“customer service was terific”
Review of Days Inn Campton

Days Inn Campton
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Campton
Yarmouth
“customer service was terific”
Reviewed 1 October 2008

The room fit my needs. There is a good size refrigerator in the room. The desk agents were there for any needs you had. I thought they did what they could to make our stay comfortable. They have a decent continental breakfast. The location was right off the highway and very close to attractions.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — old
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Hebrew first
Newport, Wales
Reviewed 30 September 2008

Good, clean and practical for the leaf peepers to visit the Winnipesaukee Lakes. Even Better value if you use the travel coupons. Friendly Staff. What more do you want!\
Nathan

• Liked — The convenience of location
  • Disliked — None
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
nh
Reviewed 21 September 2008

Finding most other hotels in the area booked, we made reservations for the weekend here. We were in the area for an event at Loon, and while the location was convenient, the facilities here were quite dissappointing. The room was realtively clean, but the smell of smoke/mildew was evident throughout the building, even though we were in a non-smoking room. We were looking forward to swimming in the "heated" pool, using the hot tub and sauna, but found the pool too cold to tolerate, the hot tub had a definite mildew smell and black ring just above the waterline, and the benches in the sauna felt as though we could fall through at any moment, not very relaxing!!
We got up the first morning to get ready for our event only to find the hotel had NO hot water, not being able to shower in the morning definitely left us unhappy. Yes, there is a breakfast buffet, but crowding into a small area for coffee with powdered creamer and english muffins was not appealing for our family. I don't plan on coming back next year.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank NHnativesNH
DaysInnCampton, Owner Manager at Days Inn Campton, responded to this review, 2 February 2009
We have put in new wallpaper so that should lower the mildew smell. We have assign a maintenance man to clean the pool regularly and reinforced the sauna bench. The hot water must have ran out because it was a busy weekend when everyone wants to shower and eat breakfast the same times.

Travellers are raving about these Campton hotels

connecticut
Reviewed 6 September 2008

We had a destination wedding over the Labor Day weekend (2008) with fifty guests. Keith, Sho and Ron were the most accommodating staff members we could ever have hoped for. This could have been a nightmare; instead it was a delight. We will definitely stay here again, as we come to the area a few times a year.

Thanks for all your help guys!

Howard Satinsky
Deb Rolfe

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008
East Coast
Reviewed 22 August 2008

Excellent service, very attentive and gracious! Hotel staff went out of their way to make me and my guests feel welcome. I would gladly return to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
DaysInnCampton, Owner Manager at Days Inn Campton, responded to this review, 12 January 2009
Thank you so much, we try our best to treat everyone well. If there is something wrong, please just let us know and we will solve it. This is a 30 years old building, so If you don't let us know what is wrong we cannot fix it.
upstate,NY
Reviewed 19 August 2008

My girlfriend and I found ourselves desperately searching for a place to stay in the White Mountains of New Hampshire on a busy August weekend. Every hotel/motel/bed&breakfast was full. The only place we could find was the Days Inn of Campton, NH. Now we know why... The room stunk of mildew, and stale smoke. There were multiple spider sightings throughout our stay of one night(thank god). And to top it off, there were hairs in the bathtub, and on the toilet. The bathtub would not drain, so after a five minute shower there was water up to my shins. If the room was not bad enough, the continental breakfast was served with Folgers coffee, and Sunny-D. Mmm-mm good!

p.s. did I mention the room was disgusting; I wish I took pics
NOTE: We are not snobs, we've stayed in plenty of Days Inn motels before, with pleasant experiences.

• Liked — 50 yards from interstate
  • Disliked — cleanliness; p.s. wireless internet was out of order
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank adktreker
obertron, Owner Manager at Days Inn Campton, responded to this review, 26 August 2008
I sent the guest a message using tripadvisor.com and hope the guest will reply back to me. I offered discount and more details. I think what happened is that most of the rooms were probably sold out and maybe the guest end up having to take a smoking room. I admit there could have been room that was not perfect because the housekeeper were in a hurry to finish them for this unexpected busy weekend. That sat morning we were only expecting 50 rooms to be in house, and when the day ended we had 87 rooms sold. I do thank the guest for at least posting the comment so I can follow up.
salem, ma
Reviewed 19 August 2008

The stay at the days inn, campton was awesome. The staff was extremely nice. The management took the time to introduce themselves to us and went out of their way to make me feel comfortable. I truely felt like I was at home. The rate was very resonable for the area. From now on when I go to the White Mountains I know were we will be staying. Days Inn, Campton rules.

• Liked — the staff and management made me feel like I was at home
  • Disliked — nothing every thing was great
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you, I want to have everyone arrive smiling and leave smiling as well.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Campton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lincoln East - White Mountains
#20 of 20 in Lincoln
Pilgrim Inn and Cottages
Pilgrim Inn and Cottages
#3 of 10 in Plymouth

Been to Days Inn Campton? Share your experiences!