“Good place, part of our yearly tradition”
Review of Mad River Tavern

Mad River Tavern
Ranked #4 of 11 Restaurants in Campton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 4 March 2014

It's a tradition of ours to stop for lunch at the Mad River Tavern in Campton on our way home from our yearly ski trip to Waterville Valley. We enjoy the atmosphere and menu selections. The food is very good and has a home cooked quality about it. The service can be slow at times, but we're never in a rush when we're there so it doesn't bother us. They used to have nice Sunday brunch menu but they discontinued that a couple of years ago which is kind of disappointing. However, we do still enjoy their lunch menu and we've never had bad meal there. We definitely plan to keep Mad River as a regular part of our yearly trip to Waterville!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Sandwiches were good. Cup of soup was tiny for $4.50.
Other peoples meals looked ok.
Got a grilled chicken w/ bacon and cheese . pretty good
I enjoyed their fries and onion rings also.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Dirty table ... get your own popcorn. Disgustingly soggy sandwich. Waitress that never returned. Ugh. Will not go back.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Nice, perfect dinner spot after a day enjoying the outdoors in NH. Food was good, not great, but good. Friendly service, nice night - definitely recommend.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

We were looking for a place to stop for dinner on our way up to NH. I picked Campton as a stopping point at random, and Mad River Tavern popped up first in my online search for restaurants. I decided we should just go for it and not dither---and what a right decision that was! The place lives up to its name in terms of ambience---very tavern-like, cozy, warm, lots of wood. The bar area had a live band, so we opted for the dining room. I had the home-made veggie burger----easily the best I've had in a restaurant. My husband had a burger and was really pleased with it, and it also arrived rare just as he asked. We both had sweet potato fries--yum. My 6 yr old had the ravioli with marinara, and they were delicious. Not sure if they were made in-house, but they were really good.
The waitstaff were all polite, friendly, and smiling. Very welcoming.
The place is very family friendly, but could also be great for a romantic tete a tete.
We will definitely be stopping here on our way up to NH again.