“A Picturesque Restaurant with a Metropolitan Flair!”
Review of Mug by the Bay - CLOSED

Mug by the Bay
Cuisines: American
Description: It only opened on April 15 or 16, 2012
Description: It only opened on April 15 or 16, 2012
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Mug by the Bay is a wonderful restaurant that combines a refreshing metropolitan flair and excellent food and beverages with an amazing view of Lake Winnipesaukee! My mother and I frequently stop there for lunch while out running errands and we have never been disappointed. The selection of delicious salads, sandwiches and drinks are reminiscent of those that I have had at some of the nicer restaurants in New York, but the service and view is much better! I would highly recommend this little jewel of a restaurant!

1  Thank Leslie R

Reviewed 8 March 2013

This is our new go-to place for breakfast. The pancakes are huge and tasty. I also like being able to get a shot of kahlua in my coffee. It's a small place that can get crowded at times.

Reviewed 26 December 2012

We hadn't stopped at this small restaurant opposite the winter berth of the m/s Mount Washington in several years. Apparently new owners took over in April - and they're doing a wonderful job. The place looks spiffy with dark blue walls and holiday decor (we visited the day before Christmas). It feels like the new owners have considered everything from the individual menu offerings to the dishes - including an unusual one used to serve soups and chilis, with an attached mini-bowl to hold crackers or toppings for chili. We went for simple fare - a hamburger and grilled vegetarian wrap with goat cheese - but both were satisfying and came with the house-made potato chips. We'll definitely go back.

Reviewed 24 December 2012

We stopped in for a mid-week breakfast. The food was fair at best. Huge portions but way over priced. $35 dollars before tip for breakfast for 2 and we didn't even break anything. The most memorable moment was when I picked up the craft of imitation maple syrup and the plate it was on came with it because it was stuck to it from previously spilled/dripping syrup.

We'll go back and try it for dinner based on these reviews. Yelpsters have rated this place much lower and more inline with our assessment. I'll post another review after dinner.

Reviewed 20 December 2012

Located on Main road with a good view of the Big Lake. Service is very good and friendly. Food was enjoyable and at a fair price. Place is clean and the staff is fast and helpful.