“Clean, Comfortable and Friendly”

Mount Whittier Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Center Ossipee
Cincinnati
“Clean, Comfortable and Friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

We recently were driving to visit friends in NH and needed a place for a brief overnight stay. The Mount Whittier was perfect and the manager, Emma, was a great help. We arrived late and she arranged for the key to be in our room so we could just go in and crash. The room was modest, but clean and comfortable. We had a good rest and were on our way early the next morning. It perfectly met our needs.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TravelRichC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
connecticut, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

Stayed here for the weekend for a wedding. The staff was amazing, very accomodating. the rooms were so clean, although the place doesnt look like much. The cleaners even picked up our sweaty clothes off the floor (many apologies). coffee was ready in the morning at 8 am! Id stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank bas5724
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012 via mobile

A very convenient and friendly motor inn with inexpensive middle June season rates. The motor inn is on Highway 16 in Center Ossippi, New Hampshire. Easy access to North Conway, the White Moutains, Wolfboro, and the Lakes Region of Western Maine. Simple air conditioned rooms but with everything I needed and a pool.

Stayed June 2012
6 Thank kwall10
Sneads Ferry, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

I am a 100%disabled service veteran. I found the motel completly accessible. It is spotless clean and we were referred by the Yankee Smokehouse (local restaurant). I was given a military discount. The best part of the motel is the resident owner "Emma" who treated us like a member of her very own family. Emma is from New Zealand and displays all the British dignity one would expect. The motel has a lovely swimming pool and the conduct of users is monitored by the owners via a closed curcuit TV. My wife and I will stay here again - we couldn't imagine staying anywhere else. I would recommend this motel to anyone else especially the most discerning

Room Tip: Check with local business owners. Without exception all local establishments gave us their highest...
4 Thank Guy K
Waltham, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

My wife and I had a very very nice stay here this week. We have friends in the area who couldn't fit us in their house, so we were happy to find this motel that had pretty affordable rates and very clean rooms.
We'd had a bad experience with a motel up the road so asked to see a room before we checked in which the owner was very happy for us to do. The room was clean and comfortable with everything that we needed for a place to sleep and relax.
It's only about a minute's drive to Lake Ossipee and they gave us a voucher for the Yankee Smokehouse up the road at check-in, which came in handy as we love that place.
The outdoor swimming pool was cool and clean. We both enjoyed ourselves and will definitely be back.

Room Tip: They recommended a restaurant called Jakes Seafood just a mile up the road which was excellent - HUG...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Waltham168
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

We were happy to find a wheelchair accessible motel for the weekend in June. Staff was very nice.

I use a wheelchair and booked their one bedroom accessible room. There was a sturdy portable ramp leading up to our door.

It was hard to fit my manual wheelchair next to the bed because there wasn't much room between the wall and the bed. Luckily, we were able to push the bed over a few inches and that gave me enough room to get next to the bed for transferring.

The bathroom had a small roll-in shower with a built in shower chair, however the shower wasn't big enough for me to roll my chair into, which is what I like to do. The sink is outside the bathroom.

There's a small swimming pool on site. It does not have a lift to gain access.

I didn't contact hotel staff about the shower being small because there wasn't much they could do. Honestly, I was just happy to have a clean, moderately accessible place to sleep after going to my family reunion.

Side note: I brought a red dress to wear to a family function down the road, put it on and noticed a button was about to fall off. Imagine my delight when I found a needle with red and white thread mixed in with the complementary toiletries . Total awesomeness!

Room Tip: Call ahead to make sure the accessible room is available.
2 Thank Erin755
Jermyn, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

Stayed there in June 2012. I can say that from the first contact I had with Emma, to the last, she was wonderful. The room was spotless. The office has free coffee service from 8:00AM - 10:00PM. I will stay again on my return to Freedom NH.

3 Thank wendy h
#2 of 6 in Tamworth
Purity Spring Resort
Purity Spring Resort
#1 of 1 in Madison

Been to Mount Whittier Motel? Share your experiences!