dined with us? Thank you and we do appreciate it. We hope you give us another chance in the future.
Montreal, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good eats people!”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Loved the food. Loved the people, and I loved the locals. Lots of love going around. I was able to walk across the street. That being said I was able to enjoy myself with a few drinks and not worry about driving.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Cathy M
Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts
“kind of gross”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Overpriced & dirty. Probably ok for a drink at the bar, but would not recommend for families unless it's your only option. Wait staff was nice

Visited October 2013