“something for everyone.”

Seal Beach, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“something for everyone.”
Reviewed 27 March 2013

We were so impressed with this beautiful shop, and the owner is so sweet and helpful, so many things, I could spend hours and hours shoping there,
never seen so many great items , purchised some beautiful jewelry and clothing and some gifts for my family. Everything was first quality. I loved all the antiques. You can tell this sweet lady has surely been all over the world, and love her english acent. I don't know anyone would say all her items are from the dump. Anyway who ever wrote such a bad review, is just a sicky. I give this shop 5 stars

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Dorothy M
Panther1973, Owner at The Chalet Antiques Barn & Museum, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
Thank you very much for your review of the Chalet shop & Barn.
It is always a pleasure for me to show appreciative guests around and to know that they enjoy themselves .
I treasure my customers and always work with them should they have any special requests.
Please visit again and take advantage of our sales sections ,we run them throughout our whole season.
Meg Miller.

Derry, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A GREAT PLACE TO VISIT BLEW ME AWAY SELF CONTAINED ACCOMODATION AS WELL”
Reviewed 16 January 2013

" THE CHALET ANTIQUES AND BARN.
Quote....
This place blew me away, it looks small from the outside but that,s deceiving b/cos
once you step inside it opens up to two floors of amazing collectables from all over the world.
It even has a museum upstairs from Alaska ! with stuff like a one million year old
mastadon tooth ,Inuit seal skin baby diapers, hand crafted tools over 200 yrs old , etc.
At the back of the shop is a small barn full of really good pieces , inc furn and lamps made
from unusual items, one of a kind items.
The lady who owns it is my cousin from England i am very proud to say that,
she makes every one really welcome and even has a guest apartment which is where i stayed.
I hiked down to take photo,s of the water fall at the back of her shop..amazing .
There is so much to look at in the shop i had to keep going back in there to take it all in.
Jewelery, new and vintage , at some really great prices, German clocks from the Black Forest where i was several yrs ago, i was a bit nervous about being around all the glass ware and china , however i escaped to the clearance shed full of goodies which was more my speed.
I cant wait to go back again and next time my sister will be with me and she i suppose will
pounce on the fashion racks and the jewelery.
If you want a adventure ,and a bargain you have to check this place out.
Say hi to the grizzly bear outside the shop on ya way in !.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank padge394
Panther1973, Owner at The Chalet Antiques Barn & Museum, responded to this review, 4 November 2014
I am very happy you enjoyed your vacation here in N.H and found US !, we strive to be different and we pay attention to all the feed back we get so we can make changes and stock what people are searching for .'
It,s a great shame you will not be here for the 8th and 9th of November as we are having a ( Open Doors event ) with many discounts across the board and a lottery to win a $50.00 gift voucher here we will also be taking off 40% from our German range of Nutcrackers and Smokers , i hope you will consider us on your next trip out and stay with us again , you were a perfect guest and we appreciate that , thank you again.
ashland,nh
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“one-of-a-kind enchanting shop”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

-Tired of the mall and everything being the same old thing? Try the Chalet.et Shop is for you!There seems to be one of everything,elegantly displayed as only Meg (the proprieter) can do. There'sots of wonderful antiques and GORGEOUS jewels.The walk way to the barn (full of antiques and "boy things") is flaked by a beautiful river that has a great waterfall and sounds are amazing! I almost forgot,(how couldI) the Alaskan museum with some actual artifacts for sale.Like I tell everyone..something for everyone and a great afternoon.excursion not too far off the beaten path..but just enough to really get something SPECIAL!

Visited September 2011
1 Thank caryn k
Panther1973, Owner at The Chalet Antiques Barn & Museum, responded to this review, 17 February 2015
Hello, you did not say when you visited?, however, when you return please let me know that it was you who did a review on this site and get 10% off your next purchase , even a sale item !, how cool is that . Thank you for visiting The Chalet Shop & Barn.
Concord, New Hampshire
“Fun Place to visit and shop”
Reviewed 25 August 2011

A really unique shop, my wife and I enjoyed the variety, the pricing was terrific, and the Museum was worth the trip. Quite a varied assortment of all kinds of products from furniture, to jewelry and everything in between, clothing also. We enjoyed looking at all the offerings, and selected some fine furnishings and jewelry. Definitely worth the trip off the beaten path. The barn in the back of the shop is full of unique furniture and comemaratives
Although we did not stay there, there is a quaint , peaceful and private efficiency apartment on site as well

Visited October 2010
Panther1973, Owner at The Chalet Antiques Barn & Museum, responded to this review, 21 September 2014
Thank you for your visit , we so appreciate that .
Next time your,e in our neighborhood ,please stop by again, the stock changes on a regular basis and we always have sale items available .
Meg Miller, ( owner ).
uk
“you must visit this place!! holiday accom available too”
Reviewed 23 April 2011

great shop with a friendly english lady, antiques, hand restored furniture, vintage and estate, jewellery and hat pins, perfect to pick up a gift for yourswlf or that special some one! Great for an explore or a longer stay, fantastic self contained accomodation, beautiful views and covered bridges,plenty to do in the area and resturants available.
i 93 exit 27 across route 3, at the country cow resturant head straight under blair covered bridge to the top of blair rd, turn left onto route 175 north, the chalet is on ther right at the top of the hill, big brown bear out front...happy travels!!

Visited July 2010
Panther1973, Owner at The Chalet Antiques Barn & Museum, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Thank you for your visit to The Chalet Shop and Barn, we were very glad you found some treasures to take back to England, and that you enjoyed your stay in our guest apartment.
If you ever decide to return ?, returning guests get a discount on their stay over.
We are currently having a 50% off all stock sale ,inc our immense collections of jewelery,and German goods.
We will be delighted to welcome you back at any time,and of course serve you the Full English breakfast you enjoyed so much on your previous stay.
Again, Thank you.
Sincerely. The chalet Shop,( Europe in the heart of N.H )