“get the chips!”
Review of Canoe Restaurant

Canoe Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Canoe Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Whenever we come with friends we ALWAYS get the Canoe Chips for an appetizer (and usually ends up being my meal because they are so good). The meals are good and are a bit pricey, but most places in the area are.They also have a delicious drink menu and I recommend the pineapple upside down martini!

Reviewed 10 October 2013

We visited for lunch and although the restaurant had been highly recommended we thought it was good but not exceptional. I had lump crab cake (very small), with couscous and string beans, my husband had the Kobe beef with blue cheese which he thought was very good. Overall, a good lunch, reasonably priced.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

This restaurant in the heart of the Lakes Region of New Hampshire is outstanding. The view is spectacular...the food is innovative and the staff is very friendly. Whether lunch or dinner the
specials are new and different. Try the Lobster Mac'N Cheese.. or the juicy burgers you can't miss.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Went there for the first time with friends. We all were disappointed with our food--even my friend who very rarely finds fault with a restaurant. Thought I would give it another try thinking that was a bad night, but the second time the food was just as bad. I ordered calamari and both times it was soggy. The other dishes ordered were Kobi steak and the Ahi Tuna. The steak was tough and cold and the tuna was rubbery and cold. One guest had chicken parmesan and they did like that. One of the other guests had pizza and that was just ok. The sweet potato fries were also soggy and cold.
Since it was my birthday the second time there and the waitress heard that, she brought me a slice of carrot cake-nice gesture.
It's disappointing that this place is not what we hoped it would be since we're not far from it. the parking lot is always filled, so not sure if other people go there for a drink and the alcohol dulls the senses for good food.

1  Thank skibones
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Good ambience. Restaurant was pretty busy on a Sunday night in September. Restaurant has a well thought out variety of selections and the wind and beer list was very good. I had the pork medallions with cabbage and asparagus that was very moist and tasty (could have used more salt). My guest had the short ribs that were very good and tender. All in all this was a well run restaurant and delivered a very solid performance. Still, I can't help feeling there was no compelling reason to return but there is no reason not to experience Canoe either.