“Dinnertime”
Review of Canoe Restaurant

Canoe Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Canoe Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Milford, NH
“Dinnertime”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We went for dinner, it was busy, popular place, as there isn't to many eateries of this caliber around. We ordered the Chowder and three appetizers to split, everything was excellent and we picked good choices as they made a good combo.

Visited June 2014

Boston, Massachusetts
“Good food and service”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had a lovely lunch here with a very attentive server and good food. Willing to accommodate vegetarians.

Visited July 2014
“Horrendous service”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We just left The Canoe after waiting for 20 minutes with no service. The room was full with customers and 1 waiter and 1 waitress walked by us numerous times. One even telling us she'd be with us in a minute. And still nothing. This is the 2nd time in the past few months where we have received terrible service at this place. It's summer...you would think they would be properly staffed. We are locals and it's it's disappointing that we have to eliminate this place all together.

1 Thank JMarchand
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The best word I can use to describe my experience at Canoe is, "eh." It wasn't the worst meal I ever had, but it was nowhere near the best, either. I had high hopes for Canoe, based on recommendations from some locals. The service was fine, but the food left a lot to be desired. I had the ahi tuna, which arrived looking much bettter than it tasted. It was seared on the outside and very rare inside. Based on its looks, I was expecting a great-tasting piece of fish. Instead, it just tasted old; it had very little flavor and was mushy. Even worse, about 30 minutes after eating it, I felt queasy - a feeling that lasted for the remainder of the evening. I won't be going back to Canoe.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Eric S
Portland, Oregon
“Uninspired”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We were seated in the downstairs which is like eating in a bar, which is if that is what I wanted, I would have eaten in a bar.

The waitress was nice enough and did well at her job. My order came out exactly as I ordered it. The food was fine, not great. I was underwhelmed by having to remove our own salad plates although I don't know whose job that was.

All in all just an average dinner with a higher than average price.

Visited July 2014