“Will not be returning to this restaurant”
Review of Sunset Grill

Sunset Grill
Ranked #6 of 11 Restaurants in Campton
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I have been going to this restaurant for years. Its had its ups and downs in food and service but never as bad as today. I was served soured cole slaw. When I told the waitress, she responded that it was made today, that it was fresh. I encouraged her try it. She came back and told me it was indeed soured. Of course, that taste had ruined my meal and the thought of eating anything else on the plate was ruined. She asked me if I wanted it packed to go. Really? I want soured food packed to go? In addition, when the bill came, the meal was still on it. The bad food and service did not make the lack of air-conditioning and dirty walls any more tolerable. I will not be returning. Its sad to see such a long standing establishment get so bad.

There are newer reviews for Sunset Grill

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I had just driven up from CT to NH and was tired. My sister met me at my hotel and she recommended the Sunset Grill. Our server Trish was very pleasant and patient because we couldn't decide on the choices. She did however bring our cocktails in short order. :) Neither of us wanted to eat 'heavy'. She explained the crab cakes might not be what we expected and she was correct. They are more like crab fritters and extremely good as was the dinner fajitas. We had a booth which was very comfortable. I wound down from the drive quickly.

1  Thank Loretta P
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I have been to this Restaurant approx 4 times, the first time we went was just okay, i said , " maybe they,re having staffing problems ? ". The second time i was with 4 friends and we sat outside, the tables were dusty and the area around the tables was littered with bits of food and other peoples napkins etc. We left it a year..then tried again, inside this time as it was winter,
even worse, poor service, food presentation sloppy,and cold inside. So, Back we went again with a different set of friends ( at their request ), and the place had a air of general neglect and seemed sad, The umbrella,s and tables outside were ripped,dirty and the flowers in pots looked dead through lack of attention, so we sat inside in the small bar area , food was a long time coming even though the restaurant was semi empty, the wait staff did not seem to enjoy their work and no,one came to ask if we needed anything !. I will never go back, enough is enough.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I had good meals and ok meals depends on day. Like the bar side more than the restaurant, fresh fish on Fridays, great Ruben sandwich seems like they make their own meat, had the chicken wing fresh and tasty other times chicken was not fresh. reasonable brunch on Sundays.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Not realizing how busy NH would be on Columbus Day weekend, our family neglected to make any dinner reservations for Sat night. 2 hour waits everywhere on Main Street in Lincoln and Woodstock. Not good when you have 2 hungry kids. We decided to drive out of town a bit and stumbled across the Sunset Grill. I have to admit, we were originally turned off by the decor and initial atmosphere. Boy were we wrong. Our waitress was super nice and very competent (wish i got her name). I ordered the greek salad, not expecting much. It was more like a spinach salad, but delicious, fresh and a huge portion. My husband ordered the reuben sandwich...fresh, homemade, thick slices of pastrami, fresh sauerkraut. He said it was one of the best he's every had. Kids loved it especially the desserts. Fair prices and excellent service. We left happy and would probably go there again.

1  Thank iluvmv